• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plz advice if i should buy dis car

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skip mclaren. Brake is so hard I have to use so much strength to step it. Steering wheel so stiff I must turn so hard then it can move..

It does resemble most European makes' vehicles, such as BMW brand - adherence to safety standards. The insignificant nobody me apologize as I had never driven the McLaren sports car before, nor have any desire to do so as I am not into such form of box on 4 wheels.

The correct way to brake a car is NOT to step hard on the brakes when a vehicle is moving at high speeds, as thru Newtonian force in motion science, many things can happen, vehicle skidding, drifting when even when handbrakes is applied, etc. The correct way is tap the brakes to slow down the vehicle.

However, not many will apply this when in a moment of danger, & thus ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) was formed. It AUTOMATICALLY adjusts the correct braking procedure to slow down the vehicle. And if applied with using Brembo brake pads, one would be in safe hands, as that's how a car should be - to keep passengers & pedestrian safe.

As for stiff steering wheel, it is also a safety standard. BMW uses Power Assisted Steering, & not Power Steering that is found in most other car producing nations' cars.

The purpose is for road handling. Should the steering be so smooth & light, as high speeds every second count, such may throw the vehicle into a dangerous tailspin on roads. Thus for power assisted steering, it may seem stiff but every second & speed had been calculated, to ensure safety to driver & other road uses.

On a whim, I drove my BMW, which is in original make condition & has no local garage modifications, along an S curve at Bt Timah PIE, at err...90km/hr in the quiet hrs of morning where there is little traffic, ....perhaps slightly higher speed...& it hugs the lane well, thanks to the power assisted steering system, as well as it low gravity profile, & is not something I would recommend others to do so with other brands...

Ultimately, a box on 4 wheels is for convenience, to get to one point to another, amongst many other necessary uses, & thus, like many here, will have to base their purchase on safety first & reliability.

I would go for sturdily made EV cars, in support for our environment issues, but not at this stage as EV tech still have FAR MORE to progress & evolve than the ones presented for sale today... How can I save the environment thru my support when I cannot save myself to be alive using current EV tech, proven by EV horrific dependence on a an LCD screen for controls which takes away focus on the road, & worse - its battery system catching fire?

Just to add:-

I have NO ties to BMW on any level, but only to share experiences. I have better biz acquaintance with the board of directors of McLarens Singapore. However, as a car is just a box on 4 wheels, it is my personal choice based upon pragmatism. On a personal level, I would have preferred an Audi or a Volvo like many whom live in Europe whom had chose, but as I live a busy lifestyle, I have no time to wait for car parts, as no car, like Human, more so machines, would fail from time to time. & found that those brand distributors had issues suppling parts, more than what BMW in Singapore could easily resolve in quick time.....

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It does resemble most European makes' vehicles, such as BMW brand - adherence to safety standards. The insignificant nobody me apologize as I had never driven the McLaren sports car before, nor have any desire to do so as I am not into such form of box on 4 wheels.

The correct way to brake a car is NOT to step hard on the brakes when a vehicle is moving at high speeds, as thru Newtonian force in motion science, many things can happen, vehicle skidding, drifting when even when handbrakes is applied, etc. The correct way is tap the brakes to slow down the vehicle.

However, not many will apply this when in a moment of danger, & thus ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) was formed. It AUTOMATICALLY adjusts the correct braking procedure to slow down the vehicle. And if applied with using Brembo brake pads, one would be in safe hands, as that's how a car should be - to keep passengers & pedestrian safe.

As for stiff steering wheel, it is also a safety standard. BMW uses Power Assisted Steering, & not Power Steering that is found in most other car producing nations' cars.

The purpose is for road handling. Should the steering be so smooth & light, as high speeds every second count, such may throw the vehicle into a dangerous tailspin on roads. Thus for power assisted steering, it may seem stiff but every second & speed had been calculated, to ensure safety to driver & other road uses.

On a whim, I drove my BMW, which is in original make condition & has no local garage modifications, along an S curve at Bt Timah PIE, at err...90km/hr in the quiet hrs of morning where there is little traffic, ....perhaps slightly higher speed...& it hugs the lane well, thanks to the power assisted steering system, as well as it low gravity profile, & is not something I would recommend others to do so with other brands...

Ultimately, a box on 4 wheels is for convenience, to get to one point to another, amongst many other necessary uses, & thus, like many here, will have to base their purchase on safety first & reliability.

I would go for sturdily made EV cars, in support for our environment issues, but not at this stage as EV tech still have FAR MORE to progress & evolve than the ones presented for sale today... How can I save the environment thru my support when I cannot save myself to be alive using current EV tech, proven by EV horrific dependence on a an LCD screen for controls which takes away focus on the road, & worse - its battery system catching fire?

I have NO ties to BMW on any level, but only to share experiences. I have better biz acquaintance with the board of directors of McLarens Singapore. However, as a car is just a box on 4 wheels, it is my personal choice based upon pragmatism. On a personal level, I would have preferred an Audi or a Volvo like many whom live in Europe whom had chose, but as I live a busy lifestyle, I have no time to wait for car parts, as no car, like Human, more so machines, would fail from time to time. & found that those brand distributors had issues suppling parts, more than what BMW in Singapore could easily resolve in quick time.....
Bro, what kind of lau ya car u have. My Subie WRX easily take corners at 120km or more and tracks like its on rails. Take corner at 90kph is nothing lah. a Kia can do it.

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just bought a Tesla Cyber Truck, not bad.
giphy.gif

jurongkechil

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I start the car. The sound so loud like thunder...

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, what kind of lau ya car u have. My Subie WRX easily take corners at 120km or more and tracks like its on rails. Take corner at 90kph is nothing lah. a Kia can do it.

The insignificant nobody me is never into race models in Singapore, as there are far too many traffic lights, cameras mounted on lamp posts & even speed traps. As the saying goes, speed thrills, but kills....thus, thru pragmatism, safety, reliability & value for hard earned money's worth, I chose something better to suit my needs in Singapore.

Subaru WRX is a racing built car, but ultimately, it's engine lays with BMW tech - Boxter engine, flat four, which it pays to BMW royalties for such tech engine usage & design. It was meant to compete against the best selling drift car among Japanese makes - Mitsubishi Evo 9 back then, which is a far better rally car but discontinued....

I once had to entertain clients whom were enthusiastic about cars, & was invited to the Sepang race course Circuit in Malaysia. It was an organized event, that saw many different models of cars, conti & asian makes, including 2 subaru WRX taking to the tracks that day, for the proscribed 55mins of booked time.

On straights, the Lamborghini outran all makes. However, on curves, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 model & an England made Honda Civic Type R that led the pack. In the end, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 that won.

There were many other races on different days, which unfortunately I had little time for, but till this day, I often peruse if it was a case of driver skills or the performance of a car that won that race....