• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

who used to cheong these retro discos

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
  • rumours - at forum (DJs were that HK disco king and the other guy was the zouk fella) later revived teadance culture
  • warehouse - next to riverside hotel (zouk stole their warehouse concept)
  • chinoisserie - shinwah for the rich...became pickup joint later
  • scandals- At then Westin Hotel wasn’t very popular
  • xanadu- THE place at the Shang this place precedes the rest in the list
  • reading room- referring to the one at Marina Mandarin? Orchard Mandarin had the Library. Hilton had another similar ‘room’ forgot the name
  • ridleys- ANA used to be be called ridleys has the rubber. By Europa group
  • pacha - can’t recall
  • studebakers - pacific plaza didn’t last Long
  • peppermint park- same era as Xanadu - also By Europa
  • east west express- can’t recall

Last edited:

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then I was a matured man who liked younger girls. Now I am an old man who likes younger girls. :biggrin: In my mind, I am 30.

K.N.N.

IMG_20200814_185418.jpg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
that that was the first thing he picked up on from what you said?? I would've thought the question would be why didn't you like Fire as much or something like that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

anyway, lerine might want to meet up with you to hear about why you liked Sparks...
Lerine again? I have gotten over her but don't tell her that. :biggrin: I have fond memories of Sparks, the girls I met, befriended and slept with. One was a nurse, one a divorcee with a kid, one was studying medicine, one was an office worker on employment pass, one was a bubbly secretary. Oh, and my wife at that time (my first wife) was a teacher.