• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Mr Lee Kuan Yew didn't want to go to the hospital immediately

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He was speaking at a closed-door tribute session at SGH for Singapore's first Prime Minister,

Closed door tribute session can all of a sudden be reported in detail and prominently in the press meh? What kind of closed door is this, more likely its a bunch of PAP porlumpars that want to make it known how they mourned and cried at the Old Fart's demise. He suffered 47 days before he died in the hospital not nearly long enough as far as I am concerned.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah tell that to the guys who rotted away in prison for years even though they committed no crimes. :rolleyes:
Dear Mr Lee,

Thank you so much for loving and caring for me and feeding and housing me FOC for 26 years.

chia%2Bthye%2Bpoh.jpg

Chia Thye Poh
sorry, I couldn't resist posting this:
In Lee Hsien Loong eulogy to Mandela, he mentioned that Mandela was jailed for 27yrs. However Lee Hsien Loong forgot to mention that his father Lee Kuan Yew jailed Chia Thye Poh for 32 yrs.

Shame on you Lee Hsien Loong.
Both Mandela and Chia deserved what they got. Had they not been jailed, there would have been turmoil in both South Africa and Singapore.
There is no doubt the man was extremely ruthless and devoid of compassion like an ordinary human being. Only an animal has no compassion, it sees, it kills. Chia Thye Poh was not a committed murderer and yet he was imprisoned for more than 30 years.
Chia was an enemy of the state and could have caused untold misery. LKY did all of us a favour by putting him away for a long time so he could cause no harm. I would like to thank LKY for protecting us from the scourge of communism.
Chia Thye Poh is the world's second longest-serving political prisoner. that is worth a Nobel peace prize and fuck LKY !
His long stint in prison contributed nothing to world peace you twit. :rolleyes:

All it did was show the world what a loser he is.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man already Mati already please let him Rest in Peace lah!

Why still bring him up and let everyone argue about nothing?

When a politician tries very hard, using all means including those funded by taxpayers' money, to create a legacy, the real battle begins after his death and can continue forever. To this day people are still arguing about the legacy of Napoleon, Mao Tse Tung, Hitler, etc.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
From peekture seems to me
Old Fart cycling in Istana compound
Like his personal playground
Should have gone to coffin immediately
Can skip his personal hospital
Dumbfark seventy percent can fark spider

For him cycling on Istana compound was like cycling on his own garden.

Understand that since the early 70's he already made the Istana his private residence.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was speaking at a closed-door tribute session at SGH for Singapore's first Prime Minister,

Closed door tribute session can all of a sudden be reported in detail and prominently in the press meh? What kind of closed door is this, more likely its a bunch of PAP porlumpars that want to make it known how they mourned and cried at the Old Fart's demise. He suffered 47 days before he died in the hospital not nearly long enough as far as I am concerned.

Remember someone here shared that an old abbot in 1973 cast a curse "boh-hor-see" on him.

On tonight's channel 5 there is a female grago DJ, Vernetta Lopez who shamelessly said when he kicked the bucket, she never stopped crying until his funeral.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the guy who commandeered a whole fucking plane at short order and now they're telling us he didn't want to wake a couple of people up??? :rolleyes:

That fucking plane was for his wife not for himself. For himself, he has always being altruistic.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man already Mati already please let him Rest in Peace lah!

Why still bring him up and let everyone argue about nothing?

Too many things have been left unanswered lah.

What crimes did he commit during WW2? How many billions did he amass as an honest politician? How many billions did the PAP loose at Suzhou? Where is our CPF & how much is there left? .... I'm sure there are many more skeletons in the closet.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/t...want-to-go-to-the-hospital-immediately-on-the

I am sure this thread is going to bait all the Oppo losers to action.... :rolleyes:

Here's why Mr Lee Kuan Yew didn't want to go to the hospital immediately on the night he was feeling sick

lkymain3.jpg

Salma Khalik
​The Straits Times
Saturday, 28 March, 2015

Mr Lee Kuan Yew was very sick the night before he was hospitalised on Feb 5.

But he did not want to go to hospital immediately as it would mean waking up the senior doctors. He told his security officer to wait until after 6am the following day, when he knew most senior doctors would be awake.

"I was glad the security staff did not follow that particular instruction but brought him in straightaway," Professor Fong Kok Yong, chairman of Singapore General Hospital's (SGH) Medical Board, said yesterday.

"More than six weeks on, looking back, I'm still overwhelmed by the kindness of thought he had for others, even when he's unwell," said Prof Fong, who first met Mr Lee about 18 years ago.

He was speaking at a closed-door tribute session at SGH for Singapore's first Prime Minister, who died on Monday after 47 days at the hospital. Mr Lee was 91.

