• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should lee bee wah be sacked?

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sack the manager w/o any investigation just to make some the scagoat

SHould she be sacked?

she should resign as MP for AMK GRC also

also look at her yaya attidude when interview on national TV

Last edited:

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a grave mistake to invite LBW as president. And now, Poor Ser Luck has to clean her shit when he cited the GM still might able to retain his position.

MIWs keep saying opps want to oppose for the sake of opposing. How about Shit Bee Wah? Just becos being a new president so die die must make changes? She is obviously barking on the wrong tree. :rolleyes:

seeyourhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anthony Lee was called "high performance manager" days back?

sounds like Perez's sacking vicent del bosque the winning manager, except the president had at least left his mark with the galactico policy and la liga title

ah bee has won nuthing yet

yes, n better still if her departure can be more humiliating than the manager's

holeinone6666

This a a very unkind & cruel decision; and the timing could not be worse. If we just look at the recent media coverage on the success of the table-tennis team, we can see that many Singaporeans are happy & proud of the team's achievements. If the incident of an absence of a coach is the reason, it is very sad to see an MP making such a decision. A matured person, let alone an MP, will be able to see the big picture clearly and not to mix the two incidents; on the one hand, a success on its own merit and the other an incident which has its own and separate reasons. You cannot mix the two. The team manager and coach have worked very hard for years to achieve this success. Which team does not have any problem? And, as I said earlier, the timing couldn't be worse. At worst, let the team return to Singapore & enjoy the success; then, communicate with the team manager & coach and discuss whatever issues are troubling the Association. Always listen to the other side of the story. Anyway, this is typical of the high-handed attitude of some members of our government. A very sad day for Singapore sports, indeed!!! Yes, in fact, Lee Bee Wah ought to be sacked.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on Shit Bee Wah's analogy, all officers of AMK's town council shd be sacked since they merely got 66.6% when they challenged by WP's sucide team.

Before the last GE, some ppl thought Shit Bee Wah was a high flyer as a new candidate since she was seen walking very close with PM Loong before and during the GE2006 campaign. 2 yrs on, the truth is out. Shit Bee Wah is merely a grassroot MP with no depth and shit in the parliament during a debate with WP Sylvia Lim, and she thought she is very humor. I still remember she asked a very good qn: how many ppl had died in the reservoir so far.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this the foul sheet CB woman who spouted toilet vulgarities in Hokkien in Parliament & thinks she damn smart? If she is, yes she should be sacked & also have her shitty mouth washed in detergent & then dunk her head in the WC with shit there of course to eat her own shit!

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err...

Simi dai ji?

OUT
Singapore's table tennis team manager told to leave
Fate of head coach also hangs in the balance in shock move by STTA chief
By Peh Shing Huei, Senior Correspondent

Paddler Li Jiawei with manager Antony Lee at Peking University Gymnasium last Sunday. -- ST PHOTO: CHUA CHIN HON

View more photos

Beijing - Barely a week after helping Singapore win an Olympic silver medal, the country's table tennis team manager has been told he is no longer needed.
The head coach's fate also hangs in the balance, with a committee due to deliberate on his future.

Let new STTA team decide
'It is best that the manager is chosen by them. Antony is welcome to apply for the position when we ask for applications.'
MS LEE BEE WAH, Singapore Table Tennis Association president
Shocked by the decision
'I'm shocked at the timing as well as the manner in which this decision has been made.'
MR NG SER MIANG, Singapore's IOC member
Why the shake-up?
'We have just won a silver medal. Why change now? We have not failed.'
MR LIU GUODONG, head coach
Decision is baffling
'I find it funny that after we achieved the greatest success in 48 years, I am no longer needed. It is baffling.'
MR ANTONY LEE, the Singapore table tennis team manager
Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) president Lee Bee Wah told The Sunday Times yesterday that the services of team manager Antony Lee are not needed anymore.

The shock move, which some view as not only too rash but also harsh, is sure to put a dampener on the team's scheduled celebrations when they arrive back in Singapore tomorrow. Mr Lee will return to the Singapore Sports Council, where he was seconded from.

Ms Lee, who took over as STTA president last month, her first foray into sports, said: 'I have a new team and will have a new CEO and technical director. It is best that the manager is chosen by them. Antony is welcome to apply for the position when we ask for applications.'

But a clearly upset Mr Lee, 39, did not take kindly to the news.

'I find it funny that after we achieved the greatest success in 48 years, I am no longer needed. It is baffling,' he said, close to tears, yesterday.

The silver - won by the women's team of Li Jiawei, Wang Yuegu and Feng Tianwei - was Singapore's first since 1960.

'I'm surprised she did not tell me directly. That would be the courteous thing to do. I have to hear this from third parties. After doing so much for Singapore, I deserve a little respect,' he said.

Ms Lee, an engineer who is also an MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, had said last Thursday that Mr Lee and the team's head coach Liu Guodong should be responsible for the 'Gao Ning incident' at the Games.

Gao, Singapore's top men's table tennis player ranked 12th in the world, had to play without a coach on courtside. He crashed 0-4 to unheralded Tan Ruiwu of Croatia in the first round.

His coach Zu Haining had to take care of another player, Yang Zi. Yang's coach Chen Jian had fallen ill.

Ms Lee had questioned why the Singapore team, with four coaches in Beijing, could not spare one for Gao. She added that action should be taken against those who had 'neglected their duties'.

But asked last night at a Team Singapore reception here if this was the reason for Mr Lee's departure, she said it was not and that she just wanted to 'let the matter rest'.

