• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Jap bu tourist dulan and made police report after kena charged $938 for 1 chili crab by Seafood Paradise in Sg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ignorant jipun nan lah. Alaskan King crab = expensive. The AKC fishermen risk their lives to bring these crabs to your table.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

How crab sticks are made in world's largest crab sticks factory​

Watching the video made me crave crab sticks, yummy!:inlove: It's got all those wonderful ingredients : fish meat, egg, salt, sugar, veg oil. I must've missed the part where they put in the crab meat. It's surely my fave way to consume crab!:thumbsup::biggrin:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one crab dish is worth $1k then the restaurant owners got buy life insurance for the crabs?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Watching the video made me crave crab sticks, yummy!:inlove: It's got all those wonderful ingredients : fish meat, egg, salt, sugar, veg oil. I must've missed the part where they put in the crab meat. It's surely my fave way to consume crab!:thumbsup::biggrin:

Unfortunately, ALL brands of crab sticks use 100% fish meat, no actual crab meat at all inside.

https://shopee.sg/search?keyword=crab sticks

The only way to get real crab meat, is not to buy crab sticks, but to buy crab legs (with the shell intact), that's the only way to guarantee 100% genuine crab meat.

SLC_02_CR_300x300.jpg

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fault lies more with the jap bu for failing to check price first or even better is pay 1st then eat.
Never eat 1st then pay unless you are willing to accept any price even is 10k per crab.
If you think that is malu to ask for price then eat then it is your own problem. It simply means you are willing to pay any price after eating it.

In this case if I had asked the restaurant how much it is and they tell me 100g for $30 I will tell them limpe asking you how much you will charge me you tell me about grams and kilos for fark ? They will have to tell you the actual price.
Tourist do not know all these. Japanese restaurant in their country, i believe, don't go all out intention to cheat in such a way. The waiter didn't communicate properly and never mentioned that 3.5kg of crab cost nearly $1000. He just say $30 per $100g and then show the crab is 3.5kg.. This is called indirect dishonesty.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Unfortunately, ALL brands of crab sticks use 100% fish meat, no actual crab meat at all inside.

The only way to get real crab meat, is not to buy crab sticks, but to buy crab legs (with the shell intact), that's the only way to guarantee 100% genuine crab meat.

SLC_02_CR_300x300.jpg
Yah! It's baffling why they're even called crab sticks!:confused: Want to bluff kids......and me.:biggrin:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feeling speechless at the price of $938? Actually I'm feeling more speechless for the tourist expectations. In Clark Quay eating crab 开玩笑 I would easily have mental preparation for paying upto sgd 2k per crab in japan for a Clark Quay equivalent kind of restaurant.
Eat crab in Clark Quay 开玩笑 :cautious: :cool:
like i say, they are tourist. They are not ball-less sinkies who stay here all their life while getting screwed by the PAP and know all the carb selling tricks. They only know Singapore is clean and honest.

Look at the bill, all dishes they order are very reasonable and relatively cheap and then suddenly there is one odd dish that is $900+. It is clear that they do not expect the dish to be that expensive and think that it only cost $30. as it was communicated this way. $30 as in the whole dish and not per 100g.

If want to sell, must have ethics and EQ, not everything is about $ and cents. In the end it leaves the tourist a lousy mood for the rest of their travel. you think they will have good impression of Singapore after this? I would recommend them to visit Malaysia instead. What is the point of this? You think the waiter is a Singaporean? i do not think a local behave like that. Paradise Group mostly hire foreigners from China to do the job. Do the communist-programmed China have such level of EQ?

Why do paradise group hire so many China workers and who allow those China workers to come to sg? your govt. So, who allow the govt to do such a thing? it comes back to ball-less sinkies who are ball-less to oppose your govt. So what happen to the Japanese tourist is caused by ball-less sinkies. You should fucking blame yourself for it.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tourist do not know all these. Japanese restaurant in their country, i believe, don't go all out intention to cheat in such a way. The waiter didn't communicate properly and never mentioned that 3.5kg of crab cost nearly $1000. He just say $30 per $100g and then show the crab is 3.5kg.. This is called indirect dishonesty.

