• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iphone 15 reaches 48℃

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
www.dailymail.co.uk

iPhone 15 Pro owners say their smartphones are overheating so much they can't hold them - with one user recording scorching temperatures of 48°C​

By Jonathan Chadwick For Mailonline 11:33 BST 26 Sep 2023 , updated 11:36 BST 26 Sep 2023
crop

Apple's new smartphone has only been available for four days, but buyers are already noticing problems.
iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max users have complained that their new device becomes unbearably hot after a few minutes of continuous use.
1/1 Continue watching after the ad Visit Advertiser websiteGO TO PAGE PLAY
1.png
Top Stories by Daily Mail01:00 About Connatix V343550Scientists reveal the date Earth will face a mass EXTINCTION
Window to preserve liveable climate rapidly closing, says IPCC
New experiments show the iPhone 15 Pro reached temperatures of up to 118°F (48°C) in 30 minutes – too hot to handle.
Users took to X to complain about the issue with one saying: 'The natural titanium iPhone 15 Pro gets extremely hot, so much so that it becomes difficult to hold.
'It heats up after just a 2-minute FaceTime call or when scrolling through reels for 8-10 minutes.
X user @GadgetsBoy said: 'iPhone 15 Pro Max gets so hot, you definitely need a case. You don't even need to be doing anything intensive for it to get hot'
X user @GadgetsBoy said: 'iPhone 15 Pro Max gets so hot, you definitely need a case. You don't even need to be doing anything intensive for it to get hot'
'This is insane': One experiment in China showed the iPhone 15 Pro can reach temperatures of 118°F (48°C)
'This is insane': One experiment in China showed the iPhone 15 Pro can reach temperatures of 118°F (48°C)

READ MORE iPhone 15 Pro can change colour if you don't use a case, Apple admits

The titanium frame can temporarily change colour without protection
The titanium frame can temporarily change colour without protection
'This is a new issue for me, as I've never encountered this with any previous phone.'
X user @GadgetsBoy said: 'iPhone 15 Pro Max gets so hot, you definitely need a case. You don't even need to be doing anything intensive for it to get hot.'
Another X user, @RjeyTech, said: 'The iPhone 15 Pro Max gets so hot sometimes, that if you're using it caseless you can't even hold it.'
Meanwhile, @its_shevi posted: 'iPhone 15 Pro Max gets really hot easily. I'm just browsing social media and its burning up.'
And @itz_mohitverma said: 'If the iPhone 15 Pro gets too hot when you play games, it might not be the best choice for gaming, even if it can run console games.'
Users on Apple's online support community also shared their experience with the new device.
User marstatooine said: 'I just got the IPhone 15 Pro today and it's so hot i can't even hold it for very long! Hope they resolve this.'
Another member replied: 'This has been happening to me too and I just got the phone.
'I realized quickly that it was hotter than my previous phone.'
Another added: 'Was taking pictures and it keeps shutting down due to over heating.'
And @itz_mohitverma said: 'If the iPhone 15 Pro gets too hot when you play games, it might not be the best choice for gaming, even if it can run console games'
And @itz_mohitverma said: 'If the iPhone 15 Pro gets too hot when you play games, it might not be the best choice for gaming, even if it can run console games'
The two most expensive options in the iPhone 15 family, the Pro and Pro Max, reach a whopping £1,499 and £1,599, depending on storage
The two most expensive options in the iPhone 15 family, the Pro and Pro Max, reach a whopping £1,499 and £1,599, depending on storage

READ MORE Apple issues urgent software update days after new iPhone comes out

iOS 17.0.1 is for iPhone models still supported by the tech giant - but the new iPhone 15 gets iOS 17.0.2
iOS 17.0.1 is for iPhone models still supported by the tech giant - but the new iPhone 15 gets iOS 17.0.2
The source of the heat is believed to be the processing chip, which in smartphones generally gets hotter the harder it has to work.
Apple's iPhone 15 Pro options come with a top-of-the-range chip called A17 Pro which improves performance, including AI capabilities and battery life.
A Chinese tech blogger who goes by the name Geekerwan found the chip in the iPhone Pro sets new records for temperature in just 30 minutes.
'The iPhone 15 Pro's surface temperature set a new record in my experience with iPhones, reaching a staggering 48°C,' he said in a video posted to YouTube.
Apple released its iPhone 15 range on Friday, equipped with a new titanium frame, USB-C charging port and new artificial intelligence features.
The two most expensive options in the iPhone 15 family, the Pro and Pro Max, reach a whopping £1,499 and £1,599, depending on storage.
Unlike the cheaper iPhone 15 and 15 Plus, the more expensive Pro range uses lightweight titanium rather than stainless steel.
Titanium has one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios of any metal, which means it feels solid in the hand, yet the iPhone is surprisingly light.
Unlike the cheaper iPhone 15 and 15 Plus, the more expensive Pro range uses lightweight titanium rather than stainless steel
Unlike the cheaper iPhone 15 and 15 Plus, the more expensive Pro range uses lightweight titanium rather than stainless steel
But it's not thought to be titanium that is related to the heat issue, because the material has relatively poor heat conductivity.
It's possible the issue could be fixed with a future software update; MailOnline has contacted Apple for comment.
Apple has already had to admit that iPhone 15 Pro can change colour if people don't use a case to protect that material from oils in skin.
One frustrated user tweeted that the colour distortion issues were 'kinda wild considering the price of this tech'.
Apple has also scrambled to release an updated version of its new operating system iOS 17.0, because it was vulnerable to 'malware' – malicious software.

iPhone 15 Pro review: MailOnline gets hands-on with Apple's new flagship smartphone - so, is it really worth £1,499?​

After months of anticipation, rumours, and excitement, Apple's new iPhone 15 range finally goes on sale this Friday.
The tech giant unveiled four new devices at its September event - the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
The top of the range - iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max - boast a number of impressive features including a new Action Button, a titanium finish, and a USB-C charger.
But with prices ranging from £999 to £1,599, is it really worth splashing the cash?
MailOnline's Shivali Best got hands-on with the iPhone 15 Pro to see what all the fuss is about.