• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What did you do during your NS

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNB how did you spend your 2 - 2.5 years in NS.
Were you on the ball want to fight and die for Singapore, a spy for the platoon commander or maybe a gangster and kena charge a few times or Chao Beng or a Keng King.

Well, I was a Keng King of the Keng Kings.
lol

Last edited:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was a clerk in SAFTI HQ Coy, just how easy my army life was.
Friday afternoon asked OC to sign Leave Pass, LWE.

Reactions: jw5

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt a emotionally heroic state of mind while pledging the ns pledge during enlistment at cmpb depot before boarding the 3 tunnel :eek: :geek:
But very soon at née soon camp aka sbmt I felt like a prisoner and felt like running away.
I didn't run away but I saw recruit running away and arrested back.

Last edited:

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be honest during my time in the 80s, it was funny knowing sinkees from all walks of life, fishmonger's son, labourer's son, hawker's son, all the idiotic ah bengs....
back then spore was mainly for sinkees, you hardly see any amdk in the streets, much less any tiong or ah neh.......those were the good old days

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best joke is that during ICT reservist raining they give you old used smelly SBOs and helmets to wear and expect you to give your patriotism and commitment during that 3 weeks

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I felt a emotionally heroic state of mind while pledging the ns pledge during enlistment at cmpb depot before boarding the 3 tunnel :eek: :geek:
But very soon at née soon camp aka sbmt I felt like a prisoner and felt like running away.
I didn't run away but I saw recruit running away and arrested back.
The 1st day is to shock u n tekan u to ensure 100% obedience as a farking botak greenhorn.
Suddenly u realised u are trapped.How to pass the days in ns ? Tolerance ,yes tolerance .But some have become jokers,some become blur kings,some become keng kings.....555

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were you on the ball want to fight and die for Singapore, a spy for the platoon commander or maybe a gangster and kena charge a few times or Chao Keng or a Keng King.

lol
My platoon mates were all Hokkien Beng.
They introduced me to many things, both savory and unsavory.
lol
They were the best of the best.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 1st day is to shock u n tekan u to ensure 100% obedience as a farking botak greenhorn.
Suddenly u realised u are trapped.How to pass the days in ns ? Tolerance ,yes tolerance .But some have become jokers,some become blur kings,some become keng kings.....555

My platoon mates were all Hokkien Beng.
They introduced me to many things, both savory and unsavory.
lol
They were the best of the best.
Sbmt also has lots of hokkien bengs with tattoos and some are geylang pimps. But they all can become obedient during ns :confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My vocation is a secret, and I was put into a classified unit. :wink:

Why classified? Because the whole point of NS training is to prepare for war (i.e. we attack first, not we wait for them to attack and we defend) against a certain imaginary enemy which I shall not name here. All the military ops and tactics are based on this. :cool:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My vocation is a secret, and I was put into a classified unit. :wink:

Why classified? Because the whole point of NS training is to prepare for war (i.e. we attack first, not we wait for them to attack and we defend) against a certain imaginary enemy which I shall not name here. All the military ops and tactics are based on this. :cool:
A mock attack is rubbish, both for wars and counter terrorism.
Noone can predict how a enemy or terrorist will react to the attack.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sbmt also has lots of hokkien bengs with tattoos and some are geylang pimps. But they all can become obedient during ns :confused:
My colleague ex-nsman told me his SSGT brought him n 2 other platoon mates to sin poh poh bar after bookout.He said it was dark inside but exciting experience.555

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
My colleague ex-nsman told me his SSGT brought him n 2 other platoon mates to sin poh poh bar after bookout.He said it was dark inside but exciting experience.555
I used to wonder how the Hokkien Beng knew all these bars.
They knew which is better than the other and where you get better service.
lol

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were you on the ball want to fight and die for Singapore, a spy for the platoon commander or maybe a gangster and kena charge a few times or Chao Beng or a Keng King.

lol
90% of the time we sit around doing nothing wait for instructions.
When the instructions come, we argue back all the nonsensical things that may go wrong.
Messenger of the instructions go back to clarify with higher ups.
Then we wait again.
Round and round it went.
NS could actually be cut short to 6 months.