• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Putting On A Front

jw5

Loyal
Do you find yourself putting on a front very often in life?
Where do you put on a front most often? In the workplace? At home with the wife or parents? With friends and acquaintances?
Would you like to lead a life where you don't need to put on a front and just be who you are or how you feel? How can you achieve that?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Where do you put on a front most often? In the workplace? At home with the wife or parents? With friends and acquaintances?
Would you like to lead a life where you don't need to put on a front and just be who you are or how you feel? How can you achieve that?

:biggrin: i'm mostly myself, only when i come to the girl whom i truly fancy, either my tongue gets tied up or i start doing silly things... :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I put up a front in this forum. In real life, I'm a very nice humble guy. In this forum, I'm awful. :wink:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...In the workplace? At home with the wife or parents? With friends and acquaintances?...and just be who you are or how you feel?
Like dr jekyll and hide? Tiger at work and mouse at home?:wink:

Social norms sometimes dictate our facade. But I guess we shd 1st be comfortable with ourselves. Only caveat is there's always room for change aka improvement:p

david

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putting on a front aka wayang.

What to do? I have to wayang in front of my boss. Go home wayang in front of wife :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
:biggrin: i'm mostly myself, only when i come to the girl whom i truly fancy, either my tongue gets tied up or i start doing silly things... :biggrin:
But that's not putting on a front. :smile:
Putting on a front is being someone you are not or trying to appear a certain way which is not the way you are feeling or thinking.
Fumbling in front of the girl you fancy is as real as it gets.............. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Like dr jekyll and hide? Tiger at work and mouse at home?:wink:

Social norms sometimes dictate our facade. But I guess we shd 1st be comfortable with ourselves. Only caveat is there's always room for change aka improvement:p
It could also be tiger at home and mouse at work. :smile:
It may be that social norms decide your facade, but do you envision a day where you can throw away all the social norms and facades?

jw5

Loyal
Putting on a front aka wayang.

What to do? I have to wayang in front of my boss. Go home wayang in front of wife :biggrin:
Why do you need to wayang in front of the wife?
Do you have a mistress or girlfriend on the side? :smile:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ask doctor to put up front for my sons as sickly teenagers to fool SAF as plan A while traning them to win table tennis olympics gold as Canadian citizens as plan B.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really not necessary... once you put on a front, assuming that's not the real you, are you going to live with this lie for the rest of your life? Tiring, isn't it?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can try putting on slippers and t shirt and shorts at the office and the see if you get promotion or the sack the next hour.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I put up front when I go to church so He can see that I am a good guy

( Why my Points so low? Please Up me OK! )

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be your own boss.... that way you can be yourself...

jw5

Loyal
Really not necessary... once you put on a front, assuming that's not the real you, are you going to live with this lie for the rest of your life? Tiring, isn't it?
pia
It may be tiring but most people consider necessary in life, especially in the work place.
Some people do it at home when they have something to hide from their wives or families, e.g. an affair, or a nasty habit like gambling, drinking, or even drug taking.
I assume you are yourself always even at work? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I put up front when I go to church so He can see that I am a good guy

( Why my Points so low? Please Up me OK! )
1. HE will know that you are putting on a front. :smile:

2. You should be more concerned about your salvation than your points here. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
One has no choice but to put up a front if one wanna survive especially if one is a coolie....:o
True, but does there come a time where you say that you have enough of putting on a front and break away from being a hypocritical coolie? :smile: