• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Jamus Lim join Workers' Party ?

jw5

Loyal
Jamus poses with an unmasked family. :biggrin:

1673711061859.png

jw5

Loyal
Jamus thanks all who came by with contributions. :thumbsup:

Jamus Lim

10 h ·
#TeamSengkang celebrated our Lunar New Year celebrations for #SengkangGRC before the actual new year this time round, in part to launch our festivities a little early, and in part to align with our shopping trip for new year goodies and provisions. Kids enjoyed the various craft activities and games, and we even managed a little lo hei to usher in best wishes for the coming year.
Residents more than heeded the call for rice donations, resulting in a small mountain of rice bags. We will be pairing these with other donations, and distributing these to the needy in our town. Due to the overwhelming response, we will also continue the distributions over the course of the year, with our regular monthly food distribution to less-fortunate households.
Thanks for all who came by with contributions! It truly is in the spirit of giving and sharing for the season, and we’re glad to be able to do our part in making sure every family has the living essentials of 柴米油盐酱醋茶 (firewood, rice, oil, salt, soy, vinegar, tea).
Postscript: the three rabbits from the #workersparty managed to pose briefly for perhaps an entirely justified rabbits’ ear shot (I was born in ‘76, but before the Chinese New Year, so I’m a 兔尾龙头 (“rabbit tail, dragon head”)-type deal. Being born on January 20 also puts me on the cusp for the Western zodiac, between Capricorn and Aquarius. So if you think I’ve multiple personalities, it may not be entirely a coincidence).

jw5

Loyal
Jamus continues house visits. :thumbsup:

Jamus Lim

6 h ·
This week, #TeamSengkang wrapped up 336A #Anchorvale. Clearly, the Lunar New Year spirit (and decorations) were already in the air; a quick one-two festive punch, following Christmas.
As we have been making progress on the back end for our scheduled Repair and Redecoration (R&R) for the cluster (and others), I was able to provide an update on the timeline for these works. The town council is in the process of evaluating the bids received since tender closed at the end of December, and the contract is expected to be awarded on the 2nd week of February. Thereafter, the winning contractor will begin setting up shop at the site, and a slate of proposed color schemes will be drawn up by the team, to be voted on by the end of March. Minor repairs should already begin around then, and painting—the most visible aspect of the R&R—is scheduled for April.
Of course, they’ll be some variation in the rollout for on-ground works, owing to differences present in each cluster. Indeed, as I went about my all-Anchorvale pre-Chinese New Year walk yesterday (27,094 steps! Hooray), I was able to share the feedback on specific gripes and concerns that residents have shared over the course of the past couple of years with the property team, and we hope to be able to implement as many of these as possible. But overall, the residents we spoke to welcomed the impending R&R, and I’m personally excited as well.

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPOREANS NEED FREEDOM FROM RUTHLESS PAP

I saw Jamus Lim raised some valid Questions in 2020 in Parliament with an incapable and inefficient Josephine Teo to answer the effectiveness of Singapore’s Employment, S Pass measures. But Jamus Lim did not nail her down appropriately when she said Singaporeans will be jobless. if MOM reduce the spass to a lower number. I am not convinced with her response as it is NOT a fish market. It is about Singaporeans jobs in Singapore.

What is the rational /reasoning for her to make such a stupid statement??
Meaning she claims that s-pass holders bringing jobs to Singaporeans?? What jobs is she talking about//

jw5

Loyal
Jamus wishes Happy Lunar New Year to all! 新年快乐!:smile:

Jamus Lim

8 h ·
Happy Lunar New Year to all! 新年快乐!
(Juggling is one of those mostly-useless skills you pick up to impress your nephews and nieces while you’re in grad school, but evidently it comes in handy for greeting videos too).

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
JAMUS IS GOOD ASKING RIGHT CLARIFICATIONS
BUT HOSEPJHINE DID NOT CLARIFY JAMUS' QUESTIONS

Why am I sharing this?
This is just for bringing awareness.
When I scrutinize Josephine Teo in due time before her departure. you will see me how I nail her down strategically.

jw5

Loyal
Jamus contributed salmon curry for reunion dinner. :laugh:

Jamus Lim

13 h ·
Like many families all over the island last night, we gathered for our reunion dinner. We had decided over Christmas that this year would be a potluck affair (our eldest cousin—bless her heart—usually cooks), so the spread was a little more varied than usual. Nevertheless, we kept to Peranakan tradition and had our usual favorites—buah keluak, pongteh, balean kepiting—along we a few, erm, “innovations” (my contribution was salmon curry, which was an adaptation of the traditional Nonya chicken curry recipe, but with salmon instead). We were also able to welcome a freshly-minted little one—from one of my other cousins—to the family. To all that are celebrating the Lunar New Year this weekend: 新年快乐,万事如意,心想事成,身体健康,年年有余!

1674394498131.png

1674394516157.png

jw5

Loyal
Jamus thanks generous hearts. :smile:

Jamus Lim

13 h ·
We had made a call to #SengkangGRC residents to consider donating packs of rice to less-fortunate families during our Lunar New Year event, and this weekend, #TeamSengkang volunteers in #Anchorvale began the process of duly distributing these goodies. In addition to the rice, we had received generous donations of bak kwa as well as mandarins, which we were also able to share.
We also gave out oranges and a small angpow for our hardworking cleaning crew, who had been pulling longer hours in the runup to this weekend. They were working to make sure that spring cleaning junk was disposed of quickly, and that the estate was spick and span, ready to welcome visitors.
We received more packs of rice than we could pass out just for the new year, but rest assured, we’ll be using these for our more regular food distributions in support of needy families in the town. To all the generous hearts: thank you! This spirit of care and exchange is so much of what the season is about.

1674481354543.png