• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad Postings in REACH by Men...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that the Women's Charter applies as long as you're a Singapore citizen and your foreign wife decides to sue for divorce in Singapore, whether or not your marriage was registered in Singapore. Your foreign wife need not even have lived in Singapore before. But she must get the foreign marriage certificate verified at High Court. Signing power-of-attorney to a Singapore lawyer would take care of that. Practically all countries recognize all certified and verified marriages in other countries, especially for prevention of international polygamy.

High court of SINgapore or The People's Republic or the supreme court of Zimbawe??

You intending to marry a foreign bride? taste the tare & scoot off?? tsk! tsk!:wink:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand that the Women's Charter applies as long as you're a Singapore citizen and your foreign wife decides to sue for divorce in Singapore, whether or not your marriage was registered in Singapore.

does that mean, to escape the women charter, you have to throw away the pink IC?
that sucks.

which fxxking idiot minister created the women charter?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does that mean, to escape the women charter, you have to throw away the pink IC?
that sucks.

which fxxking idiot minister created the women charter?

I think a few old-guard ministers helped LKY created it. Vivi Bala after the YOG fiasco decided to find something redeeming to do, so "recommended" to "improve" on it.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a very simple & straightforward solution. once again, scholars in the cabinet are a bunch of good-for-nothings.

• if woman wants gender equality, scrap woman's charter (WC).
  • if woman is self-sufficient, WC is not applicable
  • if woman is without child, WC is not applicable
  • if divorced & woman doesnt get custody of child, WC not applicable
  • if woman refuses to consumate/ bear children, WC is not applicable

in order to level the playing field, as long as WC stands, there should be equivalent of a man's charter (MC)
  • whoever calls/initiates divorce should prepare to pay alimony
  • if woman is found adultering, she must pay alimony
  • if divorced due to woman refusing to consumate/ bear children, she must pay alimony

sometimes i wonder why they're getting fat salary, when they cant even solve fundamental problems???