• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will there be a bad food shortage in Singapore?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
We signed some agreement with ANZ to keep logistics supply open. ANZ supplies a lot of good quality fruits, veges and dairy products to Singapore.

Just keep about 5kg of rice per pax in the household, some instant noodles, canned tuna and sardines, toiletries, should be good enough.

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today supermarket may be long queue again.
Perhaps shelf empty
For fish i don't buy at ntuc
I buy at song fish outlets, so should be ok.
For vegetables, I already bought several packs of this delmonte mixed vegetables from ntuc that have a long shelf live even without putting in fridge

9135564783646.jpg

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...arting-to-hoard-food-threatening-global-trade

Just received this link from a friend. He asks me to stock up some good just in case the situation becomes bad by next week. I think I better do some.stocking later.

Looks like now countries are starting to ban food exports and keeping the most for themselves.

Unlikely to have food shortage. Worst comes the worst, you and your child would have to make do with less.

I'm far more concerned with it becoming physically unsafe to visit a supermarket or a shopping mall due to widespread community transmission

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unlikely to have food shortage. Worst comes the worst, you and your child would have to make do with less.

I'm far more concerned with it becoming physically unsafe to visit a supermarket or a shopping mall due to widespread community transmission
I agree too. I am only a simple person, but i think food should be enough, but the choices may not be there. Like she likes steamed cod with plain congee so just in case no more cod comes into Singapore, so I better stock up some. Anyway, I am not paying for it. The maintenance monies should cover for it.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm far more concerned with it becoming physicall
For fish i don't buy at ntuc
I buy at song fish outlets, so should be ok.
For vegetables, I already bought several packs of this delmonte mixed vegetables from ntuc that have a long shelf live even without putting in fridge

9135564783646.jpg
Things will be fine.
As you have it all planned

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I agree too. I am only a simple person, but i think food should be enough, but the choices may not be there. Like she likes steamed cod with plain congee so just in case no more cod comes into Singapore, so I better stock up some. Anyway, I am not paying for it. The maintenance monies should cover for it.

Cod is very good food. I should get my folks to eat more cod too