• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

should lee bee wah be sacked?

sage

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why sack a worker Bee. Attention deflected. Sports minister now spared? Ppl not calling his resignation for missing manager/coach.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
This a a very unkind & cruel decision; and the timing could not be worse. If we just look at the recent media coverage on the success of the table-tennis team, we can see that many Singaporeans are happy & proud of the team's achievements. If the incident of an absence of a coach is the reason, it is very sad to see an MP making such a decision. A matured person, let alone an MP, will be able to see the big picture clearly and not to mix the two incidents; on the one hand, a success on its own merit and the other an incident which has its own and separate reasons. You cannot mix the two. The team manager and coach have worked very hard for years to achieve this success. Which team does not have any problem? And, as I said earlier, the timing couldn't be worse. At worst, let the team return to Singapore & enjoy the success; then, communicate with the team manager & coach and discuss whatever issues are troubling the Association. Always listen to the other side of the story. Anyway, this is typical of the high-handed attitude of some members of our government. A very sad day for Singapore sports, indeed!!! Yes, in fact, Lee Bee Wah ought to be sacked.

Bro, I agreed with everything you said. You are a wise man, with high EQ level, at least higher than LEE BEE WAH.

Of all time, this LEE BEE WAH chose this time to sack the manager & head coach just when the nation is going to celebrate the silver medal achievement with the team. This goes to show that this LEE BEE WAH is trying to 'SHOW OFF' her power after becoming the president of STTA barely a month. She should not have commented in the media when the team is still competing in the olympics. She should conduct a thorough investigation first & discuss this internally upon their return. Is this how the govt treat the manager & head coach just b'cos there was no coach at Gao Ning game, despite them bringing a long-awaited silver medal to Singapore? This is wrong, man!!!!

I really pity PM Lee Hsien Loong for having such an 'unqualified' MP in his AMK GRC. It is a shame & disgrace. Being a MP, you must be popular, not notorious. Her character & attitude is really questionable. I really hope she does NOT stay long as a MP. The sooner she leave, the better is for the PAP party.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... Of all time, this LEE BEE WAH chose this time to sack the manager & head coach just when the nation is going to celebrate the silver medal achievement with the team. This goes to show that this LEE BEE WAH is trying to 'SHOW OFF' her power after becoming the president of STTA barely a month. She should not have commented in the media when the team is still competing in the olympics. She should conduct a thorough investigation first & discuss this internally upon their return. Is this how the govt treat the manager & head coach just b'cos there was no coach at Gao Ning game, despite them bringing a long-awaited silver medal to Singapore? This is wrong, man!!!!

I really pity PM Lee Hsien Loong for having such an 'unqualified' MP in his AMK GRC. It is a shame & disgrace. Being a MP, you must be popular, not notorious. Her character & attitude is really questionable. I really hope she does NOT stay long
as a MP. The sooner she leave, the better is for the PAP party.

Singaporeans have all this while been told all PAP candidates have gone through stringent selection exercise. They have gone through one tea party after another. What do we get now..? People with this type of calibre and mentality could also get selected.. What a joke..?

Remember the woman MP who washed her hands immediately after shaking hands with a fish monger and consequently lost her ward to Ling How Doong?

These 2 women have something in common - they may have the requisite paper qualification to get themselves seen, but what they lack is common sense and common touch..

Agreed. She should get a sack first.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this the same lee bee wah who speak hokkien in parliament trying act as though can connect with the masses?

I say EQ very low man!

Isayso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, this is the act tough mp who said want to pang sai then build toilet in parliament. Totally disgusting....

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of all sports, Singpaore picked Table Tennis to cultivate when there is China dominating the sport in every area.

Look at Denmark, with a population of 5.4m, which is not much different from Singapore, already has a winner in table tennis by the name of Michael Maze.

Michael Maze

We interview one of the most talented players in the world, Michael Maze from Denmark, who is considered to have one of the best ball feelings in the world. He has been able to win points against top Chinese players lobbing, especially proved during the 2005 World Championships in Shanghai where he finished third in men's singles which resulted in him being selected as Denmark's Sportsman of the Year in 2005. Maze won a bronze medal in the 2004 Athens Olympics in men's doubles with Finn Tugwell. Denmark won the European Championships in team in 2005 at home in Denmark which was the country's first major title. This year, he won a bronze medal in singles at the European Championships. He lives in Denmark's capital, Copenhagen, and practices together with top Danish and Swedish players.

michaelmazejumping.jpg

MICHAEL MAZE IS PICTURED HERE CELEBRATING HIS QUARTERFINAL VICTORY OVER HAO SHUAI AT THE 2005 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN SHANGHAI, CHINA WHEN HE WAS DOWN 3-0, 10-7 BUT CAME BACK TO WIN THE MATCH.

NorCal Table Tennis: Has table-tennis become more popular in Denmark with the recent results?

