• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in Town Council Scandal

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was waiting for someone sharp to raise this.

If this was done by NCS and NCS was somehow caught, it would implicate NCS and Singtel. Recall previously that there have been numerous allegations that GLCs operate for more than commercial reasons. NCS being caught red handed would give credulance to these allegations and affect the investments which have been made in sensitive companies.

Hence the need to use a $2 shell company fronted by three expendable ex-PAP MPs.
Aiyoh, in this day and age, such fronting is useless to hide facts as the sub-contracting details are easy to dig up. It is more of NCS and singtel wanting to limit liability, but if so, then the pte ltd shell should be wholly owned by NCS or singtel. Only logical conclusion is that AIM is given a sweetheart deal to be middleman.

A key info is still not released, that is how big a cut did AIM take?

This case involves all 14 GRCs, each headed by at least one minister. I suspect none of ministers knew about this as the sale value is below their approval level, and it could be the case that the sale value was depressed to keep it out of ministers sight. There is likely some monkey business going on and now LHL has to decide if he wants to punish the culprits or to protect them.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am waiting for the next installment of excuses. :biggrin:

When is the pap going to learn that a wrong cant be totally covered up by excuses? the more excuses the pap gives, the more doubts are raised . often it is best to own up to the mistake and cut losses

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
On termination, ST was trying to say that it was not AIM that terminated but that WP chose not to renew. While you should normally never believe ST, I think that there are grounds for an exception in this case. If you were WP, would you continue to use an accounting system maintained by a $2 company controlled by 3 ex-PAP MPs?

If it is true that the TC under WP has chosen to terminate the service, then why are they doing so? Does that absolve them from the fact that they were late in preparing the accounts?

M

Mdm Tang

If it is true that the TC under WP has chosen to terminate the service, then why are they doing so? Does that absolve them from the fact that they were late in preparing the accounts?

i would be writing to Chen SM on this :smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is wise for AHTC to develop its own IT software and not rely on AIM's service. We can never know what AIM will do with AHTC's information.

Anyway WP must look forward and plan to manage more Town Councils

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am not mistaken, when WP linked Aljunied to Hougang to form a single town council they would have wanted to reconcile the two different computer systems in use. If this is the case then I would say that submitting accounts late cannot be blamed on them especially when they were trying to achieve efficiencies and economies of scale.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is wise for AHTC to develop its own IT software and not rely on AIM's service. We can never know what AIM will do with AHTC's information.

If the government needed any sensitive information from the vendor it could do so regardless of who manages the software. The best WP can hope for with another pliant vendor is for them to give WP advanced warning when a request is being made.

If I am not mistaken, when WP linked Aljunied to Hougang to form a single town council they would have wanted to reconcile the two different computer systems in use. If this is the case then I would say that submitting accounts late cannot be blamed on them especially when they were trying to achieve efficiencies and economies of scale.

Generally speaking it is ok to be a little late. But to put the blame on the vendor whom they have terminated is shameful behaviour. Let us hope that is not so.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not seem to follow. This is in response to #200 by aurvandil referring to an ST article claiming that it was WP who terminated/did not renew the lease.

When an issue is "he said, she said" people want to be categorical in their statements?! I prefer to keep an open mind.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone seems to have hit pay dirt on part of the software development costs - it exceeds S$140K............ Now I want to know how much did WP develop theirs.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I tend to agree with your take.

WP played it very well and damage to Regime is maximized. There must be some really clever people in there guiding them.

I was waiting for someone sharp to raise this.

If this was done by NCS and NCS was somehow caught, it would implicate NCS and Singtel. Recall previously that there have been numerous allegations that GLCs operate for more than commercial reasons. NCS being caught red handed would give credulance to these allegations and affect the investments which have been made in sensitive companies.

Hence the need to use a $2 shell company fronted by three expendable ex-PAP MPs.

On termination, ST was trying to say that it was not AIM that terminated but that WP chose not to renew. While you should normally never believe ST, I think that there are grounds for an exception in this case. If you were WP, would you continue to use an accounting system maintained by a $2 company controlled by 3 ex-PAP MPs?

IMHO, WP bought time to build a system of their own. When the time was right, they chose not to renew. WP's brilliance is spining it the way they did and leveraging on the Micheal Palmer affair to inflict max damage to the PAP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When is the pap going to learn that a wrong cant be totally covered up by excuses? the more excuses the pap gives, the more doubts are raised . often it is best to own up to the mistake and cut losses

The PAP cannot extract itself from its own orbit of self-serving policies, cronyism, and knuckle-duster approach to politics. There have been dissenting voices, but all to no avail. The inertia is simply to great, there is too much to lose.