• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Saving the world by not using tampons

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
8900.jpg

by Angeline Tse

Olivia Choong, 31, freelance copywriter and Green Drinks Singapore founder

She matchmakes single greenies

Her recycling habit started out as punishment

Shipped off to boarding school in Perth after her O levels, Olivia and her roommate were caught eating in the dorm late one night. For breaking the rules, both girls were made to take empty milk cartons out to the recycling bins, an experience Olivia claims kick-started her recycling habit.

By the time she moved back to Singapore in 2004, her time in Australia had already helped shape her “green” mindset.

Doing her part to bring the green movement here

“I read about Green Drinks, a community-focused group that brings individuals and businesses together for information-sharing on sustainability issues, so I wrote to the HQ in London and said I wanted to start the Singapore arm,” Olivia explains. Green Drinks Singapore started in 2007 as a social event where people came to mingle, and has since evolved to include movie screenings and talks.

This year, Olivia has plans to collaborate with more local green groups, and hopes to start campaigning against the use of toxic ingredients in cosmetics and wooden chopsticks. The group has grown – it now boasts more than 500 members, aged between 20 and 55 – who come from all walks of life.

Her friends are incredulous that she’s turned vegetarian

“My friends just don’t understand why I don’t eat meat,” says Olivia. “But I’m just doing what I can.” She decided to slowly give up eating chicken and fish, after realising that farming animals creates high carbon footprints.

She uses a menstrual cup

“Two years ago, I started using the ‘moon cup’, which probably got its name from the hippie women who worship the moon,” Olivia shares candidly. During her period, she wears this reuseable funnel-shaped silicone cup for up to eight hours, and empties the contents before reinserting it. She sanitises her moon cup by immersing it in boiling water.

Pointing to the bleached cotton in tampons and the sheer volume of waste generated by throwing them away, she explains: “We should think about where everything comes from and where everything goes. I’m not squeamish about blood. It’s produced by my body anyway.” She also tries to take only one cab ride a day and refuses to drink bottled water.

“Veggie Singles Nights” are her way of trying to find love

Last year, Olivia spoke to a friend about the possibility of starting a singles’ event for vegetarians and omnivores. Their first party, held in January at Food #03, was a success, with 80 people attending. She now hopes to hold at least one more singles’ party this year.

But sadly, no one caught her eye that January night. “I’ve heard that for a relationship to last, two people must be able to enjoy a meal together,” Olivia muses. “It makes me wonder if any kind of romance with a flesh-eating male is possible, but I’m definitely open to the possibility!”

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
8900.jpg

by Angeline Tse

Olivia Choong, 31, freelance copywriter and Green Drinks Singapore founder

She matchmakes single greenies

Her recycling habit started out as punishment

Shipped off to boarding school in Perth after her O levels, Olivia and her roommate were caught eating in the dorm late one night. For breaking the rules, both girls were made to take empty milk cartons out to the recycling bins, an experience Olivia claims kick-started her recycling habit.

By the time she moved back to Singapore in 2004, her time in Australia had already helped shape her “green” mindset.

Doing her part to bring the green movement here

“I read about Green Drinks, a community-focused group that brings individuals and businesses together for information-sharing on sustainability issues, so I wrote to the HQ in London and said I wanted to start the Singapore arm,” Olivia explains. Green Drinks Singapore started in 2007 as a social event where people came to mingle, and has since evolved to include movie screenings and talks.

This year, Olivia has plans to collaborate with more local green groups, and hopes to start campaigning against the use of toxic ingredients in cosmetics and wooden chopsticks. The group has grown – it now boasts more than 500 members, aged between 20 and 55 – who come from all walks of life.

Her friends are incredulous that she’s turned vegetarian

“My friends just don’t understand why I don’t eat meat,” says Olivia. “But I’m just doing what I can.” She decided to slowly give up eating chicken and fish, after realising that farming animals creates high carbon footprints.

She uses a menstrual cup

“Two years ago, I started using the ‘moon cup’, which probably got its name from the hippie women who worship the moon,” Olivia shares candidly. During her period, she wears this reuseable funnel-shaped silicone cup for up to eight hours, and empties the contents before reinserting it. She sanitises her moon cup by immersing it in boiling water.

Pointing to the bleached cotton in tampons and the sheer volume of waste generated by throwing them away, she explains: “We should think about where everything comes from and where everything goes. I’m not squeamish about blood. It’s produced by my body anyway.” She also tries to take only one cab ride a day and refuses to drink bottled water.

“Veggie Singles Nights” are her way of trying to find love

Last year, Olivia spoke to a friend about the possibility of starting a singles’ event for vegetarians and omnivores. Their first party, held in January at Food #03, was a success, with 80 people attending. She now hopes to hold at least one more singles’ party this year.

But sadly, no one caught her eye that January night. “I’ve heard that for a relationship to last, two people must be able to enjoy a meal together,” Olivia muses. “It makes me wonder if any kind of romance with a flesh-eating male is possible, but I’m definitely open to the possibility!”

"Veggie Singles Nights"??? Sounds...delicious, she vs cucumbers, carrots, zucchini and other phallic-shaped fruits and vegetables :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>
Last year, Olivia spoke to a friend about the possibility of starting a singles’ event for vegetarians and omnivores. Their first party, held in January at Food #03, was a success, with 80 people attending. She now hopes to hold at least one more singles’ party this year.<<

Yucks. No human being should ever date a vegetarian. :oIo:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Veggie Singles Nights"??? Sounds...delicious, she vs cucumbers, carrots, zucchini and other phallic-shaped fruits and vegetables :biggrin:

Real cocks willl spit out whitish waste which will need to be contain by a condom or wipe off using tissue paper (another waste!).

So I guess these veggie singles prefer carrots, cucumbers, zucchini which serve the same purpose (without producing more waste!) and can be eaten whole after that - which is what we call shoot 3 birds with 1 stone.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Real cocks willl spit out whitish waste which will need to be contain by a condom or wipe off using tissue paper (another waste!).

So I guess these veggie singles prefer carrots, cucumbers, zucchini which serve the same purpose (without producing more waste!) and can be eaten whole after that - which is what we call shoot 3 birds with 1 stone.

And they probably tastes better after 'seasoning' mmmmm who needs salt when you have musk? :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some 'seasoning' will smell like rotten fish smeared with blue cheese.......or what we call CCB!

Only one way to find out, i shall go to this "Veggie singles night" to see what 'seasoning' Olivia uses! Who got details on how to get in?? I shall brave this for my fellow samsters :biggrin:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she really want to save the world, then just get pregnant. This way, no period for 10 months. I'm sure it would save quite a bit.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>
Last year, Olivia spoke to a friend about the possibility of starting a singles’ event for vegetarians and omnivores. Their first party, held in January at Food #03, was a success, with 80 people attending. She now hopes to hold at least one more singles’ party this year.<<

Yucks. No human being should ever date a vegetarian. :oIo:

What rubbish you talking about? I am almost a vegetarian and I know a lot of decent (and pretty) vegetarians.

Vegetarianism is the future. I foresee a future where meat eating will become a minority event.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only one way to find out, i shall go to this "Veggie singles night" to see what 'seasoning' Olivia uses! Who got details on how to get in?? I shall brave this for my fellow samsters :biggrin:

Pls go and bring a cucumber along. Find out whether Olivia offers blow jobs. She will probably suck you dry and swallow it all up so that nothing goes to waste. Your sperm will be recycled in her body as natural protein. You can offer to shoot it on her face and she can use it as a natural moisturiser.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pls go and bring a cucumber along. Find out whether Olivia offers blow jobs. She will probably suck you dry and swallow it all up so that nothing goes to waste. Your sperm will be recycled in her body as natural protein. You can offer to shoot it on her face and she can use it as a natural moisturiser.

Or she can use it as salad dressing, omg this olivia choong is friends of my friends on FB! jia lak, i hope she doesn't see this! :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What rubbish you talking about? I am almost a vegetarian and I know a lot of decent (and pretty) vegetarians.

Vegetarianism is the future. I foresee a future where meat eating will become a minority event.

Vegetarianism is the future? Yeah u kiss my ass first and pray hard! Lol

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

sure or not??

i think she left out something.. eating 'each other' is it:biggrin::eek:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

sure or not??

i think she left out something.. eating 'each other' is it:biggrin::eek:

Punished for eating in dorm?

More like getting high in the dorm smelling each other's used tampons!