• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor Rony Tan said sorry

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attend the methodist church in Singapore and we don't have this pastor worshipping shit. Our pastors as rotated out of the church after 3 years. I can't remember a methodist pastor who is so 'great' like Rony, Joe Prince or Kong Hei....

Come to the methodist church, where we worship god not man!

Anything you don't like, you can scold the pastor! You can also don't give money if you don't want to, no forcing. Give out from your heart. If your heart say NO, then NO.

When you worship the Rony, that's when he start to ego up and have his own website ronytan.com , he dares to slam buddhism, etc, etc.

All this common sense shit also i must tell you...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
henry-lee.jpg

Henry Lee
Pastor Of East2 Zone

Shinelight Director

clarence-goh.jpg

Clarence Goh
Pastor Of West And
North2 Zones

Cellslight Director

these 2 ah puis are not real brothers?? look so alike.. diff surnames leh...:biggrin::eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rony, Prince and Kong Hee and few others are operating their own business. Its usually kept within the family. These are independent entities and there are no rules and regulations control or regulate setting up such entities. Interestingly there statutory rules that govern Hinduism and the practice of Islam.

Normal christian churches that operate out of a regular order like the church of England, the Roman Catholic church does operate in this manner and are more responsible.

90% of the idiots that attend Rony church don't know that the money goes to his family. Both his son and daughter are church leaders.

I attend the methodist church in Singapore and we don't have this pastor worshipping shit. Our pastors as rotated out of the church after 3 years. I can't remember a methodist pastor who is so 'great' like Rony, Joe Prince or Kong Hei....

Come to the methodist church, where we worship god not man!

Anything you don't like, you can scold the pastor! You can also don't give money if you don't want to, no forcing. Give out from your heart. If your heart say NO, then NO.

When you worship the Rony, that's when he start to ego up and have his own website ronytan.com , he dares to slam buddhism, etc, etc.

All this common sense shit also i must tell you...

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
please la STUCK_here,,, don't talk cock here,,,,, check out kang ho soon in KK Methodist church how long liao? 3 years rotation,.,,,, don't bluff

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here we bashing a Christian Pastor, another Christian trying to recruit members to his church, so funny :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes close cousins do look like each other, maybe half-brothers, same mother different father.

If the age gap is big enough, the older one could also be the biological father.

You are very sharp and observant, to spot the two faces as lookalike.

henry-lee.jpg

Henry Lee
Pastor Of East2 Zone

Shinelight Director

clarence-goh.jpg

Clarence Goh
Pastor Of West And
North2 Zones

Cellslight Director

these 2 ah puis are not real brothers?? look so alike.. diff surnames leh...:biggrin::eek:

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
so anyone can buy a bible, have a bit of guts and self interprete! wah la easy money!

Apply license with no tax on charity funds...heaven.

I find it a little too convenient that this ISD and this inter-religion fiasco is just the gr8 intro for new FTs as an example of how Singapore runs its religion. This Rony Tan seems to be a long time pastor. suddenly he became dumb enough to be sarcastic when no jesus or demon is beside him as witnesses to his rationality. And those constant snide jokes and laughter from the "audience" reminds me of those american comedy and talk show host.

Perhaps ratings has drop for ugly pastors. When more pleasing looks of Kong and Prince have began to win over younger gens and the baby boomerz have began to deplete.

Someone throw me a friggin bone here. Im the boss...need the info...all this is just too easy...I need sharks with freakin laser beams!

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found on the internet can't remember which site that says the pope and Catholic org in general HAS REAL POWER over a country meaning the pope is above the countries law to do as they please.

Not sure which law or country. But it does boggle the mind. can someone verify as this does affect individuals...I remember some GROUP of priest accused child molesting got away without trial....

Maybe the obelisk in the centre of the vatican do have egyptian power!

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
please la STUCK_here,,, don't talk cock here,,,,, check out kang ho soon in KK Methodist church how long liao? 3 years rotation,.,,,, don't bluff

Don't stick me with a figure lah, 3 years, 5 years, +/- 10 years. You know that he was not there forever. He does not own the church. That's the point.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised so many people here supported the ISD to ask Rony Tan for a lim kopi session.

ISD being a political repression tool used by LKY previously to incarcerate so many political oppositions to LKY regime, is now being used as a silent oppression for Christian Evangelism.

What did Rony Tan said? He is making fun of Buddhists and Taoism? Why? Because he thinks Jesus is superior than any other gods. As stated in the bible, God is the Alpha and the Omega, and through Jesus we can get to God. Okay maybe he has gone overboard by showing too much enthusiasm..what's wrong with that, man sins...so does him. Looking from his perspective, he's telling you to go for the best, not the 2nd best. Why are you guys so offended? Why are you guys so stubborn? Why can't all these questions be discussed instead of suppressing his views? Did he incite hatred against other religions?