Or the waiter knew exactly what he was doing. Lemme guess... a Tiong or jiuhu waiter? Chinese restaurants are infested with their kind. :cool:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang moh are the best!!!!

Tourist Orders Expensive Lobster At High-End Restaurant, Then Sets It Free​

A woman ordered a lobster at a high-end restaurant and decided to set the animal free and released it back into the sea.

El Español
The Swiss tourist ordered the Catalan-style lobster with linguine priced at €200 ($213.78 USD) at a seafood restaurant in Gente di Mare, in Golfo Aranci, Sardinia, Italy with her husband.
She had earlier spotted the lobster in a water-filled tank at the entrance to the restaurant and decided to order the lobster to have it given to her uncooked.

El Español
The live lobster was then presented to her in a bucket. She stepped outside onto a quay with her husband and gently pulled the lobster from the container, stroking it and saying a few words before putting it into the bay.

El Español
As soon as the lobster entered the water, it swam away.

El Español
According to Telegraph, Antonio Fasolino, who co-owns the restaurant with his brother, Gianluca, said:
The lady came into our restaurant and was straightaway struck by the aquarium that we have at the entrance.
She asked me if she could free the lobster and release it into the sea. At first I thought she was joking, but then I saw she was serious. I said, ‘for me that’s no problem!

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Or the waiter knew exactly what he was doing. Lemme guess... a Tiong or jiuhu waiter? Chinese restaurants are infested with their kind. :cool:
more like they are taught by the restaurant to sell this way and their low EQ just follow whatever it was taught without considering the consequences of their action. so who own the restaurant? PAP lackey? The tourist complain to the consumer association of Singapore. U think they will handle such a case or has the wisdom to deal with it? This is another establishment. Will it wayang like the HSA that approve the vaccine?

I wish to add that the waiter show the crab that is 3.5kg while the tourist think it is 100gram? Showing it to the tourist without weighing on a SCALE it in front of them to show the weight. This way is call approval using intent deception. just like the vaccine.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
waiter baited her with “$30” crab lah without clearly pointing out seasonal price was per 100 grams. 1st time japbu tourist not familiar with sinkie suan tactics, waiter should not take advantage of her ignorance. crab was in tank for too long staring at waiter until he tulan so must suan to sell it away. otherwise give waiter nightmares. moreover if crab die in tank due to old age or long captivity restaurant cannot make money, so must sell to earn sextra commission for waiter.

like i say, they are tourist. They are not ball-less sinkies who stay here all their life while getting screwed by the PAP and know all the carb selling tricks. They only know Singapore is clean and honest.

Look at the bill, all dishes they order are very reasonable and relatively cheap and then suddenly there is one odd dish that is $900+. It is clear that they do not expect the dish to be that expensive and think that it only cost $30. as it was communicated this way. $30 as in the whole dish and not per 100g.

If want to sell, must have ethics and EQ, not everything is about $ and cents. In the end it leaves the tourist a lousy mood for the rest of their travel. you think they will have good impression of Singapore after this? I would recommend them to visit Malaysia instead. What is the point of this? You think the waiter is a Singaporean? i do not think a local behave like that. Paradise Group mostly hire foreigners from China to do the job. Do the communist-programmed China have such level of EQ?

Why do paradise group hire so many China workers and who allow those China workers to come to sg? your govt. So, who allow the govt to do such a thing? it comes back to ball-less sinkies who are ball-less to oppose your govt. So what happen to the Japanese tourist is caused by ball-less sinkies. You should fucking blame yourself for it.

