• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans very fussy leh...$5000 job dowan.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are not lacking jobs. Singaporeans simply have more job options these days and even if a job pays $5000 but if it's not suited to their interests or not their passion, they will turn it down. I am not sure if it's an excuse though, to reject jobs that they despise/have no regard for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQnzRy53pBc

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are not lacking jobs. Singaporeans simply have more job options these days and even if a job pays $5000 but if it's not suited to their interests or not their passion, they will turn it down. I am not sure if it's an excuse though, to reject jobs that they despise/have no regard for

If the job pays well but you have to work for a foreigner-owned company swarming with their countrymen, for example ah nehs or pinoys, the pay becomes unimportant.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the job pays well but you have to work for a foreigner-owned company swarming with their countrymen, for example ah nehs or pinoys, the pay becomes unimportant.

Wow you are very principled.

But sad to say most of the big MNCs in Singapore are foreigner owned and swarming with foreigners. You also probably have to take orders from a foreigner who considers himself more superior than your kind.

Too bad.

Savingtheworld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we are not lacking jobs. Singaporeans simply have more job options these days and even if a job pays $5000 but if it's not suited to their interests or not their passion, they will turn it down. I am not sure if it's an excuse though, to reject jobs that they despise/have no regard for.

I have regard for low wage workers but if you offer me their jobs, I will think twice.

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the heck is kopisai. I appreciate if you stop linking me to this kopisai because i don't even know who he/she is. It is getting annoying.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stupid experiment. If they had chosen a 100 people who are qualified and all of them turned it down, perhaps a case can be made.
So what if you offer $5k per month? I am more interested how much per hour; Is it $32 an hour or $10 an hour?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
This "experiment" is flawed.

If they offered $5k rubbish collector job to Singaporean factory workers, delivery boys and even those uncles and aunties cleaning the toilets or wiping hawker tables, I am sure the job will be snapped up in a heartbeat.

But in this "experiment", they called up Singaporean undergraduates and graduates who are aspiring to corporate jobs with a bright future. The rubbish collector job won't look good on their CV and their career thus ends there and then.

I am surprised that many people cannot see the flaw of this "experiment".

Contrary to perceptions, Singapore is not uniformly English-speaking, poly (or higher) graduates, PMET-minded people. There are tons of people in Singapore who would not look or feel out of place with a ghetto in Hong Kong.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This "experiment" is flawed.
If they offered $5k rubbish collector job to Singaporean factory workers, delivery boys and even those uncles and aunties cleaning the toilets or wiping hawker tables, I am sure the job will be snapped up in a heartbeat.
But in this "experiment", they called up Singaporean undergraduates and graduates who are aspiring to corporate jobs
Contrary to perceptions, Singapore is not uniformly English-speaking, poly (or higher) graduates, PMET-minded people. There are tons of people in Singapore who would not look or feel out of place with a ghetto in Hong Kong.
Dumb, who they are trying to fool? Draw a parallel to that 3k dish washer offer (includes long hours, OT) :cool: