• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why COE drop ?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: COE prices for vehicles fell sharply across the board in the latest bidding exercise.

The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) for big cars (over 1,600cc) saw the biggest fall. It tumbled S$6,811 to S$7,589, its lowest level since February 2007.

Open Category COEs, which are used mainly for cars, dived S$3,057 to S$12,001.

For small cars of 1,600cc and below, the COE price fell S$2,812 to S$10,989.

Meanwhile, the premium for commercial vehicles dropped S$4,396 to S$11,503.

For motorcycles, the new COE price is S$1,609 - down S$280 from the previous tender exercise.

=======================================================

I thought LTA is trying to clamp down on the number of COEs issue, so the price of COE will go up. But it didnt seems so. The price of COE drop big time ! I thought our COE system will beat any system and other financial chaos any time ?

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh no... oh no no no... nothing cums free... COE droped means sumthing else will increase soon :rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: COE prices for vehicles fell sharply across the board in the latest bidding exercise.

The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) for big cars (over 1,600cc) saw the biggest fall. It tumbled S$6,811 to S$7,589, its lowest level since February 2007.

For motorcycles, the new COE price is S$1,609 - down S$280 from the previous tender exercise.

I thought LTA is trying to clamp down on the number of COEs issue, so the price of COE will go up. But it didnt seems so. The price of COE drop big time ! I thought our COE system will beat any system and other financial chaos any time ?

Times are bad, cars are discretionary spending, can always do without unless you are in the Sales/Marketing line.

I understand a lot of the car loans taken the last few years are those 10years loan, which means the residual value, if they were to sell in or scrap it is lower than the loan value. Another words, negative assets.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

If bank can go bankrupt, job uncertainty, fear of retrenchment is in the air,
low moral of workers, bosses pressure on staff...bank will only get one month bonus this yr instead of the 6 months bonus...Bank having retrenchment..

You think ppl will bit high high for COE??? Any way bidding of COE / LTA is not transparent, is up to them to command the prices ..$50.00 when ...fleet of taxis is coming...now that bank go bust off COE or CEO will drop..like dominos...