• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poodle: Mischief 'Hard to Investigate'. Jiat Liao Bee Till Like This!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Car vandalised, elderly driver must pay $2,000
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->ONE evening last month, my husband and I were alerted by the police that my car was badly damaged by someone who had thrown something onto it.
We checked our car in the HDB carpark and found the roof caved in and the rear windscreen smashed. We found a burst red balloon on the back seat of the car. Shattered glass and water were scattered inside and over the boot.
The police photographed the damage and collected evidence. After we lodged a report, the police told us that the case, classified under 'mischief', would be hard to investigate as there were common corridors above in the HDB block.
Subsequently, I took my car to my insurer's AIG-approved workshop to file a claim and have the damage assessed and repaired. I was told to pay $550 in excess. But what shocked me was that I was told to pay $2,000 more because I was classified as an elderly driver.
I appealed to the AIG officer on the phone to waive the $2,000 charge because I was not driving the car when the damage occurred. The car was vandalised while it was parked in an HDB car-park.
AIG offered me the use of a car for 10 days but insisted that the excess fee of $2,000 could not be waived. I refused the offer and appealed again. My appeal was rejected. The AIG officer who dealt with my case told me that $2,000 charge could not be waived because I was old.
Is this fair? Wong Wan Yue (Mdm)