• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rubbish

jw5

Loyal
Where To Dabao Breakfast & Brunch In Singapore

PS.Cafe​

a dining room table

© Provided by The Asian Parent
Image source: Facebook / PS.Cafe
With a wide array of outlets islandwide, PS.Cafe is one of the best breakfast cafe shops in Singapore that not only serves coffee but also offers food you would normally find in fast-food joints.

This includes meals such as pizzas, burgers and hearty salads.

But of course, you can still enjoy some classic cafe treats including cakes, puddings and tarts as well as their famous truffle shoestring fries.

jw5

Loyal

Rabbit Carrot Gun​

a blue chair in a room

Image source: Facebook / Rabbit Carrot Gun
Eat, drink and relax at Rabbit Carrot Gun where they have a breakfast menu that celebrates classic British dishes and modern international cuisine.

You can count on them to know their ABCs: Ambience, Booze, and Coffee. With their East Coast shop open as early as 8.45am, you can add them to your morning routine to indulge in some good coffee and hearty dishes.

Rabbit Carrot Gun, East Coast 47-49 East Coast Road Singapore 428768

Rabbit Carrot Gun, Marina One 5 Straits View, #01-20 Singapore 018935

jw5

Loyal

Riders Cafe​

a house with trees in the background

Image source: Facebook / Riders Cafe
With operating hours starting as early as 8am, Riders Cafe is one of the best breakfast cafe spots in Singapore for a good cup of Joe and delicious contemporary comfort food.

Drop the kids at school then drop by at this homey coffee shop in the almost untouched area at Bukit Timah.

Take a break for a while and enjoy a steaming coffee at the relaxing space at Riders Cafe with dishes made from quality fresh ingredients.

jw5

Loyal

Sarnies​

AANpVPS.img

Image source: Facebook / Sarnies
This is the best breakfast and brunch cafe in Singapore to get your own Aussie style grub made with all things fresh. Indulge in a hearty morning meal at Sarnies with a cup of freshly roasted in-house coffee.

Aside from their yummy beverages, you can enjoy delicious morning meals including Bacon & Egg Sarnie, Breakfast Wrap, Avocado Toast With Eggs and Acai Breakfast Bowl.

jw5

Loyal

Tiong Bahru Bakery​

a plate of food on a table

Image source: Facebook / Tiong Bahru Bakery
Open as early as 7.30am, start off your day early at Tiong Bahru Bakery where they have a yummy assortment of bakes and beverages. Enjoy a warm loaf of a croissant with your macchiato or maybe Kouign-amann with a cup of tea.

This is one of the best breakfast cafe spots in Singapore to satisfy your stomach and have you energised as well as active for the day ahead.

jw5

Loyal

Toby’s Estate​

a cup of coffee on a table

Image source: Facebook / Toby’s Estate
Dedicated to serving the best coffee to their customers, Toby’s Estate is where you can have a delectable breakfast with some of the best riverside views in Singapore.

Their locations open pretty early in the morning and they also have kid-friendly eateries to bring the whole family along for brunch during the weekends.

jw5

Loyal

Wildseed Cafe​

a plate of food on a table: best breakfast cafe in singapore

© Provided by The Asian Parent best breakfast cafe in singapore
Image source: Wildseed Cafe website
Not only is Wildseed Cafe one of the best breakfast cafe spots in Singapore, but it’s also the best place to bring your pet with you as it is a pet-friendly floral cafe.

At this coffee shop, you can hit many birds with one stone: for you can drop off the kids, take your dog out for a walk, and also enjoy a good cup of coffee.

The cafe serves freshly-roasted coffee, floral cakes and pastries. You can also order a hearty brunch during the weekends with the whole family!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

@plzhelpme .... for ur gluttony pleasures. :wink:

Seri Muslim Food @ 399 Food Court • Taman Jurong Shopping Centre • Hidden Gem Nasi Lemak Better than Some Famous Brands​

1633484758006.png

Stumbled upon this queue inside 399 Food Court while stalking Taman Jurong Shopping Centre for good food. Not sure what the stall was about but I quickly got in line anyway, before the queue got longer.

1633484800967.png

1633484816609.png

The queue moved rather fast. I reached the front within 10 minutes. There's all the usual Malay / Indonesian staples of mee siam, mee rebus, lontong, gado gado, nasi lemak, nasi campur, etc. They also have dry mee siam and their mee goreng looked enticing.

1633484846816.png

1633484876324.png

The mee rebus was indeed delicious. The thick heavy sauce was spicy, savoury and sweet with prominent taste of tau cheo or fermented soy bean. But, there was no grago or fermented shrimp which would make it perfect for me

There's a lot of noodles for $2.50 and plenty of tasty spicy, savoury, sweet sauce to go with it. The spiciness was quite sharp.

Then, Richard added: ".... add paru (Indonesian for lung), if available.. .".

Alamak, now then say, I thought to myself.

I actually spotted the beef lungs earlier but didn't order it as I couldn't tell if they were over fried till they become chewy and tasteless (like at some other places).