Pap has trained me to know all these even while abroad being tourist at Japan thailand etc I always adhere to pay 1st or ask properly 1st then eat . This is very important as before eat you can reject whereas after eat you can't and end up requiring to get police involve. Even cook already but haven't entered your mouth you still can reject.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fault lies more with the jap bu for failing to check price first or even better is pay 1st then eat.
Never eat 1st then pay unless you are willing to accept any price even is 10k per crab.
If you think that is malu to ask for price then eat then it is your own problem. It simply means you are willing to pay any price after eating it.

In this case if I had asked the restaurant how much it is and they tell me 100g for $30 I will tell them limpe asking you how much you will charge me you tell me about grams and kilos for fark ? They will have to tell you the actual price.

later they tell you the weight in grams haven't count the gravy and other ingredients............maybe even the weight of the wok also must count........ :roflmao:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SLC_02_CR_300x300.jpg
Sekali the chink producers are able to inject crab stick "meat" into empty crab leg shells. Don't forget PRC is the king of pirated goods.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Feeling speechless at the price of $938? Actually I'm feeling more speechless for the tourist expectations. In Clark Quay eating crab 开玩笑 I would easily have mental preparation for paying upto sgd 2k per crab in japan for a Clark Quay equivalent kind of restaurant.
Eat crab in Clark Quay 开玩笑 :cautious: :cool:
One smaller size Alaskan King crab is already $350. This one shown in the picture looks huge. So at least $500 +. Maybe $600, if bought at the retail market. If you can even find that size. Then cooking it, labour and overhead. Maybe $50 more. So, could be $650 just to break even. Asking for $900 so that the restaurant can make some money, ok. I think its reasonable.

The Crow

Alfrescian
Loyal
190923_crab (1).jpg

Own country got king crab but come here and eat alaska crab? Btw, 1 cup of sprite cost $3.90??? ... :o-o:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap has trained me to know all these even while abroad being tourist at Japan thailand etc I always adhere to pay 1st or ask properly 1st then eat . This is very important as before eat you can reject whereas after eat you can't and end up requiring to get police involve. Even cook already but haven't entered your mouth you still can reject.
https://mothership.sg/2023/09/japanese-tourists-938-crab-inaccurate-claims/

Paradise Group refutes Japanese tourists' claim of not being told price & weight of S$938 crab​

A group of Japanese tourists who dined at a restaurant at Clarke Quay were shocked when they realised that their crab dish cost them S$938.

The tourists requested to call the police, and subsequently claimed that the restaurant did not inform them about the crab's price and its total weight.

However, the restaurant has released CCTV footage showing the five tourists' dining experience and stating that it shows otherwise.

Japanese tourist claimed group was not informed about total weight of crab​

The five tourists were dining at the Seafood Paradise restaurant at Clarke Quay on Aug. 19, 2023 night, according to AsiaOne's Sep. 19, 2023 report.

They ordered a live Alaskan king crab to be prepared for their chilli crab dish, along with other dishes, such as mee goreng and black pepper beef fried rice.

Their bill came up to a total of S$1,322.37, with the cost of the chilli Alaskan king crab alone at S$938.

One of the diners, 50-year-old Junko Shinba, said she was "speechless" when they received the bill.

She claimed that the restaurant did not inform their table that it would be preparing the whole crab for them, nor did it inform them of the crab's total weight.

She also claimed that the restaurant did not fully inform the group of the crab's price, stating that the staff who "strongly recommended" the Alaskan king crab only told the table it was S$30 but failed to clarify that it was the price for per 100g of crab.

Police officers attended to the incident after Shinba asked a staff to call the police.

The restaurant manager subsequently offered the tourists a S$107.40 discount and Shinba's friend paid for the meal.

Shinba said she escalated the incident to the Singapore Tourism Board, which in turn raised the matter to the Consumers Association of Singapore.

Japanese tourists' claims were "inaccurate"​

On Sep. 20, 2023, Paradise Group posted their clarification statement, as well as photos from the restaurant's CCTV footage on Facebook, to "rectify" Shinba's "inaccurate claims".

Seafood Paradise is one of the brands under Paradise Group Holdings.

The group stated that it was "deeply upset" by the tourists' "inaccurate claims", which it felt were seemingly aimed at tarnishing the restaurant's and its staff's reputation.

"Hence, we are left with no choice but to showcase photos extracted from our CCTV footage to substantiate our statement," it said.

Staff informed them of both price and weight​

The group stated that the Japanese tourists had been informed of both the price and weight of the live Alaskan king crab.

It stated that the Seafood Paradise staff had told the tourists twice that the price of the Alaskan king crab was the same as the Scotland snow crab and pointed to the Scotland snow crab's S$26.80 per 100g price that was "clearly indicated" in the restaurant's menu.

Based on the photo from the restaurant's CCTV footage, a male Seafood Paradise staff could be seen pointing at the menu.

seafood-paradise-cctv-3.jpg
Image from Paradise Group/Facebook.

The group added that the Seafood Paradise staff not only informed the tourists that the Alaskan king crab was 3.5kg, but also brought out and showed the tourists the whole live crab before it was prepared.

"Customers were seen taking photos and even selfies with the live Alaskan king crab."

This could be seen in two photos from the restaurant's CCTV footage.

The staff could be seen standing beside the table with the crab in a container while the tourists looked in his direction.

The tourists could be seen in the next photo, which was taken a few seconds later, pointing their phone cameras in the direction of the staff holding the crab.

seafood-paradise-cctv-2.jpg

seafood-paradise-cctv-1.jpg

Tourists finished food and sang its praises​

The group also refuted Shinba's other claims.

With regard to her claim that the staff had "strongly recommended" the Alaskan king crab, the group stated that the tourists had picked the Alaskan king crab after the restaurant staff had introduced the types of crab on the menu available on that day.

The group added that the tourists requested two cooking methods for the crab.

The restaurant eventually prepared it in three different cooking methods – chilli crab, salted egg yolk and truffle egg white – without charging them extra.

Shinba had told AsiaOne that she was caught unaware when three plates of crab arrived at her table.

She claimed that she did not expect Seafood Paradise to serve the table the whole crab as other restaurants served crab partially.

She added that the table was overwhelmed by the amount of food and could not finish eating everything.

However, the group stated that the tourists finished most of the dishes and even told the restaurant manager that the food was great.

It added: "We wish to highlight that live seafood is typically sold and served as a whole item, as dividing it into partial portions would render the remaining portion no longer live seafood."

Refused to pay and requested to call police​

However, things took a turn when it was time to settle the bill.

"At the end of the meal, customers refused to settle the bill, hence the police were involved to mediate the situation," the group stated.

"One of the customers mentioned he didn’t have enough money to pay and asked what can be done to help."

According to the group's earlier statement to AsiaOne, the tourists requested to call the police after they refused to pay the bill and the restaurant manager assisted in making the police report.

The group added that the restaurant manager offered the tourists a goodwill discount of S$107.40 out of goodwill, effectively waiving off the cost of 400g of live Alaskan king crab.

Important to uphold Paradise Group's reputation and protect employees​

The group stated that while they value all their customers, it explained that it was important for them to clarify what happened as it is important to uphold Paradise Group's reputation and protect their employees.

"At Seafood Paradise and all other Paradise Group of restaurants, we consistently uphold a commitment to transparent pricing with a focus on customer service and food quality. Our staff will do their best to communicate clearly to the customers and welcome any queries."

You can read their Facebook post below.

Our staff will do their best to communicate clearly to the customers and welcome any queries.

It stated that the Seafood Paradise staff had told the tourists twice that the price of the Alaskan king crab was the same as the Scotland snow crab and pointed to the Scotland snow crab's S$26.80 per 100g price that was "clearly indicated" in the restaurant's menu. The group added that the Seafood Paradise staff not only informed the tourists that the Alaskan king crab was 3.5kg, but also brought out and showed the tourists the whole live crab before it was prepared.

Did paradise group do a full calculation to the tourists? like full math calculation? (3500/100)x 30 = $1050

Last edited: