• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Plz advice if i should buy dis car

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me is never into race models in Singapore, as there are far too many traffic lights, cameras mounted on lamp posts & even speed traps. As the saying goes, speed thrills, but kills....thus, thru pragmatism, safety, reliability & value for hard earned money's worth, I chose something better to suit my needs in Singapore.

Subaru WRX is a racing built car, but ultimately, it's engine lays with BMW tech - Boxter engine, flat four, which it pays to BMW royalties for such tech engine usage & design. It was meant to compete against the best selling drift car among Japanese makes - Mitsubishi Evo 9 back then, which is a far better rally car but discontinued....

I once had to entertain clients whom were enthusiastic about cars, & was invited to the Sepang race course Circuit in Malaysia. It was an organized event, that saw many different models of cars, conti & asian makes, including 2 subaru WRX taking to the tracks that day, for the proscribed 55mins of booked time.

On straights, the Lamborghini outran all makes. However, on curves, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 model & an England made Honda Civic Type R that led the pack. In the end, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 that won.

There were many other races on different days, which unfortunately I had little time for, but till this day, I often peruse if it was a case of driver skills or the performance of a car that won that race....
Kia CANNOT take corners at 90km/h de

My Au Pok Impreza can outrun them at 80km/h at all big corners on expressway...of course , they pk me in dust on straight road

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The insignificant nobody me is never into race models in Singapore, as there are far too many traffic lights, cameras mounted on lamp posts & even speed traps. As the saying goes, speed thrills, but kills....thus, thru pragmatism, safety, reliability & value for hard earned money's worth, I chose something better to suit my needs in Singapore.

Subaru WRX is a racing built car, but ultimately, it's engine lays with BMW tech - Boxter engine, flat four, which it pays to BMW royalties for such tech engine usage & design. It was meant to compete against the best selling drift car among Japanese makes - Mitsubishi Evo 9 back then, which is a far better rally car but discontinued....

I once had to entertain clients whom were enthusiastic about cars, & was invited to the Sepang race course Circuit in Malaysia. It was an organized event, that saw many different models of cars, conti & asian makes, including 2 subaru WRX taking to the tracks that day, for the proscribed 55mins of booked time.

On straights, the Lamborghini outran all makes. However, on curves, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 model & an England made Honda Civic Type R that led the pack. In the end, it was the Mitsubishi Evo 9 that won.

There were many other races on different days, which unfortunately I had little time for, but till this day, I often peruse if it was a case of driver skills or the performance of a car that won that race....
I run my Subie in Malaysia. Not in SIngapore. There is no where to run it. Or risk getting caught. Malaysia is a totally different place. I have the means to buy any BMW 3 series. But to me, BMW is just a fat overweight pig now. That car needs to shave 250kg of it's weight.

MaximiLian

Alfrescian
Loyal
went 2 mercs centre 2 c c look look. ze evs r displayed on ze highest floor. :biggrin:

IMG-5002.jpg

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Li Ka-shing’s Luxury Mall Sits Empty as Chinese Spending Plunges​

Hong Kong’s prime shopping districts once commanded the highest rents in the world. Now they’re hollowing out as Chinese consumers disappear.

By Shirley Zhao
September 3, 2024 at 7:00 AM GMT+8
Save
In Hong Kong’s Tsim Sha Tsui district, the mock-classical 1881 Heritage mall used to lure queues of mainland Chinese tourists eager to shop at boutiques operated by brands such as Tiffany, Cartier and Chopard. Now it attracts neither crowds nor brands. Only three of the more than 30 units at the mall owned by billionaire Li Ka-shing’s CK Asset Holdings Ltd. are occupied, and its colonnaded courtyards are quiet.

On nearby Canton Road, a shop previously rented by Swatch Group AG’s Omega for about HK$7.5 million ($962,000) a month is leased to a bank for 80% less, according to real estate agents familiar with the deal. Over in Causeway Bay’s Russell Street, a Transformers-themed fast-food restaurant has taken the place of Burberry Plc. Its rent is 89% below the HK$8.8 million the British firm was forking out in 2019, the agents said, declining to be identified because the matter is private.
https://www.bloomberg.com/tips/

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone have any opinions on Mazda? Seems they are in partnership with Toyota...better quality than Toyota n better value?

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moi is a low ses man, cannot compare to atas towkay de woh

Never, EVER, belittle yourself, or accept ANY LABELS placed upon you by so called experts, as there are consensually NONE, even in the scientific world.

Humility is good, but the insignificant nobody me knows you are not what you are, from your various other threads, but only to present what you would rather prefer what others think you are... My respects, but this post is not meant for you, but for the many others reading this thread.

All Humans are born equal, as Humanity had realized thanks to the French revolution & birth of USA. It is only OPPORTUNITIES in life that separates us.

In Democracies with the Rule of Law that is paramount to provide EQUAL opportunities to all thru Elected legislatives in Parliament, opportunities in life lays within one's hand, to either work hard & smart to progress & evolve, or take the slow lane in life, & each comes with consequences in life, thus NONE should COMPLAIN about being left behind as it is only one's own choice.

Some may view with envy - a mere emotion, feeling - after evidently seeing others succeed in honest life, acquiring material goods, achievements, respect & charity work, but DO NOT realize the honest HARD WORK one has to put in to achieve dreams, less those whom are criminals & judged so in a Court of Law.

Some say it boils down to LUCK or born with a silver spoon. What is luck but only when Luck Is What Happens When Pragmatic Preparation Meets Opportunity?

Singapore Founding & Forefathers are a CLEAR example. They had NOTHING, but thru working hard & smart, had built a flourishing civilization that is envied & even attempted to be copied by others, even such as huge China during the late 80s.. Suzhou comes into mind for reference..

The best example for those facing middle ages, would be the founder of Genting Highlands. He was a mere shop owner selling hardware, but he had a vision, worked hard & smart, & only in his 60s did he realized his dreams of creating Genting Highlands in Malaysia - thus one is NEVER too old to realize dreams. It only needs the Virtues of what makes a Human successful in life, to live in eternity thru the lives that he/she had touched & inspired...

He too was only made of blood & flesh, & if he can succeed, why not you? Are excuses without acknowledging mistakes to correct them, a way of life to face one's own life failures?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nissan has gone down the dumps since it's now part of Renault...
nissan has stopped making the maxima and will likely end production of the altima and leaf in 2025 as demand in u.s. for sedans continue on a downward trend. majority of americans are buying suvs. the nissan rogue is competing well against mazda cx-5, toyota rav4, and honda crv. even corolla has an suv version, the cross.

Last edited: