• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$1,500 for NS

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? I don't think many here will agree with you. Many of the forummers here find them spoilt and obnoxious! They would rather have girl fiends from other countries.

Do girls from other countries serve NS?

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot lah, have to be realistic! Our time is over! But our children and grandchildren will beneift leh! Think of the future, think of them. They must have confidence in their future!

How are they going to have confidence in their future when they have to waste two years doing bo liao things while our $ is being used to sponsor FTrash for their university studies and accommodation here? Whoever advised TKL to use this stupid '$1,500 for NS' is really brainless. Even if Parliament is daft enough to go ahead with this idea, you can be assured that transport, housing, and whatever fuck costs will rise to make up for the deficit. And in the end our children and grandchildren (if they are stupid enough to have kids here) will still suffer. You think $1,500 big fuck eh?

TKL should have suggested that all would-be PRs serve NS first before they are granted PR status. No exemptions even for females - they can do admin work - and no deferments for whatever fuck reason. As long as they are young enough for the military, they must serve. Otherwise no PR status and don't even think about getting citizenship.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
How are they going to have confidence in their future when they have to waste two years doing bo liao things while our $ is being used to sponsor FTrash for their university studies and accommodation here? Whoever advised TKL to use this stupid '$1,500 for NS' is really brainless. Even if Parliament is daft enough to go ahead with this idea, you can be assured that transport, housing, and whatever fuck costs will rise to make up for the deficit. And in the end our children and grandchildren (if they are stupid enough to have kids here) will still suffer. You think $1,500 big fuck eh?

TKL should have suggested that all would-be PRs serve NS first before they are granted PR status. No exemptions even for females - they can do admin work - and no deferments for whatever fuck reason. As long as they are young enough for the military, they must serve. Otherwise no PR status and don't even think about getting citizenship.

Let's us be realistic lah - NS is here to stay for our own security. We will take it from there in any discussion.

Firstly, $1,500 compared to what NSmen are getting now or during our time. Remember, not every NSmen is capable of earning that amount, not every NSman is a poly or U grad. (My time got Hokkien peng and duck and pig farmers.) Anyway, a point is much better pay.

Never consider NS as a waste of time. Do you or our parents buy good locks and install strong grill for your front door? Do you arm your flat? It's money and energy well spent for your security.

FTs doing NS? Well, they are already doing - their children! Do you expect yourself to do fulltime NS at age 30 or 40? Do you expect FT peidu mamas to do fulltime NS? First generation no NS, there children do NS if they want to be citizens. WP member CS Mao even volunteered to do NS - so he can become a citizen. Do you expect our Singaporeans who want to migrate to USA or Austrailia to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Bottomline is : Security is our own affairs. We can't employ Nepalese and Bangladeshi to protect our oil refineries or to fight a war for us.

TKL is very kind and may even pay volunteers in our charity homes if he becomes President. Former NFK Chairman will be laughing, "I told you so, I told you so".

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has done the best he could. For everybody with eyes to see and hearts to feel. He wasn't the one who cut the bonuses. He's just trying help get the bonuses restored. If failing at that, he gets to shoulder the blame for the bonus cuts, I shudder to think, nobody will dare stand up to help consumers ever again. If anyone still wants to blame him, I and him have nothing else to say. On that, I believe I can speak on his behalf.

The issue here is not whether TKL succeed or failed to restore the bonus cut or so called blame him. The issue is he started the protest claiming the bonus cut not correct, asking for support from other policyholders via petition (btw he was also one of the affected policyholders) - yet after a closed door session with Income board/management, he dropped the petition and protest suddenly - I.e so changeable. So how can you be sure all promises will be carried out?

Nevertheless, I would still have voted for TKL if TJS did not run for this election. Because to me, the other two are the same - both are PAP men. May be you can give some feedback to TKL that he can trim his pot belly abit for better image, of the four candidates, only he has very big pot belly.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue here is not whether TKL succeed or failed to restore the bonus cut or so called blame him. The issue is he started the protest claiming the bonus cut not correct, asking for support from other policyholders via petition (btw he was also one of the affected policyholders) - yet after a closed door session with Income board/management, he dropped the petition and protest suddenly - I.e so changeable. So how can you be sure all promises will be carried out?

I dont get TKL's idea at all. Is he saying a PTE who does sai kang should get the same amount as an OCS candidate

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
......give some feedback to TKL that he can trim his pot belly abit for better image, of the four candidates, only he has very big pot belly.

He is a jolly good fellow, actually... honest to the bone. But he is at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nevertheless, I would still have voted for TKL if TJS did not run for this election. Because to me, the other two are the same - both are PAP men. May be you can give some feedback to TKL that he can trim his pot belly abit for better image, of the four candidates, only he has very big pot belly.

Its too late for all of us to realise this, 可悲可悲。。。Fuck TJS, pui!!! _|_

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have admit this time you failed miserably, sucky lah you, zzzzzzzz

Blame me for what? I wasn't involved in TKL campaign at all. I was in TTSH or Bangkok or Johor most the time until polling day when me and my bro came back to vote. We voted for TKL. How else could we do?

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame me for what? I wasn't involved in TKL campaign at all. I was in TTSH or Bangkok or Johor most the time until polling day when me and my bro came back to vote. We voted for TKL. How else could we do?
Sai... excuses excuses, zzzzzz