• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanmugam has spoken. You PMA bastards better watch out.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
People don't know how to use cars either which is why scores of people die weekly on the streets of Singapore. Perhaps we should start with the education of motorists which are the primary source of danger. PMDs/PMAs don't even figure in the road death statistics. No pedestrian has ever been killed by a PMD. The last PMD related death was between a PMD and a cyclist.
At least motorists are licensed to operate their vehicles and are insured. In any given situation, humans are always the variable. Hence, education and law enforcement can only do that much. More education and regulations are needed to manage this PMA/PMD/E-bike menace.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
First start creating 1/2 lane for bicycle, pmd& motorbike..don't divide the people & blame each road users. just regulate speed especially during peak hours. We don't get so much issues when bicycle using pedestrian paths. Now the speed of these bicycle on the path & road is the problem. These PMD & bicycles are not meant for competition. Just being used to move around neighborhood.
Totally agree. PMAs/PMDs/E-bikes are not the problem per se. It's the user operator. More education and regulations are needed to manage them. For their own safety and for the safety of others.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
At least motorists are licensed to operate their vehicles and are insured. In any given situation, humans are always the variable. Hence, education and law enforcement can only do that much. More education and regulations are needed to manage this PMA/PMD/E-bike menace.

If your loved ones are killed by a licensed and insured driver let's see whether this will provide any comfort in your grief. :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If your loved ones are killed by a licensed and insured driver let's see whether this will provide any comfort in your grief. :rolleyes:
That would be tragic. But less so for those "loved ones" I despise. Like I said, despite the laws and educations, humans are always the variable. But at least have them in place to regulate.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That would be tragic. But less so for those "loved ones" I despise. Like I said, despite the laws and educations, humans are always the variable. But at least have them in place to regulate.

Since we know that humans are the main variable it would be best if they used bicycles and PMDs for most of their commutes. Even without insurance and licensing the injuries would be far less severe and deaths would plunge simply because the laws of physics says so.

The true horror of what happens when licensed and insured drivers are turned loose on the streets.

PMDs, ebikes and PMAs are the least of anyone's problems in ANY country.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Since we know that humans are the main variable it would be best if they used bicycles and PMDs for most of their commutes. Even without insurance and licensing the injuries would be far less severe and deaths would plunge simply because the laws of physics says so.

The true horror of what happens when licensed and insured drivers are turned loose on the streets.

PMDs, ebikes and PMAs are the least of anyone's problems in ANY country.
I get what you're saying. But whether we like it or not, cars, PMDs etc are all here to stay. Some have a higher propensity to inflict serious injuries/deaths as compared to others. So, throughout this spectrum, there needs to be regulations which coincide with that vehicle's ability to maim and kill if not operated properly and carefully.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I get what you're saying. But whether we like it or not, cars, PMDs etc are all here to stay. Some have a higher propensity to inflict serious injuries/deaths as compared to others. So, throughout this spectrum, there needs to be regulations which coincide with that vehicle's ability to maim and kill if not operated properly and carefully.
Like I said, charging the battery caused more accidents than travelling.