• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Jap bu tourist dulan and made police report after kena charged $938 for 1 chili crab by Seafood Paradise in Sg

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
190923_crab%20%281%29.jpg

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/o...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1695116243

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many small big bosses hand and pocket dry dry....trying their luck to make quick buck from carrrot heads

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fault lies more with the jap bu for failing to check price first or even better is pay 1st then eat.
Never eat 1st then pay unless you are willing to accept any price even is 10k per crab.
If you think that is malu to ask for price then eat then it is your own problem. It simply means you are willing to pay any price after eating it.

In this case if I had asked the restaurant how much it is and they tell me 100g for $30 I will tell them limpe asking you how much you will charge me you tell me about grams and kilos for fark ? They will have to tell you the actual price.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fault lies more with the jap bu for failing to check price first or even better is pay 1st then eat.
Never eat 1st then pay unless you are willing to accept any price even is 10k per crab.
If you think that is malu to ask for price then eat then it is your own problem. It simply means you are willing to pay any price after eating it.

In this case if I had asked the restaurant how much it is and they tell me 100g for $30 I will tell them limpe asking you how much you will charge me you tell me about grams and kilos for fark ? They will have to tell you the actual price.
Feeling speechless at the price of $938? Actually I'm feeling more speechless for the tourist expectations. In Clark Quay eating crab 开玩笑 I would easily have mental preparation for paying upto sgd 2k per crab in japan for a Clark Quay equivalent kind of restaurant.
Eat crab in Clark Quay 开玩笑 :cautious: :cool:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How else can one of the smallest country pay its ministers the highest salaries in the world .
Ask the japs how big is japan compared to singapore and how much is Fumio Kishida's salary compared to LHL and they will understand .

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
welcome to pap singapore
everything is expensive in singapore thanks to pap and their 70.4%

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

waiter baited her with “$30” crab lah without clearly pointing out seasonal price was per 100 grams. 1st time japbu tourist not familiar with sinkie suan tactics, waiter should not take advantage of her ignorance. crab was in tank for too long staring at waiter until he tulan so must suan to sell it away. otherwise give waiter nightmares. moreover if crab die in tank due to old age or long captivity restaurant cannot make money, so must sell to earn sextra commission for waiter.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

For most asiatics, if the waiter gave them the bill before preparing the crab dish, the asiatics would feel deeply offended. How dare the waiter insinuate that they are paupers!! So this is the outcome instead - asiatics getting shocked by the bill of their crab seafood dinner.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Solid proof Sinkies are criminals, same as their Tiong. Cousins like to scam or commit fraud, cores are money is never enough!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Solid proof Sinkies are criminals, same as their Tiong. Cousins like to scam or commit fraud, cores are money is never enough!
may be jiuhukia waiter. desperate to earn bonus points by selling off unsellable crab. chili sri lankan crab is one thing, chili alaskan crab is seldom heard of and not that popular among ordinary sinkies due to its rarity and high price. it’s a tourist trap meant for unsuspecting angmohs, japs, gooks, and well off tiongs.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be fair to Seafood Paradise, the amount charged for an Alaskan crab is reasonable for a restaurant. If she had gone to the Me Di Ya Japanese supermarket, they sell each raw leg of an Alaskan crab for around $15-20 each, so one whole crab fully cooked in a restaurant ending up $900+ is expected.

I suspect this Japanese lady is not well-acquainted with expensive food ingredients and probably mistook an Alaskan crab for the normal Sri Lankan m&d crab. She should have asked first before ordering and the restaurant staff should have informed customer of the price of such high end items before preparing.

A case of both parties making unwarranted assumptions resulting in an unhappy outcome.