• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Dave Lee (Corporal F.C.) Thread

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You still choose to twist and turn, and ignore the difference in the 2 cases.

My friend stopped when he felt weird and uncomfortable. There was no pain nor anything. The damage to the heart would be minimum.

Your friend stop only when he got a heart attack. There will be pain, breathlessness, ....Part of the heart muscle will be permanently damaged.

My friend's chance of survival with little permanent damage is good. If your friend survived, he is lucky. But the efficiency of his heart should drop drastically as any heart attack will damage the muscle permanently.

There is a whole range of symptoms from mild to severe in response to a heart attack.

Pain does not necessarily mean it's a heart attack either it could be angina.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about when you don't have a clue.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

jt11sendoff050518.jpg

That one is Chief Guards Officer Colonel Seet. Surprised he dare to show his chow face at the funeral.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a whole range of symptoms from mild to severe in response to a heart attack.

Pain does not necessarily mean it's a heart attack either it could be angina.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about when you don't have a clue.
You have posted that a heart attack will stop the body from continuing to cycle. That led me to conclude that you must be refering to excruciating pain.

Now you choose to show off your knowledge that there are many other symptoms. Please highlight a few besides pain and breathlessness, that will stop the body. Don't bs that once someone has heart attack he can't continue with whatever he is doing. Many people have mild heart attack without knowing. Only discovered after doc finding scarring in the heart. However, if one is doing strenous activities and has a mild attack, it may lead to a major attack which will stop the body. That is not the body telling you. That is the body collapsing.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you 100%. It's this farker attitude as usually it is the top and usualy the paper pusher generals who talk crap and spout this shitty "it has happen , so get over it and move on" mantra or attitude esp espoused by the No.1 himself.. they forgot that those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. That's why disasters in SAS always happen again and again esp with the NS boys training and the commanders would get away scot free and maybe even get a promotion for being compliant with that farked up attitude of "get over it". Same with MRT fiasco where there is cockup every week for last 10 years and would not improve until someone is fired or there is a lawsuit eg in the MRT train accdient where screwed up engineer bocap attitude which resulted in 2 technicians deaths and the Malay relatives demanded blood.
I say let there be a whistleblower culture and blow up as big as possible these idiots fatal mistakes. otehriwse it would be swept under the carpet and some clown would say get over it again.

I agree. The whistleblower culture has to be blasted into the open and conducted over the Internet. No one who has been in the SAF will have any doubts that a private soldier will be too fearful and intimidated to tell the whole truth in an SAF or government-led investigation.

The ongoing fucked-up attitude towards death and disability amongst soldiers, as held by the likes of Leongsam and even the toy generals who see commoner-soldiers not as human beings but as digits, is based on this line of thinking that the "weakest link" has to be broken and it's perfectly acceptable to do so. It's a thoroughly stupid line of thinking, one that defies common sense and logic. This is since once the "weakest link" is gone through death or disability, the one holding the title of "2nd weakest link" takes over to be the new "weakest link". If this new "weakest link is not eliminated, it's then taken to be that training is not "realistic" enough". So, a new "training realism" is created until this new "weakest link" is eliminated. Based on this dumb "weakest link" logic, the cycle will continue until everyone is bedridden, lands in a wheelchair or is buried in a coffin.

All that needs to be asked about Dave Lee's death including those before him is this: Was the death preventable? As someone who has been through and part of the SAF system, I can give my iron clad guarantee that all such training deaths are 100% preventable.

Unfortunately, until and unless the Minister of Defence and his toy generals are taught a lesson they will never forget, such preventable deaths and injuries amongst the non-white horse and commoner class of soldiers will continue.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You have posted that a heart attack will stop the body from continuing to cycle. That led me to conclude that you must be refering to excruciating pain.

Now you choose to show off your knowledge that there are many other symptoms. Please highlight a few besides pain and breathlessness, that will stop the body. Don't bs that once someone has heart attack he can't continue with whatever he is doing. Many people have mild heart attack without knowing. Only discovered after doc finding scarring in the heart. However, if one is doing strenous activities and has a mild attack, it may lead to a major attack which will stop the body. That is not the body telling you. That is the body collapsing.

What I am saying is all this "listen to your body" is the medical equivalent of a motherhood statement which sounds nice but is essentially meaningless.

Your body will never accurately tell you what is happening within. There are a whole range of symptoms for any ailment and everyone is different.