To see the enjoyment in your eyes that he got asked to Lim Kopi by ISD, you feel so good? Aren't you all no different from those who wants to see oppositions getting arrested and detained by ISD?

Have you all gone out of your minds? Support ISD??

I don't see you asking people support or yourself support the teenagers who were charged in court of remarks made in ther private blogs and on facebook. If teenagers can be responsible for what they write in their PRIVATE blogs, I don't see why an adult in senior position and OWN a church should be let off and not be held responsible for spreadin ill will among religions and causing friction in very seditious ways in Singapore.

CHARGE HIM

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised so many people here supported the ISD to ask Rony Tan for a lim kopi session.

ISD being a political repression tool used by LKY previously to incarcerate so many political oppositions to LKY regime, is now being used as a silent oppression for Christian Evangelism.

What did Rony Tan said? He is making fun of Buddhists and Taoism? Why? Because he thinks Jesus is superior than any other gods. As stated in the bible, God is the Alpha and the Omega, and through Jesus we can get to God. Okay maybe he has gone overboard by showing too much enthusiasm..what's wrong with that, man sins...so does him. Looking from his perspective, he's telling you to go for the best, not the 2nd best. Why are you guys so offended? Why are you guys so stubborn? Why can't all these questions be discussed instead of suppressing his views? Did he incite hatred against other religions?

To see the enjoyment in your eyes that he got asked to Lim Kopi by ISD, you feel so good? Aren't you all no different from those who wants to see oppositions getting arrested and detained by ISD?

No in this instance ISD is right cos jesus did not come back or stand beside him. BTW dont equate jesus to god. Christianity is a hijack of Judaism the torah scriptures.

so he has no grounds to flex anything. Buddhism or taoism is quite mystical and more about teachings but at least they dont provoke others into a dare.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me share some perspective here.

I first knew of this particular episode from sammyboy, my 1st stop. Then since someone said HWZ discussed it earlier, I visited EDMW (Eat-Drink-Man-Woman - a folder in HWZ like our coffeeshoptalk folder).

A real culture shock.

First of all, you gotta get used to the cyberage spelling more akin to SMS style - and lots of simulated singlish.

After a while, all very cute & refreshingly different from our culture here.

A younger generation is my personal opinion.

While the language & maturity is not as senior here, these 'youngsters' with their peculiar grammar & spelling, have ideas & arguments that are surprisingly refreshing - reflecting their outlook & Gen X/Y/Z flair.

And I am glad not all are blind platitude mouthing choirboys.
Mosta re sardonic jokers out to make fun of staid Christians - like here too.

But beyond that, their intensity - the posting rate, wow! 1000 over posts in less than 48 hours !

Someone pointed out that it is ISD that caused Rony to apologize, but it is actually forums like in this case HWZ, followed by us & finally TR that caused the groundswell of public awareness. Eventually, email reports made to police & MHA even to George Yeo's Facebook.

So, to say cyberpower is instrumental in forcing ISD intervention is NOT too far a stretch of reality.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pastor's remarks: What MHA says

The following is a statement issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs in response to media queries on the Lighthouse Evangelism (LE) videos and comments made by Pastor Rony Tan of Lighthouse Evangelism.

"The Internal Security Department has called up Pastor Rony Tan of Lighthouse Evangelism (LE) today in connection with his comments and insinuations about Buddhism and Taoism at LE sessions. These sessions were video-recorded and made available on LE's website; video-clips of these sessions subsequently became available on YouTube and other websites.

"Pastor Tan's comments were highly inappropriate and unacceptable as they trivialised and insulted the beliefs of Buddhists and Taoists. They can also give rise to tension and conflict between the Buddhist/Taoist and Christian communities. ISD told Pastor Tan that in preaching or proselytising his faith, he must not run down other religions, and must be mindful of the sensitivities of other religions.

"Pastor Tan has expressed his deepest apologies and remorse. He deeply regrets that he has been insensitive and offensive towards the Buddhist and Taoist faiths, and that his comments have saddened and hurt their followers. He has promised that it will never happen again and has also affirmed that he will tell his members to respect other beliefs and build a harmonious Singapore."

Ministry of Home Affairs
08 February 2010

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who says he has no knowledge about other religions? :biggrin:

TeeKee, by your analogy, if I were to born into a Christian family, I would have been a knowledgeable Christian too?

I know you are stupid, but do you have to demonstrate your stupidity every time you post something?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

You still dun get it and because of that, people will continue to hammer Christians like you.

The Paster has been saying such things for years. But he dared to put it online. What was he trying to prove? That Buddhism is crap. Taoism is satanism. In that case, Buddhists and Taoists have a right to reply.

No one is saying that you cannot believe your religion is the best.Just dun sneer at others. Why is that so difficult?