• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Singapore Is A Sinking Ship Under LHL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Tell me about it I was one of those who was part of LKY's grand scheme.

I also have to point out that I was being paid a measly $900 pm while my counterpart in the US doing the same job started on USD65,000 per annum.

The economy grew 6% or more because we were starting from from a very low base.

As the economy grew Sinkies became more and more greedy and started demanding astronomical salaries while at the same time were unwilling to put in the hard yards.

If Singapore is having problems now it is hardly the PAP's fault. It is the fault of the citizens themselves.

Yet more revisionists bullshit from the nut jobs here. Don't talk shit here. Sinkies demanding more salaries is not greedy, dumbshit. Ask yourself why. From having to pay $10-15K for a HDB flat, then, $150K plus, and today $400K-$700K, what are they supposed to do? Keep quiet and not ask for more salary? The PAP has jacked up the cost of living on all fronts. But sinkies asking for more money to counter this is considered greedy? What shit is this? U yourself say FT doing the same job gets paid much more then a local. But when the local ask for more money, he is greedy in your eyes. When they see their own leaders pay themselves astronomical wages more then the rest of the world leaders, they are supposed to not follow their leaders and ask for more money? By the way, your theory of sinkies not putting in the long yards does not jive with the facts. The fact is sinkies work some of the longest hours in the world. Everyone knows this.

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-on-the-web/singapore-workers-put-in-long-hours

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yet more revisionists bullshit from the nut jobs here. Don't talk shit here. Sinkies demanding more salaries is not greedy, dumbshit. Ask yourself why. From having to pay $10-15K for a HDB flat, then, $150K plus, and today $400K-$700K, what are they supposed to do? Keep quiet and not ask for more salary? The PAP has jacked up the cost of living on all fronts. But sinkies asking for more money to counter this is considered greedy? What shit is this? U yourself say FT doing the same job gets paid much more then a local. But when the local ask for more money, he is greedy in your eyes. When they see their own leaders pay themselves astronomical wages more then the rest of the world leaders, they are supposed to not follow their leaders and ask for more money? By the way, your theory of sinkies not putting in the long yards does not jive with the facts. The fact is sinkies work some of the longest hours in the world. Everyone knows this.

http://www.straitstimes.com/forum/letters-on-the-web/singapore-workers-put-in-long-hours

Asking for more money is fine if there is a corresponding increase in productivity. However sinkies believe that they are entitled to more and more while doing less and less.

Just because they put in long hours does not mean they are actually working. Most of them spend hours in internet forums instead of helping the company that is paying them make more money.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Asking for more money is fine if there is a corresponding increase in productivity. However sinkies believe that they are entitled to more and more while doing less and less.

Just because they put in long hours does not mean they are actually working. Most of them spend hours in internet forums instead of helping the company that is paying them make more money.

Asking for more money and doing less is the exact thing that the PAP leadership is doing. So, its ok for gay loong and his minister to get more money for less work but you begrudge ordinary singaporeans from this?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Asking for more money and doing less is the exact thing that the PAP leadership is doing. So, its ok for gay loong and his minister to get more money for less work but you begrudge ordinary singaporeans from this?

The PAP leadership may be putting in less hours but they have raised their productivity considerably.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The PAP leadership may be putting in less hours but they have raised their productivity considerably.

This is based on what? Hearsay? The PAP leadership has never revealed their KPI to us for us to see if their own productivity is raised or not.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
roy should count himself lucky, if given me, i will execute him by firing squad! amos, is just a lad looking for trouble. he is nutscase, choy hoi tou sor!

Don't siam the question, you said in your earlier post:

sinkies are a lucky bunch! under pm lee, you can smear him jiak lat jiak lat and nothing happen to you.

I bring up amos and roy and you call them names. Did anything happen to them under PM Lee or not? Simple yes or not answer will suffice.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
ask for more money to match inflation of housing, food and CPI. Has nothing to do with productivity. What is productivity in this age of technology?

If not asking for more money I worry.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. LHL want to get paid same as private sector CEO.

Tell it Trump or match him to Trump to see this incompetent LHL can create same Trump dynasty.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. LHL want to get paid same as private sector CEO.

Tell it Trump or match him to Trump to see this incompetent LHL can create same Trump dynasty.

Ah loong said he needs to match his ministers and his pay with ceo so that when they go meetings they have controls.
While I was still working in mid mgt role, I used ah loong words to ask my boss to match my pay with those mgrs from other companies, my boss replied. .. "you siao ah" :*:

During the time when ah loong said this, someone should highlight to him that in a soccer team, star players are getting much money than their coaches and managers.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If you calculate the GDP per minister you'll see just what a wonderful job the PAP has done to increase the productivity of the cabinet many times over.

This proves that the PAP is capable of growing the economy without having to grow the size of the cabinet.

Attachments

• Annual-GDP.jpg
    Annual-GDP.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 286

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you calculate the GDP per minister you'll see just what a wonderful job the PAP has done to increase the productivity of the cabinet many times over.

This proves that the PAP is capable of growing the economy without having to grow the size of the cabinet.

I have calculated the GDP per minister, and once again, your stats are shits. Stop fucking sheeps, its seriously damaging your brain. according to your chart, in 1997, the GDP was $150 billion. Coincidentally, in that year Wooden won the GE and formed his cabinet which comprised of 15 members, including DPMs Tony Tan and gay Loong. This includes all the Ministers, DPMs, Minister of state, etc. That works out exactly to $10 billion per cabinet member per GDP.

Today, according to your chart, the GDP is $350 billion but there are now 43 members of Cabinet. Including 6 members just in the PMO. This equates to only around $8 billion per cabinet member per GDP. Hardly productive if you ask me, especially since this lot draws a salary several time what the 1997 cabinet earned.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have calculated the GDP per minister, and once again, your stats are shits. Stop fucking sheeps, its seriously damaging your brain. according to your chart, in 1997, the GDP was $150 billion. Coincidentally, in that year Wooden won the GE and formed his cabinet which comprised of 15 members, including DPMs Tony Tan and gay Loong. This includes all the Ministers, DPMs, Minister of state, etc. That works out exactly to $10 billion per cabinet member per GDP.

Today, according to your chart, the GDP is $350 billion but there are now 43 members of Cabinet. Including 6 members just in the PMO. This equates to only around $8 billion per cabinet member per GDP. Hardly productive if you ask me, especially since this lot draws a salary several time what the 1997 cabinet earned.

$8B present value is much smaller than $10B in past (1997) value. So you are right and Sam is dead wrong

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
$8B present value is much smaller than $10B in past (1997) value. So you are right and Sam is dead wrong

U are absolutely right, according to the MAS's own inflation calculator, the $150 billion in 1997 would have been $201.62 billion today, just due to inflation. I suspect this number is really closer to $250 billion as MAS always understates inflation. But lets say for argument's sake that we use their number, then the real actual growth in GDP from 1997 to 2015 is $350 billion minus $201.62 = $148.385 billion. To achieve this extra $148.385 billion, the PAP had to add an additional 43-15= 28 cabinet members. An increment of 28 cabinet members added $148.385 billion to the GDP for an average of only $5.3 billion per cabinet member per GDP. I would say this is a sharp decline in productivity among the cabinet members instead of an increase as Sam claims.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
U are absolutely right, according to the MAS's own inflation calculator, the $150 billion in 1997 would have been $201.62 billion today, just due to inflation. I suspect this number is really closer to $250 billion as MAS always understates inflation. But lets say for argument's sake that we use their number, then the real actual growth in GDP from 1997 to 2015 is $350 billion minus $201.62 = $148.385 billion. To achieve this extra $148.385 billion, the PAP had to add an additional 43-15= 28 cabinet members. An increment of 28 cabinet members added $148.385 billion to the GDP for an average of only $5.3 billion per cabinet member per GDP. I would say this is a sharp decline in productivity among the cabinet members instead of an increase as Sam claims.

You are right. Under LKY, it was common to see one minister holding two portfolios. Now, under LHL, we have two ministers in one portfolio eg LHK and Isawaran in MTI and OYK and NCH in Education.

Having two ministers in one portfolio is expensive and not efficient. Bad productivity.

Sam doesnt know what he is talking