• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$1,500 for NS

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this will further put S'pore in greater debt......................

S'pore is like the Titanic.....................edging closer to the icebergs liao...............

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Nah... They have their maids to fight and defend for them. :biggrin:

6a00d83451b52369e2014e870904f6970d-450wi

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats call vote buying. But the question is... How is he going to pay that amount, It seems like empty promises to me. This is one of the things about TKL, He is the type of person who likes to carry balls and say nice things infront of others but doesnt really mean it.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this will further put S'pore in greater debt......................
S'pore is like the Titanic.....................edging closer to the icebergs liao...............

For $1500 a month?
We Singaporeans are paying some donkeys $millions doing fuckoff, travelling and playing golf.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahahaha ...... like that if I stand as candidate, I say at age 50, every citizen get $50k, at at age 60, $100k, at age 70, $250k ....... what juvenile ramblings ....:o:o:(:(

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha ...... like that if I stand as candidate, I say at age 50, every citizen get $50k, at at age 60, $100k, at age 70, $250k ....... what juvenile ramblings ....:o:o:(:(

Bro, this might not be juvenile rumblings in the future when comes a day every thing gets exposed.
We also entitled to our fair share of looting.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

You're as drunk as the president candiates are lying to fools to con votes with promises they know they can't deliver. President has no power to spend money. Only power to stop spending money. Even that's limited to past booked reserves. Government can write current cashflow daily into reserves or surpluses as they wish. If there's a kuailan president, government can just stop new writing new cashflow revenues into reserves and invest all past reserves all away. Investing is not the same as spending, not under presidential power of veto.

LKY is a bloody kiasu fool to come up with this EP wayang. Spoil vote!

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
For $1500 a month?
We Singaporeans are paying some donkeys $millions doing fuckoff, travelling and playing golf.

Yes, your wish will come true. It appears you can vote for a President for free. Just watch over the TV PE broadcast.

It seems that some of the presidential hopefuls are really going to work not for money or fame - but for the peope. I love a selfless President. But would you work - your main job - for free for your boss. We are not talking about volunteerism.

We need to think it over. It is a vote for ourselves actually.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nah... They have their maids to fight and defend for them. :biggrin:

6a00d83451b52369e2014e870904f6970d-450wi

Haha, with $1,500 a month - with free food and lodging - they can afford more than one maid to fight for them!

Sorry last time we all NSmen too poor! Had to wash our own uniform, starch them, wax and polish our own boots. We were our own maids! Good thing is that as young men we learnt to look after ourselves - till now that we continue to look after ourselves, do things after ourselves.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL has lost the plot, lol. His advisors should be shot, including Ramseth, lol :eek::biggrin:

I could only advise and I did advise. What he did is up to him, not me, since he's the one standing, not me. I advised against 100,000 petition campaign, against accusing people smearing him, against threatening to sue people, against blaming others for contesting, against speaking in four languages that would end up speaking in four broken languages by his linguistic standards. What else can I do? It's all up to him.

Tonight's the "cool" night and tomorrow I'll go and vote for him. That's all I can do.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I could only advise and I did advise. What he did is up to him, not me, since he's the one standing, not me. I advised against 100,000 petition campaign, against accusing people smearing him, against threatening to sue people, against blaming others for contesting, against speaking in four languages that would end up speaking in four broken languages by his linguistic standards. What else can I do? ...
wen u were advising him, u shud hf told him dat ... iz not u who r advising him ... but many ppl r advising him ... :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL is making empty promises. His true colours are showing.

The promises part, I'd disagree that TKL was untrue. He'll really do it. There're not much that can't be done. The president has to open Parliament with policy direction address. That's of course mostly provided by Cabinet and CPA in advance but President still has say and sway over it. The one who's blowing trumpet with noisy empty promises is TJS. He can't check and balance the government. That's opposition job in Parliament. After opening Parliament, President can't debate in Parliament. How the hell TJS is going to deliever his promises that misled die-hard opposition into thinking that he can and vote for him? Start a civil war?

Last edited:

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree completely, anyone of them also making empty promises cox none of them still elected nor have the chance to execute it.

Under the Constitution, the President has veto powers under certain specified circumstances. TKL knows that if elected, there is no way he can get the government to implement policy changes such as pensions for the elderly and market-rate allowances for NSF. His lame attempt to pull a fast one on the electorate is as desperate as it is despicable.