• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Would you Laugh or Pity this man?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like the relentless sweep by the vice squads last 2 month have driven the chinese girls downtown and adopted new tactics to con sympathetic ears with their predicament.

I was one victim. I wonder if there were others.

It happen to me last month. I was walking the mall towards City hall mrt. There was this China girl who approached me and ask Úncle' could you help me. She look worried. I ask her how I could help her. She hesitated and say she just arrived from China for a one week holiday and her ATM card got retained by the ATM machine. She got no money and it take 2-3 days to get the card back. She ask if I could lend her some money for food and hotel stay for a night and that she will pay me the next day when her brother arrived from Hongkong. She says that she don't know what to do , if I refused to help her. She was with another girl, the 2 of them age 16 and 23 Both look honest and was decently dressed. It took me quite a while before I gave her $30/-. Seeing my generousity, she continue asking me to help her pay for a night hotel lodging for her and her sister. It was quite late that night about 8.30 pm then. In my mind I was thinking If I don't help her both of them would have no where to spend the night. How can I be so heartless to ignore the plight of these girls. Eventually, I withdrew some money and told her that I will foot the hotel room for them for the night. We then walk out of Raffles city. She then ask me where are we heading. I told her to the hotel81 which she mentioned earlier. It was then that she says she feels uneasy to be seen going into the hotel with me as it will give people a wrong idea and ask me instead to give her the money. I hesitated for a while and thought she had a point there. So eventually, I gave her the money and she ask for my phone no. She then ring my no. We then parted way. I was glad that I had help a helpless soul. Next day, till now never heard from her. So I was actually conned by a seeminlgly helpess girls. This is a lesson learnt for me.

So guys! Look out for these China Girls. Doesn't pay to be kind, lending a sympathetic ear. Walk away if you don't want to be a victim like silly me.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=29744

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it would be interesting to hear what our resident geylang cheongster kaixin1 aka ng ejay, or my pet snake can comment about this. he claims to be a regular patron at those red district areas with his sidekick bluesotong who's appearing in a host of cowardly nics here :wink:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an imbecile. Sinkie men are hopeless. Only know how to smoke, watch football, get conned by cheap whores and have erectile problems.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ring her back la ...

ding dong ding dong , I am calling you

<object width="456" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WXYgziSxxt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WXYgziSxxt8&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="456" height="345"></embed></object>

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very common in China. Someone will approach you and say came here to find relatives, but can't contact. haven't eaten for days, or climb Great Wall got injured no money to see doctor, and ask you for money.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is very common in China. Someone will approach you and say came here to find relatives, but can't contact. haven't eaten for days, or climb Great Wall got injured no money to see doctor, and ask you for money.

阿中, 死一个不多, 死一个不少

As the cantonese always say 睬他个傻!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It looks like the relentless sweep by the vice squads last 2 month have driven the chinese girls downtown and adopted new tactics to con sympathetic ears with their predicament.

It happen to me last month. I was walking the mall towards City hall mrt. There was this China girl who approached me and ask Úncle' could you help me. She look worried. I ask her how I could help her. She hesitated and say she just arrived from China for a one week holiday and her ATM card got retained by the ATM machine. She got no money and it take 2-3 days to get the card back. She ask if I could lend her some money for food and hotel stay for a night and that she will pay me the next day when her brother arrived from Hongkong. She says that she don't know what to do , if I refused to help her. She was with another girl, the 2 of them age 16 and 23 Both look honest and was decently dressed. It took me quite a while before I gave her $30/-. Seeing my generousity, she continue asking me to help her pay for a night hotel lodging for her and her sister. It was quite late that night about 8.30 pm then. In my mind I was thinking If I don't help her both of them would have no where to spend the night. How can I be so heartless to ignore the plight of these girls. Eventually, I withdrew some money and told her that I will foot the hotel room for them for the night. We then walk out of Raffles city. She then ask me where are we heading. I told her to the hotel81 which she mentioned earlier. It was then that she says she feels uneasy to be seen going into the hotel with me as it will give people a wrong idea and ask me instead to give her the money. I hesitated for a while and thought she had a point there. So eventually, I gave her the money and she ask for my phone no. She then ring my no. We then parted way. I was glad that I had help a helpless soul. Next day, till now never heard from her. So I was actually conned by a seeminlgly helpess girls. This is a lesson learnt for me.

So guys! Look out for these China Girls. Doesn't pay to be kind, lending a sympathetic ear. Walk away if you don't want to be a victim like silly me.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=29744

hi there

1. honest, there is nothing to laugh or pity.
2. he is one of those inexperienced sheep here who can be easily duped by some "sad" stories by a foreigner.
3. well, he shall learn his lesson.
4. after all, he only parted 30bucks to learn one valuable lesson.
5. in sheepishland, we are drilled to believe that the world is so clean and uncorrupted mah!
6. sheep are still sheep.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope he learn a lesson
If he wants to have sex, just go to Geylang. Dont need to act like a kind man to gain favors.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sound like a cheap con job. say his blessing, it will be worse if he marry her.that will be the end of him.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't laugh at him cos' he has become my hero and a role model!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

All sinkies shld learn from him.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal

So I was actually conned by a seeminlgly helpess girls. This is a lesson learnt for me.

Frankly, I'm proud for you that you've displayed compassion. This is not about who is smarter, and who is outwitted. It's about compassion, and the 3 Chinese girls ought to feel ashamed.

When a burglar enters your house and steal your belongings, it's the burglar who ought to feel ashamed. Whenever bystanders deride the victim for being gullible, it's an encouragement to the conman.

You helped out of compassion; your reward is compassion. Just as if you're honest in returning lost goods, your reward is not to have your virtuousness published in papers. If you're honest, your reward is honesty, even if someone has taken advantage of your honest act.