• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro joe,

i remember u posted b4 that u been to saiyko camp in the 80s. did u ate at the chicken rice stall beside the main canteen. that stall was the only stall there not owned by saf camp commandant. the granny served a toned down version of our chicken rice and chicken soup meehoon which i find very nice. while the rest of goondus headed for the canteen, i always go to this stall by the side with only 3-4 tables who main customers were the thai soldiers and saf perm staff. i tot that type of makan is common food until prove wrong as i cannot find anything similar in bangkok. even the coconut ice cream sold by the "mobile s4" also cannot find in bangkok.

Alamak it was 1987 April more than 25 years ago seriously I cannot recall la. Only can recall drinking hot Singha beer at that 43degC summer heat under vehicle and can also recall the cold icy chow-kuey (ching chow).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow is a public holiday in LOS and all the cars from nearby provinces are starting to come in. :*:

20121204_155141.jpg

Frankly speaking, here is not ready for such a high volume traffic. But heng ah, I got Kap Kia brother Scoopy. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tomorrow is a public holiday in LOS and all the cars from nearby provinces are starting to come in. :*:

Frankly speaking, here is not ready for such a high volume traffic. But heng ah, I got Kap Kia brother Scoopy. :smile:

Tomorrow holiday? Who die ha?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great meal Spotter. This 古早人 dishes looked a little like our Teochew porridge. I bet if eat this in Singapore say in Havelock road will surely cost you more than $50. So how much was this meal?

Guess the temptation is too great to resist :p Made a trip across the Causeway last night :biggrin:
No prizes for guessing which establishment I patronized :wink:

Was too engrossed with chomping , forgot to take pic of the kong bak ( fats literally melts in your mouth ) :biggrin:

Joint started by Taiwanese MILF.........1st joint was in jalan sutera in Taman Sentosa and had another in Jalan Harimau just behind century plaza.....those were the days.

yes, this 古早人台湾粥 many years liao. used to eat this when chiong in JB. those were the days when Holiday Plaza full of pirated CDs and good health centre in holiday inn.

a bit different from teochew porridge, they got sweet potato inside porridge and a lot of stew dish. authentic teochew mostly seafood and a lot of steam dish.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, this 古早人台湾粥 many years liao. used to eat this when chiong in JB. those were the days when Holiday Plaza full of pirated CDs and good health centre in holiday inn.
Hehehe. Before going Kim Keong KTV right?

BTW, this style of taiwanese porridge still available in ABC hawker centre and also Oasis.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. Before going Kim Keong KTV right?

BTW, this style of taiwanese porridge still available in ABC hawker centre and also Oasis.

yes, oasis very famous now at tpy garden. old airport rd one also very nice, at the corner. if u order a lot, they will give u a pot of porridge.

i remember sentosa got a lot of night club right? went to all of them, but can't recall the name now. really old liao. sentosa got one hawker centre too, got cheap and good seafood.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, oasis very famous now at tpy garden. old airport rd one also very nice, at the corner. if u order a lot, they will give u a pot of porridge.

i remember sentosa got a lot of night club right? went to all of them, but can't recall the name now. really old liao. sentosa got one hawker centre too, got cheap and good seafood.
does dallas ring a bell? :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
null-161.jpg

For once, a healthy dinner of porridge, fried vege and an omelette

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
back in apartment to catch 2 hour nap. this afternoon start liaoz. later at midnight have to go sarport friend st sapphire agogo st soi 15 walking street. no choice lah, i am after this chio indian zha boh ley. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
back in apartment to catch 2 hour nap. this afternoon start liaoz. later at midnight have to go sarport friend st sapphire agogo st soi 15 walking street. no choice lah, i am after this chio indian zha boh ley. :smile:

Got chio like this one not? This one I like

null-127.jpg