• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Titanium is over hype

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could it be titanium coated rather then titanium?

I've been using titanium eye wear for years without issues, from Nikon to Mont Blanc and Cartier.

Something that I've observe with the pair I had. Sometimes I've accidentally slept on my spectacles & I can simply bend the frames back into shape.

In one accident the leg was bent almost 90 degrees & didn't break when I bent it back:eek: If it had been a metal frame it would have snapped off, I know because that's what happened to an older metal frame:smile:

Don't how a titanium coated frame would react under such punishment:confused:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something that I've observe with the pair I had. Sometimes I've accidentally slept on my spectacles & I can simply bend the frames back into shape.

In one accident the leg was bent almost 90 degrees & didn't break when I bent it back:eek: If it had been a metal frame it would have snapped off, I know because that's what happened to an older metal frame:smile:

Don't how a titanium coated frame would react under such punishment:confused:

It all depends on what titanium has been alloyed with. Typically a good titanium alloy has very high tensile strength, is lightweight and extraordinary corrosion resistance such as grade 5 (Ti6Al4V, Ti-6Al-4V or Ti 6-4).

It should not be easily bent or fatigued. Metals fatigue easily when there is higher sulfur content.

Titanium coated only provides corrosion resistance, don't believe it provides any benefits in terms of strength.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
S$2600 is excluding freight charges. Can get from LBS at S$2828. Dura Ace DI 2 electronic group-set, they quote me S$5800.

Freight is only 20 bucks. :p I'm a campag person. I started on super record many decades ago and have been loyal ever since.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freight is only 20 bucks. :p I'm a campag person. I started on super record many decades ago and have been loyal ever since.

Aiyah buy from LBS can get free installation, goodwill and guarantee on products.

Wanna play with top end bike, why save the 200 bucks?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Aiyah buy from LBS can get free installation, goodwill and guarantee on products.

Wanna play with top end bike, why save the 200 bucks?

You're a real twit!:rolleyes: I mentioned probikekit.com because you said that Dura Ace cost $3800!

When I pointed out that the probikekit price was $1200 cheaper, you then came up with a price which is $1000 lower than the one you initially quoted!

Well why didn't you say so in the first place and I wouldn't even have bothered to point out the potential on-line savings.:eek:

Your twists and turns would put Landis to shame. :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you mean titanium coated frame can be call titanium too. this is like adding water to milk. how do we know what we get???

is there an simple experiment we can do to identify amount of titanium??

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're a real twit!:rolleyes: I mentioned probikekit.com because you said that Dura Ace cost $3800!

When I pointed out that the probikekit price was $1200 cheaper, you then came up with a price which is $1000 lower than the one you initially quoted!

Well why didn't you say so in the first place and I wouldn't even have bothered to point out the potential on-line savings.:eek:

Your twists and turns would put Landis to shame. :rolleyes:

I'm bored so I thought I tickle you a little bit.

Anyway, only cheapos buy parts from probikekit.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wsie choice. My bike with 1991 chorus/record groupset still working exceptionally well. Same cant be said for shit-mano components. Campagnolo components are extremely well-made and durable, but is it good for business?