• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pep Guardiola & Alex Ferguson meet in New York to discuss Man U succession plan

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pep Guardiola Reportedly Discusses Potential United Career with Sir Alex
<fb:like href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1325169-pep-guardiola-discusses-future-united-career-with-sir-alex" layout="button_count" ref="article_headline" show_faces="false" class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" style="position: relative; display: inline-block; "></fb:like>

By Simon Edmonds
(Featured Columnist) on September 6, 2012

hi-res-hi-res-114914342_crop_exact.jpg

Several different Spanish media outlets are reporting (Mundo Deportivo) that Sir Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola—who both missed Thursday's elite UEFA Coaches Forum (and coincidentally were both in New York)—have been in talks over the former Barca manager possibly taking the torch from Fergie at the end of the year.

Sir Alex's retirement and successor have been the source of much debate for the better part of the last decade, and it seems as though the question of who will be the next Manchester United manager may finally be answered.

Of course, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves too much here. Yes, the fact that these two managers skipped the Forum to have private talks on a completely different continent is somewhat intriguing, but after all, these two men are friends away from the pitch.

Who's to say that they hadn't had this friendly catchup planned for a while and didn't want to postpone it any further, despite it clashing with UEFA's annual event.

I think what is really driving the rumours is the fact that Guardiola—along with Jose Mourinho—has been one of the breakaway favourites to take on the United job for a long time now.

When the former Barca man stepped down and announced that he would be taking a year off from football, those suspicions were only heightened.

It has been spoken about in whispers this summer that the current Premier League season may be the final one which sees the great Sir Alex Ferguson in charge of his mighty Red Devils.

This, coinciding with Guardiola's year-long break, now followed by a "coincidental" meeting in America, will only continue to fuel the rumours of the Spaniard's possible arrival at Old Trafford next summer.

Nothing is confirmed yet by any means, but perhaps United's future post-Fergie is slowly starting to reveal itself.

jw5

Loyal
If I was David Gill, Bobby Charlton, one of the Glazers or one of the directors, I wouldn't get Fergie involved in the succession process at all.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I was David Gill, Bobby Charlton, one of the Glazers or one of the directors, I wouldn't get Fergie involved in the succession process at all.

Why not? Fergie practically control the whole club on all footballing matters. It will be good if he can choose who to succeed him. Also, fergie can "explain" how he do things in MU all these years. Personally, I would prefer "the special one".

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The day Pep Guardiola left Barcelona (comedy sketch):

[video=youtube;z4Xd4S-RfIo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Xd4S-RfIo[/video]

jw5

Loyal
Why not? Fergie practically control the whole club on all footballing matters.

That's one of the reasons why he should not choose his successor and be involved in the negotiations. Not everything Fergie did or does is great, the successor should be given a fresh chance to relook all footballing aspects of the club. Fergie should at most be present in the management meeting to discuss the appointment of his successor and give his inputs, he should not be the main person involved in the selection and negotiation.

Welcome to join us at the Man Utd thread in the sports/gambling/hobbies folder where other reasons have been discussed and will continue to be. :smile:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guardiola is a poor choice to succeed Fergie.

Fergie = Man Utd in the EPL era.

Only one candidate comes to mind, yep, The Only One.