• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore Chinese why so inferior complex about name

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are a loser

angmoh call you kenny you lan lan must accept

Actually is the other way around. its not that i lan lan accept, in fact i gave this name to myself, just for the ang mos.

for the matter of facts, my real chinese name is so hard to pronouce that only the chinese teachers can get it right. majority of the chinese that i met even have problem saying it properly.

i find it quite a nice way to get things moving. without the situation
"sorry what's it again?" for the next 5 minutes and worst still for the bloody next few meetings. (this happens to fellow singaporean chinese i met as well)

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mind Chinese adopting a Christian name but some in HKG and CHN take on really odd ones. I've came across names such as Apple, Purple, Thor etc.

Once, I had a customer, her name was Sincere. She wasn't familiar with the IT stuff, so she got somone to talk to me, and his name was.... Mercy.

-.- -.- -.- -.-