I've had stabbing chest pains while out riding. I rode harder and the pain went away. One of my friends who keeled over and died while cycling started off feeling fantastic. 2 hours later he was lying on the road as dead as doornail. There were no warning signs whatsoever. He literally collapsed mid sentence.

Life is lottery and there is nothing more certain than death. The only issue is when.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you expect the generals to do? Move in with the family so they can all shed tears together?

No. I don't want any cheap theatre from any of these toy generals such as that silly and sarcastic scenario outlined by you. But I would like them to do the honourable thing. Take full responsibility for this and resign. If the toy general Goh Si Hou does this, he will establish an honourable precedent where he and his commanders are not only fully entitled to bask in glory and take credit for the work of their men, and get their promotions and hefty pay rises when things go well, but also take full responsibility when things don't.

I know this will never happen and that's why I refer to these fuckwits as toy generals. They have zero concept of honour.

Last edited:

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
That one is Chief Guards Officer Colonel Seet. Surprised he dare to show his chow face at the funeral.

Seet Uei Lim ([email protected]), Chief Guards Officer, Commander 21st Division.

Should be getting his toy generalship and hefty pay rise this 1 July for contributing to a culture where "realistic" training is conducted as evidenced by the welcomed death of a soldier under his command.

Last edited:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till one of the Ministers or MPs son dies during their NS conscription then we will see what happens next.

For now, it is a privilege to die for your country.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till one of the Ministers or MPs son dies during their NS conscription then we will see what happens next.

For now, it is a privilege to die for your country.

Will nvr happen, tis Cuntry got 3 system. Dave and Dominic falls under the lesser mortal

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

These are not soldiers but a class of horses that comes under the SAF's iron-clad "100% no injury, no deaths" guarantee no matter how "realistic" the training. This has been so for the past 51 years since the first batch of NS boys and it will not change.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Heart attack is a layman term.

Are you referring to NSTEMI? Or STEMI?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I am saying is all this "listen to your body" is the medical equivalent of a motherhood statement which sounds nice but is essentially meaningless.

Your body will never accurately tell you what is happening within. There are a whole range of symptoms for any ailment and everyone is different.

I've had stabbing chest pains while out riding. I rode harder and the pain went away. One of my friends who keeled over and died while cycling started off feeling fantastic. 2 hours later he was lying on the road as dead as doornail. There were no warning signs whatsoever. He literally collapsed mid sentence.

Life is lottery and there is nothing more certain than death. The only issue is when.
What you are saying is common ignorance of many. I cycle off acute pain, I run away aching joints....

Yes such things happened, often especially for youngsters. After a few experiences, they develop false confidence, thinking the pain will go away. That is foolish. But even doc, fell into such trap. A rich doc, died of heart attack. It came out in the news. He had been having heartburn and dismissed the chest pain as due to heartburn. No it wasn't and he died.

Your friend was in top condition with no sign nor symptom and just collapse. You believe that his body was not giving him signals. Impossible, our body will definitely activate alarm that something is not right. He was probably those individuals with high pain threshold. Choosing to ignore the symptoms and still can appear to be perfectly fine. That is how top athletes pretend to be, especially in the last lap to fool and discourage the competitors.

Yes listening to your body sound like a motherhood statement. However, apply it with benefit of doubt because the difference is live and death. All those involved in the NS man's death didn't give him the benefit of doubt and treated the situation lightly. Even the victim himself at that time probably didn't realise that pushing too hard can die.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Name me one army that has ZERO training deaths record?

Internet call of duty "army" lol.

Real army all have training deaths.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heart attack is a layman term.

Are you referring to NSTEMI? Or STEMI?
Thanks for bringing out the medical term. Many thinks that heart attack is only the stemi type.

However, in may layman opinion the nstemi is the type that provides warning signal. I think with stemi, one will usually just collapse in pain.

For the case of my cycling friend, the doc told him it was rare but did happen before; for a blood clot from vessel in other parts of the body to be dislodged and flow to the heart, thus partially blocking a vessel. The doc said if he continued cycling, the clot may change its orientation and completely blocking the vessel. If I have not encountered such an incident, I would not think that a healthy person can died of heart attack just like that.

Please correct me if any of my understanding is wrong.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Name me one army that has ZERO training deaths record?

Internet call of duty "army" lol.

Real army all have training deaths.
many died in and out of internet cafes fighting online battles for 24 hours or more without a break. truly dedicated to their team, clan and tribe.

Man dies in Taiwan after 3-day online gaming binge
By Katie Hunt, CNN and Naomi Ng, for CNN January 19, 2015

Hong Kong (CNN) A 32-year-old man was found dead in an Internet cafe in Taiwan after a marathon three-day gaming binge, the island's second death of an online gamer this year.

The man, surnamed Hsieh, entered the cafe in Kaohsiung, Taiwan's second largest city, on January 6, Jennifer Wu, a police spokesperson from the Hunei district precint told CNN.
An employee found him motionless and sprawled on a table at 10 a.m. on January 8 and he was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead from cardiac failure, she added.

"He has been unemployed for a long time, and internet cafes were the only place he could go to," she said.
"His family said he would disappear for two to three days on end."

Prominent gamer died during live-streamed attempt to play ‘World of Tanks’ for 24 hours
By Ben Guarino Feb 23, 2017

Twenty-two hours into a 24-hour-long marathon video game session, Twitch streamer Brian Vigneault, 35, got up to take a smoke break. He never returned to his computer.

His fans, mainly fellow gamers who watched Vigneault play the online skirmisher “World of Tanks,” wondered if Vigneault had fallen asleep. It was around 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, and falling asleep would not have been completely unexpected. Vigneault, under the online nickname Poshybrid, would play “World of Tanks” for extreme lengths of time to raise donations for charity.

When a moderator messaged Vigneault a few hours after his abrupt disappearance, a Virginia Beach detective responded via Vigneault’s computer on the chat app Discord, according to a Reddit post. Vigneault was found unresponsive at his Virginia Beach home early Sunday evening. He had died while raising money for the Make-A-Wish charity.

Taiwan teen dies after gaming for 40 hours
AAP 1:44AM August 2, 2012

A TAIWAN teenager has collapsed and died at an internet cafe after playing Diablo 3, a popular online video game, for 40 consecutive hours, local media say.
The 18-year-old identified by only his surname, Chuang, booked a private room at the cafe in Tainan, southern Taiwan, around noon on July 13 and played for nearly two days without eating, the United Daily News broadsheet reported on Tuesday.

On the morning of July 15, an attendant entered the room and found Chuang resting on a table. After the attendant woke him, he stood, took a few steps and then collapsed, the report said.

He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.

Police were investigating the cause of death and an autopsy was being carried out, the newspaper reported.

They speculated that long hours in a sedentary position created cardiovascular problems for Chuang, the report said.

The deceased had been playing the latest installment of the role-playing game developed by US-based Activision Blizzard Inc.

This is the second death in Taiwan from playing video games this year.

In February, a man in New Taipei was found dead, slumped in a chair facing a computer with his arms still reaching out for the keyboard after playing for 23 hours. The cause of death was reported as cardiac arrest.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wah lah. See even call of duty online game also can die.

I have said this before. Name me a place where all 17 to 19 year olds make never ever die?

Singapore lor. Cos all those males are in SAF and cannot die one. Cannot get cancer cannot get sudden cardiac arrest cannot have heat stroke.

Man go serve NS even safe than living in real life.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. The whistleblower culture has to be blasted into the open and conducted over the Internet. No one who has been in the SAF will have any doubts that a private soldier will be too fearful and intimidated to tell the whole truth in an SAF or government-led investigation.

The ongoing fucked-up attitude towards death and disability amongst soldiers, as held by the likes of Leongsam and even the toy generals who see commoner-soldiers not as human beings but as digits, is based on this line of thinking that the "weakest link" has to be broken and it's perfectly acceptable to do so. It's a thoroughly stupid line of thinking, one that defies common sense and logic. This is since once the "weakest link" is gone through death or disability, the one holding the title of "2nd weakest link" takes over to be the new "weakest link". If this new "weakest link is not eliminated, it's then taken to be that training is not "realistic" enough". So, a new "training realism" is created until this new "weakest link" is eliminated. Based on this dumb "weakest link" logic, the cycle will continue until everyone is bedridden, lands in a wheelchair or is buried in a coffin.

All that needs to be asked about Dave Lee's death including those before him is this: Was the death preventable? As someone who has been through and part of the SAF system, I can give my iron clad guarantee that all such training deaths are 100% preventable.

Unfortunately, until and unless the Minister of Defence and his toy generals are taught a lesson they will never forget, such preventable deaths and injuries amongst the non-white horse and commoner class of soldiers will continue.

2018-05-07 10.30.29.png