• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in Town Council Scandal

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It has been 20 months since WP won Aljunid in GE May 11, and a whole 16 months since termination of the lease of AIM contract.

Hmmmm.. kuku, you have a point.
Maybe WP sets up a trap (by purposely not submitting the Management Report) for PAP to fall into?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever rubbish that is being spewed by Leegime, a few things are clear.
i) Leegime calling Sylvia and WP liars
ii) Leegime insinuating that WP at AHTC wasting taxpayer money
iii) Taxpayer money spent for software by PAP not clarified.
iv) Political intervention into TC which is governed by TC Act not PAP Act.
v) Selling off taxpayer paid property and calling for lease is corrupt practice.
vi) There is no ombudsman to prevent this from happening.
vii) WP needs to make public the entire set of correspondence with AIM now.

Nippon

Hmmmm.. kuku, you have a point.
Maybe WP sets up a trap (by purposely not submitting the Management Report) for PAP to fall into?

PAP sway until pants drop this time. We know this well but not the 60% who are still watching Mediacrap.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blessing in disguise. Once the WP develops their own system they are ready if they win more constituencies next time. Anything developed today could be much better than what was written some years ago. I am sure the WP has enough knowledgeable members to advise.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It states that “In 2010, PAP TCs called an open tender to sell the ownership of the developed application software.

But only 1 bid?

Dr Teo said although five companies collected the tender agreement, the sole bid was submitted by AIM, a company fully owned by the PAP.

Fantastic ROI?

AIM offered to buy the software for S$140,000 and manage the system for a monthly fee of S$785 per TC, for an initial term ending 31 October 2011.”
$785 a month times 14 town councils means that the annual revenue would be $131,880.

This must arguably be the best business tender deal of the century, with 94 per cent of the investment recouped in just the first year!

If there was a tender made in a public portal with sufficient lead time, it is legit.

However as you rightly pointed out earlier, why was there a need to do a sale and leaseback of the application software? Forgive me for being cynical, but I am guessing the cost of the application development far exceeds the transacted price, and a similar application software from a third party vendor would cost far more.

Perhaps it would be good for WP to illustrate that latter while pushing for the TCs to reveal the actual development costs made in relation to developing the software application.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely, this issue is not about politics, it's about the legality of the transfer and the way it was done.

Anyway,The law society of singapore is a toothless entity .Cannot speak up for the common people.
Whether it is legal or null and void is determined by the pappy lackeys.

M

Mdm Tang

Precisely, this issue is not about politics, it's about the legality of the transfer and the way it was done.

unless The Voters of AHTC ask for

refund for TC overcharging past 10 years ?

if not how to fight ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you bro.

If there was a tender made in a public portal with sufficient lead time, it is legit.

However as you rightly pointed out earlier, why was there a need to do a sale and leaseback of the application software? Forgive me for being cynical, but I am guessing the cost of the application development far exceeds the transacted price, and a similar application software from a third party vendor would cost far more.

Perhaps it would be good for WP to illustrate that latter while pushing for the TCs to reveal the actual development costs made in relation to developing the software application.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
national conversaion is to talk among pap lackeys.

If u have a talk show current affairs TV program like in taiwan,then u can fark the pap everyday.

That is why I say that the National Conversation can be turned against the PAP by allowing audience members to force for discussion an issue that the PAP prefers not to discuss.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Happy Boxing Day everyone.

Its been 8 pages for this topic. May I suggest the situation now - Perhaps PAP has nothing to hide, they did nothing wrong, so the silence, no need to explain, peasants will not understand, peasants now a days kpkb everything never appreciate or understand the sacrifices PAP had gone through just for them, so if explain 越描越黑, so just keep quiet, after all PAP had tied the peasants up with CPF, HDB, etc etc PAP will not fall.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am guessing the cost of the application development far exceeds the transacted price, and a similar application software from a third party vendor would cost far more.

I think this is likely to be the case. I can't imagine the development cost can be anything close to 140K or less especially when it is used by all the PAP TCs which covers almost the entire country. This is probably why it was conveniently left out of the various statements released by THP so far.

WP would have know the figures. I wonder why they are now saying anything.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is why I say that the National Conversation can be turned against the PAP by allowing audience members to force for discussion an issue that the PAP prefers not to discuss.

hi there

1. bro, it is just some staged performance hoh!
2. oops! scripted too:biggrin:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP would have know the figures. I wonder why they are now saying anything.
WP can take their time to let this issue hang around PAP balls until next GE, which is what I suspect they are doing. Let it simmer in slow boil for next few months, so that maximum number of sinkies will know about it and remember it until next GE.

If do it too fast and furious, PAP will flood the media with their cock and bull excuses with intricate twist and turns. End up everyone is confused, resulting in most people to conclude that nothing can be determined in this matter.

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as there are as many of us who can remember to raise this up before the next GE, the PAp can't play too many of their tricks to obsfucate and complicate....

As far as the PAP is concerned with this issue and the Michael Palmer issue as well as the others before that, they are "closed". the silly problem with such a tactic is that it may work in an era where you control public opinion through the SCM and bank on the forgetfulness of sinkies.

BUT with the internet, you can always raise up all these UNRESOLVED problems and start taking into account their guilty silence AGAIN and AGAIN until we are satisfied.....

:smile: