• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Putting On A Front

jw5

Loyal
Be your own boss.... that way you can be yourself...
But it's not only at work isn't it?
Even if you are your own boss but if you having an affair behind your wife, family and friends' backs, you have to put on a front right?

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pia is right. Putting on a front is very tiring and most of the time this facade can be seen through just like our MIW putting on a front that they are Div 1 but most of us here know they are worse than Div 3.

It's better to be oneself and that excludes dressing up correctly for the occassion which is something else altogether.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
when facing a formiable opponent, i will pretend to be drunk..

then when he is down on his guards, i will use my drunken fist on him.. KO..:rolleyes:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could also be tiger at home and mouse at work. ..social norms decide your facade, but do you envision a day where you can throw away all the social norms and facades?
Pia, jw5 >> Way I see it (sorry, if seems blinkered to you), the 2 can be distinct:

1. You are YOU.
2. Front -social, cultural norms.

Point being, the REAL you comes through. Can't keep up front all of the time, unless you are living a double life.

As for social, cultural norms -few examples, not limited to what ails us in these parts. Face thingy, bamboo curtain.. Just my humble view, so pls excuse my non-cerebral piece

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you find yourself putting on a front very often in life?
Where do you put on a front most often? In the workplace? At home with the wife or parents? With friends and acquaintances?
Would you like to lead a life where you don't need to put on a front and just be who you are or how you feel? How can you achieve that?

Why you ask?

Can't really blame the peasants who behaved like this...afterall, the Pappies are the ones who started the whole FRONTAL SHOW going and every 5 years or so, they will put up a BIG SHOW, just to stay in power and 'show that they're nice'!:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pia is right. Putting on a front is very tiring and most of the time this facade can be seen through just like our MIW putting on a front that they are Div 1 but most of us here know they are worse than Div 3.

It's better to be oneself and that excludes dressing up correctly for the occassion which is something else altogether.

What can you do about it beside writing it here? You are so full of distrust and dissatisfaction towards the MIW. Which i think is understandable based on how the sinkie govt works.

What do you think a sensible citizen would do?

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can you do about it beside writing it here? You are so full of distrust and dissatisfaction towards the MIW. Which i think is understandable based on how the sinkie govt works.

Pretent to be compliant and then leave the country at first opportunity to another country! :biggrin: No sense staying on board a sinking vessel. :biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
also got some who pretend to be expatriates or what..

but actually is just 2nd class people in other countries..:biggrin:

i got some relatives like that one..:biggrin:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you not also full of distrust and dissatisfaction towards the MIW? If you profess to think you really understand, what gives?

I did my fair share by being one of those who voted out the PAP in my constituency and I encourage other like minded people here to do the same. This leads me to ask you the following questions:

1. Are you a Singaporean?
2. If you are, have you reached the voting age?
3. If the answer to questions 1 and 2 are afirmative, what then do you think you need to do as a sensible citizen, besides writing here, insulting the rest of Singaporeans?