• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shanmugam has spoken. You PMA bastards better watch out.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trend of pmd abuse started to get worse with gov/food delivery companies encouraging the disabled to deliver food.
Fuck man, we don't eat at our luxury at their miserable expense. wah jiak buay loh to ask someone who cannot walk to deliver food to me. To hell with this concept.

jsctan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really barking at the wrong tree.
What's wrong is that there are no provisions for PMA, PMD & all Kenna squeeze into a tight space. Pedestrian, bicycle, scoot....etc. hawker centre so tight spaces. An lah. Give people tight spaces to move. Waiting for accidents to happen.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The trend of pmd abuse started to get worse with gov/food delivery companies encouraging the disabled to deliver food.
Fuck man, we don't eat at our luxury at their miserable expense. wah jiak buay loh to ask someone who cannot walk to deliver food to me. To hell with this concept.

Exactly how are PMDs being "abused". Based upon what I see on youtube and from what I gather from the stats the most abused form of transport is the car. They are allowed to be driven by the blind, used for racing on the road and are invariably driven in a manner which causes massive death and destruction every single year.

Cars the primary cause of traffic deaths. No other mode of transport comes close.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly how are PMDs being "abused". Based upon what I see on youtube and from what I gather from the stats the most abused form of transport is the car. They are allowed to be driven by the blind, used for racing on the road and are invariably driven in a manner which causes massive death and destruction every single year.

Cars the primary cause of traffic deaths. No other mode of transport comes close.

Pmd create problems for street walkers. When they come fast towards the same direction of the walker, and the walker were to switch walking lane without knowing the back oncoming pmd, the injury can be fatal. Walker doesn't have rear mirror with them.
Besides that they hog the lift and mrt space. And also cause fire.

Cars create problems on the road.

Each has their own problems and resolutions as below.

For pmd, restrict it to the said wheelchair kind to serve the required needs of a disabled person.

For cars, issue license only to valid responsible drivers like myself. Then you will get near 0 accident statistics.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

You may ask - How to ensure issuance of license to drivers like me?
Simple. Create a very stringent driving test I.e eg cannot be more than 3-5 demerits points . I got a 0 demerit point for my driver test (not kidding) means perfect.
Hang the balls of testers who fail to comply.
Confiscate the license of drivers who committed serious offence eg drunk driving, beating red lights and not just suspend for a period.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Pmd create problems for street walkers. When they come fast towards the same direction of the walker, and the walker were to switch walking lane without knowing the back oncoming pmd, the injury can be fatal. Walker doesn't have rear mirror with them.
Besides that they hog the lift and mrt space. And also cause fire.

Cars create problems on the road.

Each has their own problems and resolutions as below.

For pmd, restrict it to the said wheelchair kind to serve the required needs of a disabled person.

For cars, issue license only to valid responsible drivers like myself. Then you will get near 0 accident statistics.

The solution is simple. The government made the error by banning PMDs from the streets and confined them to the sidewalks. It should be the other way round. On the road they injure or kill themselves. On the sidewalks their victims are the innocent old ladies.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You may ask - How to ensure issuance of license to drivers like me?
Simple. Create a very stringent driving test I.e eg cannot be more than 3-5 demerits points . I got a 0 demerit point for my driver test (not kidding) means perfect.
Hang the balls of testers who fail to comply.
Confiscate the license of drivers who committed serious offence eg drunk driving, beating red lights and not just suspend for a period.

My point exactly. At the moment the roads are a battle zone and cars are the main culprits. Any enforcement blitz should start with drivers not PMD and PMA riders.

When the driving regime has been overhauled for the better it might then be time to deal with minor issues like PMD/PMA abuse.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The solution is simple. The government made the error by banning PMDs from the streets and confined them to the sidewalks. It should be the other way round. On the road they injure or kill themselves. On the sidewalks their victims are the innocent old ladies.
What kind pmd you referring to? I don't think gov really ban them on the streets.
I'm talking about this kind. They are speeding everywhere where people are walking.
IMG_20240711_131749.jpg

Gov should ban them on anywhere with people walking. Confine them to the roads if they want to have themselves killed.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point exactly. At the moment the roads are a battle zone and cars are the main culprits. Any enforcement blitz should start with drivers not PMD and PMA riders.

When the driving regime has been overhauled for the better it might then be time to deal with minor issues like PMD/PMA abuse.
I might be a faultless and flawless driver with 0 demerit point but I wouldn't want my driving path to be obstructed by your bicycle and pmds.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I might be a faultless and flawless driver with 0 demerit point but I wouldn't want my driving path to be obstructed by your bicycle and pmds.

In congested city streets of Singapore it is the cars that obstruct the bicycles and PMDs. Even in more sparsely populated Auckland I can get to town on my bicycle faster than if I drive.

20160323_st_roadcongestion-2795215249.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What kind pmd you referring to? I don't think gov really ban them on the streets.
I'm talking about this kind. They are speeding everywhere where people are walking.
View attachment 202429

Gov should ban them on anywhere with people walking. Confine them to the roads if they want to have themselves killed.

Those are fine and they can easily co-exist with pedestrian traffic. There loads of those in NZ too and they are often used to evade the Police as they are far more nimble and can go down the side streets to avoid capture.

jsctan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the law not keeping up with PMA/PMD usage? Only handicapped or old people should be allowed to use them. And they need to pass written and practical test firsts. And be insured.

https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/best-news-ever-curb-on-pma-usage.354275/
Why not everyone allowed? It's a great invention supposedly to help everyone reduce cost of living & transportation, not put laws & make it exclusive like cars. Precisely they put laws, catch u & prevent u from using while Taiwan people in chiayi using daily to buy groceries within their neighborhood. No need be handicap to use it. There is separate 1/2 lane for bicycle, motorbike too.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Why not everyone allowed? It's a great invention supposedly to help everyone reduce cost of living & transportation, not put laws & make it exclusive like cars. Precisely they put laws, catch u & prevent u from using while Taiwan people in chiayi using daily to buy groceries within their neighborhood. No need be handicap to use it. There is separate 1/2 lane for bicycle, motorbike too.
Powered personal transportation devices are a great invention. And all people should be allowed to use them. The problem is when people do not know how to use them responsibly and put others at risk. Specifically young able-bodied people who like to speed and dart in and out of people and vehicular traffic. Education is definitely needed to qualify for PMA/PMD ownership in the areas of handling the device and charging the batteries. Motorised devices can cause serious injuries to oneself and others, so insurance needs to be there for protection.

I am against excessive govt regulations, but in this instance I make an exception.

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Powered personal transportation devices are a great invention. And all people should be allowed to use them. The problem is when people do not know how to use them responsibly and put others at risk. Specifically young able-bodied people who like to speed and dart in and out of people and vehicular traffic. Education is definitely needed to qualify for PMA/PMD ownership in the areas of handling the device and charging the batteries. Motorised devices can cause serious injuries to oneself and others, so insurance needs to be there for protection.

I am against excessive govt regulations, but in this instance I make an exception.
absolutely agree.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
absolutely agree.
If only sg has cycling lanes, and walkways are only for people. Then again, will riders use them? Already I have been seeing large groups of bicycles when the law says max five. Even saw groups of PMDs zooming on the roads. Should cane and jail them!