• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sim Lim sales guy hurls 4-letter word at shopper when asked about Galaxy Note II

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Sim LIm ah beng seller is properly a gay iphone user.

When ask about a manly samsung note 2, he feel overwhemed by the manliness of the whole request and he just couldn't take it.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some places to avoid when buying mobile phone.

1. SLS
2. Chinatown
3. Lucky plaza
4. ?

any bros wanna add on?

After so many bad review and news for years. There still so many idiot going there to buy!
Buy phone should go the direct telco(Singtel/M1/Starhub direct under the telco not agent)>>> is the best place to buy phone no others place then telco.
Buy PC/laptop/tablet do some home work(search for info on net, ask friend.................... never never trust sales person>>just heard what sale said and dont jump into trap).

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
More than 10 years ago I went to SlS with my kid brother to look at the Playstation. I remember the first storey there was this shop, an ah beng sales staff said to me " what you stare" . We were only browsing the games from outside the store. That was the last time I went there. Now SlS is like a dead place, thats what I heard.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was also one time I send my Nikon SLR to service centre. There was also an ang mor women and her young daughter there for the same reason. A lady came out of the office and told the Ang mor lady that her 2k nikon was a fake. The ang mor lady became angry and blamed her dumb husband for it. The sale s staff asked her where she bought it and she said her husband bought it at Lucky Plaza. Since than I have never step into Lucky Plaza. The place also stinks with fish sauce and have thugs for sales staff. Fuck all these places to hell.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The general rule is never to buy from shops on level 1-3. I usually get my accessories from level 4-5 and only after comparing different shops. For example, my ipad VGA cable, I found different prices ranging from $25 to $38. In the end, I settled for the shop selling $28 as the PRC chick was wearing a blouse that had a big slit at the armpits. I made her do the screen protector for my ipad and had a good 10 minutes enjoying the show :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
More than 10 years ago I went to SlS with my kid brother to look at the Playstation. I remember the first storey there was this shop, an ah beng sales staff said to me " what you stare" . We were only browsing the games from outside the store. That was the last time I went there. Now SlS is like a dead place, thats what I heard.

It is still buzzing with idiots and PRC hunters :biggrin:

I like to get cheap assessories there but never the expensive stuffs. Better to pay more for the authorised resellers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After so many bad review and news for years. There still so many idiot going there to buy!
Buy phone should go the direct telco(Singtel/M1/Starhub direct under the telco not agent)>>> is the best place to buy phone no others place then telco.
Buy PC/laptop/tablet do some home work(search for info on net, ask friend.................... never never trust sales person>>just heard what sale said and dont jump into trap).
Quite a few are tourists and i think telcos do not sell handsets without contracts......
Stomping or cyber kpkb about bad experiences in SLS is futile.......you cant shame those bengs.....they only understand the fist......so if you want to shop there then prepare to get into a fight.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
If sinkees boycott shops at Sim Lim, these shops will improve their customer service. But sinkees like to be kicked. So, they deserve the bad service.

Despite being abused, Sinkees will continue to go driven by their "looking for a bargain mentality". Their attitude is that they will not go to an established shop, say, in Funan, because they expect to get the same gadget 20-30% cheaper at SLS. The same mentality leads to tens of thousands flocking the annual PC show at Suntec. All this is supposed to demonstrate cleverness, but it actually belies a cheap and pariah mentality.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Despite being abused, Sinkees will continue to go driven by their "looking for a bargain mentality". Their attitude is that they will not go to an established shop, say, in Funan, because they expect to get the same gadget 20-30% cheaper at SLS. The same mentality leads to tens of thousands flocking the annual PC show at Suntec. All this is supposed to demonstrate cleverness, but it actually belies a cheap and pariah mentality.

Another phrase for that is "sinkie mentality"

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yea, you said it right.

Which is why many Sinkie just stays as a cheap skate and live like one despite their very best to look ' glamorous and rich'

Which on the surface looks nice but deep down inside is ugly.

They want to stay 'up to fashion' but do not want to pay for it.

They would be a winner all round if they had opted to stay and live a simple life without the demands to keep up with the Jones and in their obsession for a need to keep up with the trends, is what their PAP Master uses as tool to screw them up side down.:biggrin:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone who did NS should be used to the word "Fuck" as it is used in every sentence. This guy is a wimp, just fuck the fellow back lah.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The legendary Sinkie gian png, 'penny wise, pound foolish' mentality.

That is why NTUC Fairprice is doing so well. Many of them are NTUC LinkPoint whores.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The general rule is never to buy from shops on level 1-3. I usually get my accessories from level 4-5 and only after comparing different shops. For example, my ipad VGA cable, I found different prices ranging from $25 to $38. In the end, I settled for the shop selling $28 as the PRC chick was wearing a blouse that had a big slit at the armpits. I made her do the screen protector for my ipad and had a good 10 minutes enjoying the show :biggrin:

exception will be alan photo on level 1. I also like a cables and adaptor shop on top floor. Managed by ah nehs, selling almost all the range of adaptor cables at the cheapest rate in town. Can even ask them to test before buying.

Anyway don't understand why people want to be bothered about rude salesmen. Just take your business away lor. Take pity on these scums of the society (not talking about all sales people, only those rude ones). Maybe he is rude because his changi resort rotan scar is bleeding and painful mah.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quite a few are tourists and i think telcos do not sell handsets without contracts......
Stomping or cyber kpkb about bad experiences in SLS is futile.......you cant shame those bengs.....they only understand the fist......so if you want to shop there then prepare to get into a fight.

Why consumer not willing to sign contract with telco?
Every 12 month can upgrade with $100 discount on handset base on market price or even lower. Since phone also need line. For tourist I understand they will bring back the phone. But for local really something wrong.
For 15 year I only buy phone from direct Telco shop.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng noted sim lim square is a paikia territory mah not surprising lah. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every 12 month can upgrade with $100 discount on handset base on market price or even lower. Since phone also need line. For tourist I understand they will bring back the phone. But for local really something wrong.
know of a few chaps would use hi cards.....their reasons

1) control spending (overblown bill)
2) smelly record (already owed outstanding bill to all 3 telcos)
3) change numbers w/o hassle (why need to change numbers your guess as good as mine)
4) hi card if lost phone no risk of fraudulent calls chalking up huge sums

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I buy prepaid cards for my kids. Can better control costs and no need to pay fixed monthly fees if usage is low.

I have been buying phones from 3rd parties (mobile square and moby). Have also bought via private deals on forums because singtel contract has yet to expire. Just make sure have local warranties and receipt. So far no problems in warranty claims.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

armpit got hair anot?? :eek::p which level?? got time i also wanna go jalan jalan and beo :biggrin::o