• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched............

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times are bad.........
A friend working in a SME are going for 4 days week.....kena asked to take leave, those without leave, asked to take unpaid leave, maybe 2 to 3 months it will last depending on the situation.
Another friend, an engineer, pay cut, 20%.....MNC. If slow down continues, maybe pink slip by year end. He is very worried as he is sole breadwinner, with 2 children still in secondary school.

Anybody here knows somebody that has been retrenched recently.......
Understand job market is bad too.
Was having dim sum today and noticed the crowd are pretty thin......sianz.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Who did they vote for?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Times are bad.........
A friend working in a SME are going for 4 days week.....kena asked to take leave, those without leave, asked to take unpaid leave, maybe 2 to 3 months it will last depending on the situation.
Another friend, an engineer, pay cut, 20%.....MNC. If slow down continues, maybe pink slip by year end. He is very worried as he is sole breadwinner, with 2 children still in secondary school.

You friends sound like they are losers. Most of my friends have reported that either life is good as usual, or they have gotten pay raises and more business. How else do you think PAP can get 70% of the electoral votes? Vote-buying has limited effect if the economy goes downhill.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cashflow of poor vs middle class vs wealthy.

im probably richer than ur friend,im in my twenties with little or no liabitlities.while ur friend has two kids,a wife and mortgage and credit cards and car loan and utilities to pay.

Jack Ma: If you’re still poor at 35, you deserve it!

ur friend is clearly one of the fucktards 70 percent,hope PAP and SG50 and FTs give ur loser friend a good fucking through and through.cmon FTs retrench more fucktard sinkies!!!

qYuDqHL.png

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haven't heard of retrenchment but there are shorter work weeks, another friend also 20% pay cut. both are from amercian manufacturing.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times are bad.........

Can afford to eat dim sum at whatever restaurant, situation can not be so bad, or like most people, out there living on 'borrowed time' & living a life beyond their means. I remember, back when, my company was in that state of announcing the inventible....won't dare even to peek into any restaurant...it was hawkers food...

Can eat dim sum in restaurant , no need to worry lah!..when parliament reopens...the one you voted for or may not have voted for....will be taking good care of you!:rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can afford to eat dim sum at whatever restaurant, situation can not be so bad, or like most people, out there living on 'borrowed time' & living a life beyond their means. I remember, back when, my company was in that state of announcing the inventible....won't dare even to peek into any restaurant...it was hawkers food...

Can eat dim sum in restaurant , no need to worry lah!..when parliament reopens...the one you voted for or may not have voted for....will be taking good care of you!:rolleyes:

Tightening is just the beginning.
Brought the old folks for dim sum, through friend intro, 50% discount during lunch, even on weekend.

Anyway, was just talking to one of them over the phone, seems their company is making some announcement later in the day.

Not sure what is happening as he said. All the employees in the company very kan Cheong........

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tightening is just the beginning.
Brought the old folks for dim sum, through friend intro, 50% discount during lunch, even on weekend.

Anyway, was just talking to one of them over the phone, seems their company is making some announcement later in the day.

Not sure what is happening as he said. All the employees in the company very kan Cheong........

which company, may i ask?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times are bad.........

Everyone I know are working with good salary except me.
I wish my employer implement shorter work week , best being 22 hrs/week. Instead they force me to work overtime. Even is paid ot I am not keen at all becos the rate is low with my type of salary.

steveaustin316

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone I know are working with good salary except me.
I wish my employer implement shorter work week , best being 22 hrs/week. Instead they force me to work overtime. Even is paid ot I am not keen at all becos the rate is low with my type of salary.
But yet, you can still afford to buy $3K handbag.
i Envy you.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
cashflow of poor vs middle class vs wealthy.

im probably richer than ur friend,im in my twenties with little or no liabitlities.while ur friend has two kids,a wife and mortgage and credit cards and car loan and utilities to pay.

Jack Ma: If you’re still poor at 35, you deserve it!

ur friend is clearly one of the fucktards 70 percent,hope PAP and SG50 and FTs give ur loser friend a good fucking through and through.cmon FTs retrench more fucktard sinkies!!!

qYuDqHL.png

I've mentioned in another thread that sinkies are mostly in debts. nowadays average mortgage debts = 400k > .

back in 1997 only private housing people got burned but now it seems that hdb people are not spared. :eek:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Times are bad in China too. I was in Shanghai recently. Aiyoh, the wholesale markets catering to small vendors were so quiet. That place is always packed, but not this time.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
haven't heard of retrenchment but there are shorter work weeks, another friend also 20% pay cut. both are from amercian manufacturing.

the proper term is short timing...... to ride out the storm mostly caused by PAP incompetence

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
You friends sound like they are losers. Most of my friends have reported that either life is good as usual, or they have gotten pay raises and more business. How else do you think PAP can get 70% of the electoral votes? Vote-buying has limited effect if the economy goes downhill.

Either you are a liar or you are a liar.