• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Useless Is Your Degree?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know someone with just an ITE cert who's making about $10K every month being a self-employed locksmith. No overheads and he gets around on a motorbike. How many graduates with degrees getting $10K a month?
his hourly rate or per session rate must be damn high!

Sinkiesuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jihu Kia and ceca best la apply pr around age 25 don't need serve NS liao and also part of the employment quota.

liamricci

Alfrescian
Loyal
It feels like the last degree was completely useless, but I’m determined to make a fresh start. I’m going to pursue another degree in hopes that this time will be different and more rewarding. Thankfully, I’ve found valuable support through https://academized.com/write-my-thesis. Their help with writing my papers has been a game-changer, enabling me to balance my academic pursuits with my job and family life

Last edited:

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any fucked up papers carried by CECA cockroach worth much much more than even a cheebye PhD from Stinkapore uni

Nevermind how the fuck CECA got it.

1724549072406.jpeg

1724549089808.jpeg

1724549111310.jpeg

They be given jobs and position over that of Sinkaporeans

LOOK AT THAT EX CEO OF DBS
FROM A CHEEBYE 6TH RATED UNI OF BOMBAY AND BEFORE HE WAS SACKED, GETTING MILLIONS PER YEAR AND SOURCE OF CECA COCKROACHES INTO DBS

BECAUSE SINKAPOREANS GONG GONG AND STUPID TO VOTE AND VOTE MIWS IN

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are far too many graduates. The country needs just a few. The rest up to o level more than enough. Going to university for msny is a waste of time as jobs will differ from what was learned. Better to start at a younger age by apprenticeship. Learn the job at work. And earn a crrtificate if it involves skill such as culinary, carpentry, machining, metal working, brick laying, piping etc.
According to the Manpower Ministry, less than 1/2 of S'porean and PR PMEs who lost their jobs, are able to secure employment within 6 months. This is notably lower than the national average of 57% for both white and blue collar workers combined. The data clearly shows that a university degree or professional qualifications may not make our jobs more secure than those of our counterparts in the lower rungs.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many way to make $$$ Degree is just one of the way 6th G 无敌天地网 is another Many also cheong Housing Agents
Even among the out-of-work PMEs who managed to re-enter the workforce, most of them who were previously in senior management found new jobs that did not commensurate with their paper qualifications, skill levels and last drawn salaries. In fact, scores of highly qualified professionals who spent years climbing the corporate ladder, routinely lament that they are deemed over-qualified for most vacancies they apply for, after they were retrenched.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A degree from an unknown university will still pay a handsum sum if you know the people at to top of the business circle or some poleetician.
If you cum from a poor familee background then you need to work extra hard and longer hours.
It is not how much we know, but who we know that enables us to climb the corporate ladder.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even among the out-of-work PMEs who managed to re-enter the workforce, most of them who were previously in senior management found new jobs that did not commensurate with their paper qualifications, skill levels and last drawn salaries. In fact, scores of highly qualified professionals who spent years climbing the corporate ladder, routinely lament that they are deemed over-qualified for most vacancies they apply for, after they were retrenched.
Problem ish ... many make big investment a decade ago...some are still carrying quite some debts (minimum 200k). Some are busy offloading their satik investment at cut throat price in a buyer maket. It is not easy at all.

Heng Heng , moi admit moi is salted veg life and too saw hei to huat big big and missed the Investment Huat Huat Ferry Boat ride.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a difference between technical skills, marketable skills, life skills and education....singkies disdain technical skills because it's hands on physical job...must do office work as it's more high class
it’s a lie instituted by the Brits, and proliferated by the fake ang moh Lee Kar Yew

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The value of a degree has gone down since they have become all too common with almost 1/2 the workforce comprising of university grads.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The value of a degree has gone down since they have become all too common with almost 1/2 the workforce comprising of university grads.
With AI and Robotic, human participation in Value Added Supply Chain will drop...more shakeout ahead

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunset Industry?
AI seem to targer this industry

Young punks these days still have the mindset that if you get a good degree, you'll get a good stable job that will pay you reasonably well. Thanks to our fuck up education system. These mother fuckers will be in for a rude shock later on in life.