Mr Lee had explained that the two remaining coaches - head coach Liu and Mr Zhang Yong - had to remain in the Athletes' Village to help Li and Feng prepare for their quarter-final matches.

In his riposte to Ms Lee last night, Mr Lee said: 'She said we were responsible without even asking for our explanations.' As for the fate of Mr Liu, Ms Lee said it would be decided by an STTA 'coaching committee'.

China-born Liu, 34, who has been with the Singapore national team since 2006, told The Sunday Times: 'I hope Ms Lee can help the coaches to get Singapore another great result at the 2012 Olympics and not let all this that we have built go. Even if she wants to, I think Singaporeans won't agree.

'It is very hard to climb up. But it is very easy to fall. I want to defend our medal in London. I am 100 per cent confident that we can get a medal again.'

He said repeatedly that Singapore has achieved a breakthrough and should not change the team now.

'We have a great organisation, a great manager, great coaches and players. We have just won a silver medal. Why change now? We have not failed. The manager should not leave.'

Ms Lee had a private meeting with the seven players - four women and three men - yesterday afternoon, without inviting any officials.

Asked what was discussed, Ms Lee said she assured the players of full support going forward, and that some decisions to be taken would affect them.

When contacted, team captain Li declined to comment, saying only that any decisions made will be by the association and not the players.

But a source told The Sunday Times that Ms Lee informed the players that some officials would be removed.

Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Community Development, Youth and Sports Teo Ser Luck said that there is a chance Mr Lee can still stay in STTA.

'If he wants to stay, he can discuss with the new management council of STTA. I am sure they will be willing to discuss,' he said last night.

Project 0812 chairman Ng Ser Miang said he was 'shocked at the timing as well as the manner in which this decision had been made'. Project 0812 is the elite athlete programme started in 2006 to help Singapore win medals at both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics.

He said that Mr Lee had been an integral part of the team's success, playing a crucial role in helping to maintain team dynamics.

He said: 'We've been receiving congratulatory messages from all quarters. This is a medal which has brought many Singaporeans together, cheering for one cause.

'Now is the time to be celebrating the accomplishments of the team, from the players, the coaches, to those who have played quiet roles in the background.

'I'm quite puzzled as to how a decision like that can be made by the STTA president, who has been in office for just over a month.'

[email protected]

What do you make of these developments? E-mail [email protected]

Should the Singapore table tennis team manager's services be retained? Log on to straitstimes.com to vote.

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can have the WHOLE Singapore at Beijing at this Gao Ning will still lose to that "Croat" :mad::mad::mad:

JWNY

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Gao, Singapore's top men's table tennis player ranked 12th in the world...crashed 0-4 to unheralded Tan Ruiwu of Croatia in the first round.

Time to activate Gao for RT :mad:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah man let's sexed her up. Maybe it'll make her a bit more relaxed.

Come on Spore men! You can do it!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ms Lee, who took over as STTA president last month, her first foray into sports, said: 'I have a new team and will have a new CEO and technical director ...'
if ze team goes down after tis, evrybody noes who is totally responsible ... :cool:

But a clearly upset Mr Lee, 39, did not take kindly to the news.
'I find it funny that after we achieved the greatest success in 48 years, I am no longer needed. It is baffling,' he said, close to tears, yesterday.

'I'm surprised she did not tell me directly. That would be the courteous thing to do. I have to hear this from third parties. After doing so much for Singapore, I deserve a little respect,' he said.
can oni symphatise wif u, 2 bad when u hv tis kind of boss ... :(

China-born Liu, 34, who has been with the Singapore national team since 2006, told The Sunday Times: ...
'We have a great organisation, a great manager, great coaches and players. We have just won a silver medal. Why change now? We have not failed. The manager should not leave.'
notice dat he mentioned so many gr8's ... but no mention of president ... :biggrin: ... true 2 ze pt ...

Project 0812 chairman Ng Ser Miang said he was 'shocked at the timing as well as the manner in which this decision had been made'. Project 0812 is the elite athlete programme started in 2006 to help Singapore win medals at both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics.

'I'm quite puzzled as to how a decision like that can be made by the STTA president, who has been in office for just over a month.'
wrong choice 4 president? ...

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole issue is start by this farking FT Gao ning
Cannot play than blame on the coach not around
Look at the attitude of the 3 men player when they play in the term event
b4 he play the crot
I already know he will lost
No wonder the coach dont even want to turn up

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, the decision has been very consistent leh. Typical people in power control over the scapegoats.

Scenario : some screw up at the ground level. Investigation (or maybe just a questionnaire approach or talking to side-ppl - as in players), then came the highest level person (Ministers or chairman) that is somehow at the top of the same organisation hierarchy this high level person decide who to be punished/sacked (everybody except themself). Then give some idiotic reasons, let's move on and case close (at least trying to close).

I recall faintly a very similar incident recently until now still not able to have closure, at least by general public.

Anyone can recall and update on that case and if it is similar to this one ?

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the girls won,she will take photos with them.
she was there also,so she should have done something or send another coach to be at the player side during the match.

but she is good,she pushes/taiji all to the manager and poor guy,he is sacked.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the girls won,she will take photos with them.
she was there also,so she should have done something or send another coach to be at the player side during the match.

but she is good,she pushes/taiji all to the manager and poor guy,he is sacked.

Shit Bee Wah was busying waving the flag and then realized there wasn't any coach at the bench. I thought she shd know and oversee what's going on before entering the court? It's obvious that nobody bother to inform her.