• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman tried to seduce me and force me to rape her

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I meant was most likely the cabbie will testify in court. Natural course of investigation. Must ask the Ram for input.

Not easy to trace the cabbie unless it was a booking or the cabbie comes out and volunteers himself. Anyway from the information published, I'd think that she got adventurous after some drinks and agreed to go to the guy's home. As the effect of alcohol subsided and she sobered up, she changed her mind but was in the guy's home already and feeling trapped. After reluctantly going through it, she's even more sobered up by then and decided that it was no consent at all, she was trapped and taken advantage of. The guy can get a good defence lawyer to counter-claim that he was drunk too. Drunk and drunk, no mutual consent also no rape (except in statutory underage cases).

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Such 'brotherly' ties between father and son usually happens in the west. Not only to ang mos but American born Chinese too. Perhaps it is their culture. Ours is more conservative.

Ah Ram: Teok bo?

bro , most of my friends treat their kid like their friend ...maybe new-age father . :wink:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not easy to trace the cabbie unless it was a booking or the cabbie comes out and volunteers himself. Anyway from the information published, I'd think that she got adventurous after some drinks and agreed to go to the guy's home. As the effect of alcohol subsided and she sobered up, she changed her mind but was in the guy's home already and feeling trapped. After reluctantly going through it, she's even more sobered up by then and decided that it was no consent at all, she was trapped and taken advantage of. The guy can get a good defence lawyer to counter-claim that he was drunk too. Drunk and drunk, no mutual consent also no rape (except in statutory underage cases).

If the aforementioned taxi companies were to be asked for assistance to provide locations of taxis at a certain place and certain time past. It is possible.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the aforementioned taxi companies were to be asked for assistance to provide locations of taxis at a certain place and certain time past. It is possible.

The prosecution won't do that when they think they have enough to secure conviction. The defence may try that if they think it helps but the cost to suphoena taxi companies for the GPS logs of locations of all their taxis during the material time would be horrendous, and most probably quite unhelpful even if they zero down to the taxi and the driver. A normally sane driver will tell you he couldn't recall anything.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The prosecution won't do that when they think they have enough to secure conviction. The defence may try that if they think it helps but the cost to suphoena taxi companies for the GPS logs of locations of all their taxis during the material time would be horrendous, and most probably quite unhelpful even if they zero down to the taxi and the driver. A normally sane driver will tell you he couldn't recall anything.

Being a High Court case, they should 'complete' their investigations and evidence by locating the taxi driver coz any conversation inside the cab is critical in understanding the 'mood' at that time. Body language also tells a half story which should be useful either way - prosecution or defense.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a High Court case, they should 'complete' their investigations and evidence by locating the taxi driver coz any conversation inside the cab is critical in understanding the 'mood' at that time. Body language also tells a half story which should be useful either way - prosecution or defense.

When the accused is hauled to court (as against remanded or bailed), the prosecution side is declaring investigation completed and warrants charging in court. It's up to the defence to defend now. During my time, tracking a cab not on booking was high nigh impossible without GPS. Now it's technically possible but as I've mentioned, very tedious and expensive and certainly not compulsory. The judiciary has no say in the investigation process and requirement. It only deals with what's presented in court. At best (or worst, depending on POV), the judge can simply throw the case out of court for lack of evidence, but cannot tell the investigator and prosecutor or defence counsel what to look for and what to present.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The judiciary has no say in the investigation process and requirement. It only deals with what's presented in court. At best (or worst, depending on POV), the judge can simply throw the case out of court for lack of evidence, but cannot tell the investigator and prosecutor or defence counsel what to look for and what to present.

Not 100% correct. Judges are known to comment on the lapses of police investigation. I can't recall which cases but they were reported in the papers.

Not long ago, if I am correct, an Indian High Court judge ordered some re-investigation when it was deemed important enough. Case was adjourned.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the judiciary can direct the Police or AG to conduct further investigation or follow a line of query. This is not common but it does happen. The judiciary however cannot direct the investigation.

Here is a simple example. The accused testifies that at the material time that is stated in the charge sheet he was a guest of Obama at the White House and therefore could not be present at the Istana raping the chambermaid.

I can assure you that Judge will direct the DPP to inevestigate and the case will be stood down.

People will wonder why this was not established earlier but there have been cases especially old ones when people can't remember what they did years ago.

There was one case, where a girl who returned home late claimed that she was molested by an Ah Pek. She pointed out an Ah Pek at a Clementi Coffeeshop who was so blur that he had could not defend himself. During his trial, one of his friends remembered that he was in Changi Prison for another case. The case was adjourned for further investigation and it turned out that he was indeed serving time.

The judiciary has no say in the investigation process and requirement. It only deals with what's presented in court. At best (or worst, depending on POV), the judge can simply throw the case out of court for lack of evidence, but cannot tell the investigator and prosecutor or defence counsel what to look for and what to present.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the Broadcaster Shankar Aiyar's molest case, the Police were hopeless and actually dropped the investigation. The girl's father did the investigation and found the taxi driver.

The taxi-driver's testimony sealed the case conclusively.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Kangroo courts....if you are not the elites, chances of guilty judgement is very high when AGC decides to proceed with case.

We all know there are so many mitigating factors and maybe even evidences that they were lovey dovey.....
but as long as the gal says she did allow sexual intercourse as a willing partner, the guy is screwed.

You can KPKB but just arse luck...

Hahaha.... guys who seek ONS...be warned.