Other speakers who paid homage included Professor Christopher Cheng and Professor Ivy Ng, who opened the session. But they wanted their tributes to remain private.

The session was attended by about 1,000 SingHealth staff from its various institutions. Prof Fong said many people viewed Mr Lee as someone who was stern, maybe even combative at times.

"Not many have the opportunity to see the softer or gentler side of him. It is indeed a great privilege for me to have had that opportunity."

The first time he travelled with Mr Lee as his physician, he was asked to sit, and asked whether he wanted some water. Prof Fong said Mr Lee probably saw, from the perspiration on his brow, how anxious he was.

Mr Lee then poured him a glass of water. "It was a simple gesture of courtesy but spoke volumes about the way he treated and cared for the people around him."

On a trip to Britain several years ago, the staff accompanying Mr Lee were not told that they were also invited to attend a black-tie dinner. But they either had to rent the appropriate attire for $300 to $400, or forgo the dinner and wait outside.

When Mr Lee found out, he told them not to waste their money and to attend the dinner in a lounge suit and tie.

But what impressed Prof Fong was that Mr Lee himself dressed the same way as the rest of his delegation, even though he had the appropriate attire, as he was the guest of honour and was giving a speech.

"Such considerate behaviour and support from a boss is indeed very, very rare and very difficult to find," said Prof Fong.

Like many educated patients, Mr Lee would query and disagree with the medicines prescribed for him.

But after discussing it with the doctor, Mr Lee would say: "I'm not a doctor, I respect your views and recommendations. Though I may not fully agree with them, I'll follow your instructions."

Yesterday, Prof Fong told colleagues he often asked himself: "How can I repay what Minister Mentor has done for all of us?"

The answer, he said, is simple. "Follow his vision, remember his deeds and carry out our core mission."

Mr Lee, in a speech at SGH's 85th anniversary celebrations in 2006, had said: "The core mission of SGH is to serve Singaporeans with high-quality, affordable healthcare."

This article was first published in The Straits Times on 28 March, 2015.

Greatest spin story ever. Not even Hitler or Stalin could create this bullshit.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the guy who commandeered a whole fucking plane at short order and now they're telling us he didn't want to wake a couple of people up??? :rolleyes:

People change over time. I get mellow and yellow as I age. Be gentle with a dead man.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When SGH was first built in the 1980s, the planners envisioned a modern Hospital with Air Conditioning.

When Old man found out, he hit the roof...... all the plans were altered. No air-conditioning allowed for the masses. To him, it was a waste of money. It took him years to realised that expectations had changed, and he had been left behind.

Soon, Old Man found himself warded at the SGH. A crow appeared at his window. Freaking, out, he gave instructions that all crows in the hospital vicinity should be exterminated.
The efficient civil service quickly sent extermination crews with ladders to check on all the trees in the hospital grounds.

It was reported that they fail to find any Crow's Nests. However, some Black Mynahs were destroyed as collateral damage....

mynah_javan1.jpg

Victim of Old Man's dislike of Crows calling at his hospital window....

Did the SGH tell these stories? Maybe they refused to remember ?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

He got his priorities right, senior doctors are important people. Whereas kicking out an entire planeload of commoners and peasants obviously don't matter much in the bigger picture. After all, aren't we honored to give up our seats to the great man, ok maybe not, but a good 70% would.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When SGH was first built in the 1980s, the planners envisioned a modern Hospital with Air Conditioning.

When Old man found out, he hit the roof...... all the plans were altered. No air-conditioning allowed for the masses. To him, it was a waste of money. It took him years to realised that expectations had changed, and he had been left behind.

Soon, Old Man found himself warded at the SGH. A crow appeared at his window. Freaking, out, he gave instructions that all crows in the hospital vicinity should be exterminated.
The efficient civil service quickly sent extermination crews with ladders to check on all the trees in the hospital grounds.

It was reported that they fail to find any Crow's Nests. However, some Black Mynahs were destroyed as collateral damage....

mynah_javan1.jpg

Dr Toh Chin Chye as Minister of Health was held responsible for the SGH development and poor Dr Toh was ousted by the old bastard.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's next? A sainthood would be nice.
Maybe built a temple so the 70% can go worship

Wait..soon, we will read more news, saying he didn't want to be cremated at certain time for the undertaker has to take their rest or the religious people or....the stories are infinite...

Pope Francis should consider him a Sainthood..maybe the Diocese of the Catholic Church should nominate to the vatican...:rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

mynah_javan1.jpg

THAT IS NOT A CROW.....IT IS AN INDIAN MYNA.......a foreign "pest"....imported into Singapore by the British, the common Myna is brown in colour...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

maybe he repented and tried to be good for once.

on the other hand, the above article was written by the mass state media who would only sing praises for its dear LEEder.