1633484974507.png

The queue was easing just as I finished my plate of mee rebus. I jumped up, returned my tray to the collection point and quickly rejoined the queue

1633485011997.png

This time I got nasi lemak and added paru (those dark pieces at bottom right). The default for nasi lemak set is a fried chicken wing but I requested to switch that to fried ikan kuning which makcik kindly obliged. $3 for nasi lemak set and 50 cents for paru (fried beef lung).

1633485040445.png

Oh... Seri Muslim Food's coconut milk rice is good! Made with jasmine rice and some chipped grains, it had just the right moistness and I like its tender nutty texture. Its coconut milk fragrance was quite pronounced, reminding me of kueh pulut.

I like this better than the few famous brand nasi lemak rice that I recently tasted.

The sambal was spicy with pronounced anchovy umami savouriness and a mild sweetness from onions.

1633485072179.png

The ikan kuning were lightly battered and spiced with turmeric then fried to a crisp outside.

1633485098739.png

The ikan kuning was tender and moist inside. A bit of fish sweetness but it was cold

The fried egg was not the runny type which I like but at least it was not 101% cooked through like those at some famous brands.

Richard was so right about the paru here. It was spongy, soft yet still had a subtle crunch to the bite. It tasted savoury with a hint of spice and sweetness. This paru is good with rice and mee rebus!

Eat until head and tail also gone

Tasting only the mee rebus and nasi lemak, and judging from the constant long queue, Seri Muslim Food is a good place for tasty Malay / Indonesian food at affordable prices. My meal today costs $6 - $2.50 for the mee rebus, $3 for the nasi lemak and 50 cents for paru.

I shall be back for the other dishes. I am thinking of their gado gado, dry mee siam, lontong, mee goreng, etc.

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2021/10/seri-muslim-food-399-food-court-taman.html

jw5

Loyal
Where To Dabao Dimsum In Singapore

1. Red House Seafood​

It is one of the favoured local places for dim sums in Singapore. If you are in a mood for a fancy dim sum feast, then head over to this place. The lunch buffet boasts more than 50 items that are valid for a one-time order.

Can’t miss: Chilli crab bun, BBQ Pork Char Siew Crispy Bun.

Also, alongside the speciality dim sums, look out for dishes like Salted Egg Calamari, Pumpkin Crayfish and Deluxe Seafood Fried Rice.

Pocket pinch:

Dim sum buffet price | Weekday

• Adult: $36.80
  • Child (4 years to 11 years): 19.80
Dim sum buffet price | Weekend

• Adult: $42.80
  • Child: $22.80
Address: 68 Prinsep Street, Singapore 188661, Call: (+65) 6442 311

jw5

Loyal

2. Madame Fan​

Madame Fan is a fine-dining Chinese restaurant helmed by the restaurateur, Alan Yau (the man behind the famous Hakkasan). The low-lit striking red and black dining rooms enhances its intimate appeal, which is its highlight.

Can’t miss: During the week, the dim sum lunch is served and includes Siew Long Bao and Scallop Shumai, alongside aromatic duck, and pancake.

Pocket pinch:

• Cocktail weekend dim sum brunch at $78 per person.
Address: 32 Beach Road, The NCO Club, Singapore 189764, Call: (+65) 68181921

jw5

Loyal

3. Peach Garden​

The original Peach Garden is at Novena Gardens (since 2002), but now more branches have opened up. The place offers dim sum lunch at 50 per cent off some items.

Can’t miss: People visit Peach Garden for high tea between 3-5 pm for their dim sum buffet promotion!

Pocket pinch:

• $38 per person on weekdays and $42 on weekends
Address: Located at multiple places in Singapore, Call: (+65) 6451 3233

jw5

Loyal

4. Cherry Garden​

This fabulous place offers modern Cantonese cuisine. It has been designed in keeping with Feng Shui principles.

Can’t miss: Steamed juicy pork, steamed kurobuta char siew in fluffy bao and crispy wasabi-aioli prawns with fresh mango.

Pocket pinch (Dim sum buffet price)

• Adult: $68
  • Kids from 7 to 11 years: $40
  • Kids under six years: Free
Address: 5 Raffles Ave, Singapore 039801, Call: (+65) 6885 3538

EatTillDrop

Alfrescian
Loyal

Riders Cafe​

a house with trees in the background

Image source: Facebook / Riders Cafe
With operating hours starting as early as 8am, Riders Cafe is one of the best breakfast cafe spots in Singapore for a good cup of Joe and delicious contemporary comfort food.

Drop the kids at school then drop by at this homey coffee shop in the almost untouched area at Bukit Timah.

Take a break for a while and enjoy a steaming coffee at the relaxing space at Riders Cafe with dishes made from quality fresh ingredients.

