• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG 1st case doctor passed away from covid.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess now all GPs will be asked why they dont keep fees low like Dr Yuen.

@dredd You say sneaky agendas? This is one sneaky one. Dr dies of Covid the agenda is to send message to people to expect good drs to keep fees low. If fees not low is a bad dr.
No lah... to be fair , it wasn't only about low fees. He was a generous and all round kind-hearted soul.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
No lah... to be fair , it wasn't only about low fees. He was a generous and all round kind-hearted soul.
Indeed! Can talk about other things of kindness

But the headlines say

MacPherson doctor who died from Covid-19 was kind, kept fees low to help needy patients​

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a money minded loctor died of covid while doing his duty to earn money i.e treating patients will he be considered kind or leespected to die in line of duty ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
@dredd Dr Yuen was into alternative and nutritional therapies even for cancer. He sounds like this GP I used to work with in SG.

This things about low fees for needy. Did he just keep fees low for ALL his patients? Or is it when he had patients he knew were needy he would charge them very low fees or even free?

The GP I worked with would waive fees for needy. Thats because his main business wasnt from GP work but from the alternative and nutritional therapies serving rich clientele.

Dr Raymond Yuen also had an aesthetic clinic. Hence I suspect his main business might not have been regular GP work? I could be wrong.

In any case I think such headlines are not helpful at all to regular GP who are already struggling with high rent and being squeezed by insurancr companies.

I know first hand because although that GP I worked with would waive fees for any patient who asked him to, he hired me to work for him to do the GP work while he was away doing his alternative medicine stuff in hotels.

The patients would ask me can give discount or free? Like Dr X? I would ask the clinic manager and she would say "Dr Y if you every patient is free then how we pay you?"

So with time I became known as the greedy young doctor who would refuse to waive fees not like Dr X. Clinic manager will tell patients Dr must say waive not her.

It was so bad that during one consult I was telling patient I cannot waive. Then Dr X happened to walk into the room. The patient yelled 'Dr X! Can make free or not?" Dr X said sure. Free! "Thanks Dr X!"

Dr X was also well known to "help the poor and needy by waiving fees and giving big discounts on vitamin and nutritional supplements".

Dr X passed away a few years ago. Died of cancer.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If a money minded loctor died of covid while doing his duty to earn money i.e treating patients will he be considered kind or leespected to die in line of duty ?
Absolutely not.

Doctors are expected to charge very little if they are kind doctors. After all they earn so much money already charging very little to needy patients.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
@dredd Dr Yuen was into alternative and nutritional therapies even for cancer. He sounds like this GP I used to work with in SG.

This things about low fees for needy. Did he just keep fees low for ALL his patients? Or is it when he had patients he knew were needy he would charge them very low fees or even free?

The GP I worked with would waive fees for needy. Thats because his main business wasnt from GP work but from the alternative and nutritional therapies serving rich clientele.

Dr Raymond Yuen also had an aesthetic clinic. Hence I suspect his main business might not have been regular GP work? I could be wrong.

In any case I think such headlines are not helpful at all to regular GP who are already struggling with high rent and being squeezed by insurancr companies.

I know first hand because although that GP I worked with would waive fees for any patient who asked him to, he hired me to work for him to do the GP work while he was away doing his alternative medicine stuff in hotels.

The patients would ask me can give discount or free? Like Dr X? I would ask the clinic manager and she would say "Dr Y if you every patient is free then how we pay you?"

So with time I became known as the greedy young doctor who would refuse to waive fees not like Dr X. Clinic manager will tell patients Dr must say waive not her.

It was so bad that during one consult I was telling patient I cannot waive. Then Dr X happened to walk into the room. The patient yelled 'Dr X! Can make free or not?" Dr X said sure. Free! "Thanks Dr X!"

Dr X was also well known to "help the poor and needy by waiving fees and giving big discounts on vitamin and nutritional supplements".

Dr X passed away a few years ago. Died of cancer.

All these "kind doctors" who charge little die first. While PAP plunders and rob still alive and kicking. The choice is clear.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
All these "kind doctors" who charge little die first. While PAP plunders and rob still alive and kicking. The choice is clear.
It is true. Actually the truth can be shocking. Many of these kind doctors charge low low are actually quite poor. Some have trouble paying their bills! But people all assume dr must have money.

So they keep taking advantage. Got free? Ok yes I take free. Many Jeffreys in SG.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he was vaccinated he wouldn't be dead..... unless........ VACCINES DON'T WORK!!!

Screenshot_20211012-093221.jpg

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes you wonder why the doc only half vax.

Educated ppl are either against vax (believing if exposed their risks are low) or full vax.