• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rolex Submariner 116610LN - Full Review ONE whole HOUR!

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
K.N.N.

This ROLEX should suits @sweetiepie Unker.

Me nephew prefer :

-
Carrera 02T Tourbillon Chronograph Automatic Black Dial Men's Watch :

tag.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subs are over-rated, everyone's made a homage of it, and fakes are everywhere. For something different, still classy with a better spec and a lower price, try the Tudor Pelagos.

It’s like a Lexus RX vs Toyota Harrier
They are essentially the same car with different badges and trim

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Submariner is overrated and overpriced with a glorified ETA movement. Gimme a 90s Breitling Blackbird Chronomat anytime. I can use that watch to crack someone's skull besides telling time.

CzgWHB6.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Thinking of getting the 39mm Perpetual (no date) with white or dark rhodium face.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Subs are over-rated, everyone's made a homage of it, and fakes are everywhere. For something different, still classy with a better spec and a lower price, try the Tudor Pelagos.

The older model was identical to the Rolex Submariner. Almost bought one when it was more affordable at approx SGD1800 in the early 2000s but end up with a Breitling Aerospace because I was very fascinated with a fully titanium watch.

b_s_w-536_tudor_7090_submariner_12_1200x1200.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It's not that big in person. 44mm is considered average when you have crazy size like 48mm from Panerai.

It's wearable but no longer looks elegant when it's too chunky. Instead of blending with the wrist it looks like a clock has been strapped on.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It’s like a Lexus RX vs Toyota Harrier
They are essentially the same car with different badges and trim

Tudor used to buy the movement from 3rd party suppliers. It never had the Rolex internals but it used Rolex cases. It was for this reason that the brand did not become a collector's item.

Tudor now make their own movements and they are on a marketing blitz with David Beckham, Lady Gaga etc becoming ambassadors. They may yet make the grade. Prices are inching up too and are now in the same ballpark as the Rolex equivalent.

However if you want appreciation over time it's still better to get a Rolex.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
BTW nobody needs a watch anymore as your phone displays the most accurate time.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The older model was identical to the Rolex Submariner. Almost bought one when it was more affordable at approx SGD1800 in the early 2000s but end up with a Breitling Aerospace because I was very fascinated with a fully titanium watch.

View attachment 86581
Yes, now the Tudor subs are very collectible. Wish I had bought one too, late 90s early 2000s. Tudor has moved out of being a more affordable version of Rolex, came out with the black bay and the pelagos. Their own designs, featuring in-house movements.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The old submariner looked far better. The new one does not blend in with the bracelet because it is too wide.