Are you listing cafes? I love this place, you can check it out
https://www.burgernbacon.com/post/wanderlust-at-east-coast-commune

Reactions: jw5

EatTillDrop

Alfrescian
Loyal

@plzhelpme .... for ur gluttony pleasures. :wink:

Seri Muslim Food @ 399 Food Court • Taman Jurong Shopping Centre • Hidden Gem Nasi Lemak Better than Some Famous Brands​

View attachment 124393

Stumbled upon this queue inside 399 Food Court while stalking Taman Jurong Shopping Centre for good food. Not sure what the stall was about but I quickly got in line anyway, before the queue got longer.

View attachment 124394

View attachment 124395

The queue moved rather fast. I reached the front within 10 minutes. There's all the usual Malay / Indonesian staples of mee siam, mee rebus, lontong, gado gado, nasi lemak, nasi campur, etc. They also have dry mee siam and their mee goreng looked enticing.

View attachment 124396

View attachment 124397

The mee rebus was indeed delicious. The thick heavy sauce was spicy, savoury and sweet with prominent taste of tau cheo or fermented soy bean. But, there was no grago or fermented shrimp which would make it perfect for me

There's a lot of noodles for $2.50 and plenty of tasty spicy, savoury, sweet sauce to go with it. The spiciness was quite sharp.

Then, Richard added: ".... add paru (Indonesian for lung), if available.. .".

Alamak, now then say, I thought to myself.

I actually spotted the beef lungs earlier but didn't order it as I couldn't tell if they were over fried till they become chewy and tasteless (like at some other places).

View attachment 124398

The queue was easing just as I finished my plate of mee rebus. I jumped up, returned my tray to the collection point and quickly rejoined the queue

View attachment 124399

This time I got nasi lemak and added paru (those dark pieces at bottom right). The default for nasi lemak set is a fried chicken wing but I requested to switch that to fried ikan kuning which makcik kindly obliged. $3 for nasi lemak set and 50 cents for paru (fried beef lung).

View attachment 124400

Oh... Seri Muslim Food's coconut milk rice is good! Made with jasmine rice and some chipped grains, it had just the right moistness and I like its tender nutty texture. Its coconut milk fragrance was quite pronounced, reminding me of kueh pulut.

I like this better than the few famous brand nasi lemak rice that I recently tasted.

The sambal was spicy with pronounced anchovy umami savouriness and a mild sweetness from onions.

View attachment 124401

The ikan kuning were lightly battered and spiced with turmeric then fried to a crisp outside.

View attachment 124402

The ikan kuning was tender and moist inside. A bit of fish sweetness but it was cold

The fried egg was not the runny type which I like but at least it was not 101% cooked through like those at some famous brands.

Richard was so right about the paru here. It was spongy, soft yet still had a subtle crunch to the bite. It tasted savoury with a hint of spice and sweetness. This paru is good with rice and mee rebus!

Eat until head and tail also gone

Tasting only the mee rebus and nasi lemak, and judging from the constant long queue, Seri Muslim Food is a good place for tasty Malay / Indonesian food at affordable prices. My meal today costs $6 - $2.50 for the mee rebus, $3 for the nasi lemak and 50 cents for paru.

I shall be back for the other dishes. I am thinking of their gado gado, dry mee siam, lontong, mee goreng, etc.

https://johorkaki.blogspot.com/2021/10/seri-muslim-food-399-food-court-taman.html
Thanks for sharing! Too far for me. These are the ones I like in the east side https://www.burgernbacon.com/post/best-nasi-lemak-in-the-east-of-singapore

EatTillDrop

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where To Dabao These Hawker Food Dishes In Singapore

14. Carrot Cake

118219_800x.jpg

Image credit: Steel Wool
No carrot is involved in the making of the carrot cake, also known as chai tow kway. This dish was introduced to Singapore by the Teochew immigrants and was formerly known as char kueh (fried rice cake). Carrot cake comprises rice flour and white radish which are steamed then cut into cubes. These cubes are then stir-fried with eggs, garlic, chai poh (preserved radish) and light or black soya sauce. Don’t be fooled by how it looks – the flavourful carrot cake is one you won’t forget!

Where to find Carrot Cake:

Song Zhou Luo Bo Gao:
207 New Upper Changi Rd, Singapore 460207

Fried Carrot Cake @ Clementi Food Centre: Block 448 Clementi Ave 3 #01-45 Singapore 120448

Fu Ming Cooked Food: 85 Redhill Ln, Singapore 150085
Hmmm…our list is very different https://www.burgernbacon.com/post/local-delight-top-5-picks-fried-carrot-cake-either-black-or-white

jw5

Loyal

5. Jade at Fullerton​

This restaurant never fails to offer diners authentic Chinese cuisine with exceptional quality, taste, and unforgettable hospitality.

Can’t miss: You must try the dim sum meal and buffets at Jade.

Pocket pinch:

• $52 for a multi-course dim sum meal with soup and other courses like wok-fried rice and salted egg.
  • Dim sum buffets at $55 per person (minimum two) during the weekends.
Address: 1 Fullerton Square Singapore 049178, Call: (+65) 6733 8388