Michael Maze: It is one of the top 3-4 biggest sports in Denmark along with soccer and handball. When we won the European Championships at home in Denmark, there was a 25% increase in the number of players which is quite a lot considering it's only one year.

NorCal Table Tennis: Do you consider the 2005 World Championships bronze in men's singles to be your best accomplishment?

Michael Maze: Yes, the World Championships is the World Championships and it was played in China.

NorCal Table Tennis: What was going through your mind when you were down 3-0 in games and 10-7 in the fourth game in the quarterfinals against Hao Shuai?

Michael Maze: I was fighting until the end and not thinking too much. I wasn't thinking about winning the match but just one set.

NorCal Table Tennis: What club do you currently play for?

Michael Maze: I play for Levallois in Paris along with Peter Karlsson from Sweden and Damien Eloi from France.

NorCal Table Tennis: How much do you train?

Michael Maze: If there are no tournaments, I train twice/daily. Before tournaments, I train twice/daily or once on the table and one physical training session.

NorCal Table Tennis: In Denmark, do corporate sponsors or the government provide the funds?

Michael Maze: The money comes mainly from the government. There is "Team Denmark," which gets money from the government and they decide how much goes to soccer, how much to table-tennis, etc.

NorCal Table Tennis: What goals do you have?

Michael Maze: Now I have won medals at all major tournaments so now would like to improve on the type of medal. I would like to win gold, especially in singles.

NorCal Table Tennis: What do you hope for when you play Pro Tours?

Michael Maze: I hope to have a good world ranking, especially as January 1 nears, as that's when the World Ranking that counts for automatic qualification for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The top 20 players in the world automatically qualify and only two per country can be automatically qualified so only two Chinese count with the other Chinese players taken out from the world rankings when seeing who automatically qualifies. Roughly, the top 30 ranked players in the world will automatically qualify.

NorCal Table Tennis: What is your goal for the China Open?

Michael Maze: I haven't played tournaments for a while because of injuries so am just excited to get on the table again and hopefully, I can have a good result. (He lost in the final 32 to Cheung Yuk of Hong Kong)

NorCal Table Tennis: Do you get recognized in Denmark when you walk down the street?

Michael Maze: Not by everyone but yes, I get recognized.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Bee Wah's decision is surely too rash. It hurts everyone's feeling, especially the table tennis team and perhaps some fellow Singaporeans. Merely one month into her job, she shouldn't attempt to exercise her authority so abruptly. Instead, she should focus on understanding and winning the team over, and sustaining the winning momentum. By removing the manager and possibly the head coach, she is taking a very big step backwards. In my opinion, it is an unwise move. And certainly a poor start for her and a sad chapter for Singapore table tennie.

Even if some higher people steps-in to reverse her decision (i.e. keeping the manager and had coach in their job), damage has been done. I wonder then how will she be able to perform her job well when 2 of the closest people she needs to work with are the ones she attempted to sack.

After this incident, Singapore table tennis will likely go down hill.

Last edited:

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
SHould she be sacked?

she should resign as MP for AMK GRC also

also look at her yaya attidude when interview on national TV

Yes. That's the obvious choice.

Instead of removing the team manager and the coach as suggested by her, one simple solution to end the episode is to have her removed.

After all, she has been with the organisation for slightly more than a month and has no contribution what so ever. She is not needed in the STTA and also not needed in AMK.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Bee Wah's decision is surely too rash. It hurts everyone's feeling, especially the table tennis team and perhaps some fellow Singaporeans.

It's more than just hurting sensibilities. No one should simply fire anyone for no valid reasons other than make the new management comfortable, especially when the affected staff is performing. I thot S'pore is run based on the rule of law and not whim and fancy?

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all, she has been with the organisation for slightly more than a month and has no contribution what so ever. She is not needed in the STTA and also not needed in AMK.

Is this PAP style, put someone who knows absolutely nuts about the sport to head the organisation and who proceeds to overturn the heaven and earth?

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this PAP style, put someone who knows absolutely nuts about the sport to head the organisation and who proceeds to overturn the heaven and earth?

Read the papers today, & this 'Lee Bee Wah' is saying that the decision to sack the manager & coach was not b'cos of the 'Gao Ning' game. But then, she is the one who remarked heads will roll, after the 'Gao Ning' game. She is contradicting herself man.

Govt should step in right now, do an investigation & clarify the matter to the public. Otherwise this will affect PAP's image. Someone must say something!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Absolutely!!!

What has LBW won or contributed to the table tennis fratenity?
LBW is telling Antony Lee how to do his job. Antony should remind LBW that he didnt tell her how to run her job.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sack the manager w/o any investigation just to make some the scagoat

SHould she be sacked?

she should resign as MP for AMK GRC also

also look at her yaya attidude when interview on national TV

Should LBW get sacked?

I only hope that this type of woman who suck up to the upper don't get into Parly-men....we already have enough of female shit residing inside the House as of current moment!:biggrin: