• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP in Town Council Scandal

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: On mis-Aiming and Low Blows

... Let us not lose sight of the main issue. It has been 20 months since WP won Aljunid in GE May 11, and a whole 16 months since termination of the lease of AIM contract. Perhaps the AIM system has many bells and whistles, but once AHTC has accepted that it cannot continue using AIM's system in Aug 11, should it not take the effort to put at least a working accounting system in place? To claim this as the cause of their not able to produce accounts for audit in 2012 is disingenious at best. We are talking about an accounting system, not building a nuclear bomb! Surely Hougang SMC had a working system that can be adapted?
go n find out how loong ze o accouting sys took 2 develop ... wen was auditing done ...

go find out sum facts b4 throwing sum figures around trying 2 rook impressif ... u oni make urself rook stoopig! ...

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

(b) The software was developed using residents' money. You then sell it to a company owned by 3 ex PAP MPs and then allow that company to profit by allowing it to lease it back to the town councils for a fee. I say this calls for a CPIB investigation. Anyone can easily understand this particular money trail stinks to high heaven.

A key point is the sales value of the software and where the sales proceed went to. So far I have not seen anything mentioned about them.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can PAP money be used to develop town council software. Is there any conflict of interests. Is there legal violation. So what is the rubbish that WP can ask for extension when it is PAP software? Why must town councils use PAP softwares? Is it no corruption? Is Town Council PAP? If so, town councils must be totally destroyed. Taxpayers do not pay PAP a swindling organization. Destroy all town councils. The Town Council Act must be voided because it is the PAP citizen control act, period.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Didn't follow on this story:o How much was the working capital of this company when it submitted the tender:confused:

On mis-Aiming and Low Blows
by Wah June Hwang on Monday, 24 December 2012 at 01:59 ·

Another was claim that the company the software was sold to was a dormant $2 company, and the allusion that therefore the deal was somehow shady. This is indeed a sneaky low blow. Anyone who has done business will know that to set up a company, one can go to an accounting firm. The accounting firm has already created a number of $2 companies that can be readily transferred to the entreprenuer, with default corporate structures. This method is fast and efficient. It also explains why the company was dormant when the sale of software was made. A quick check with ACRA will show that the company is not dormant since (having filed its accounts in Dec 11) and had its last AGM on 25 May 12.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Computer firm says town council's claim "inaccurate"

Can a SBF lowlife give a suggestion please:(

Heh heh heh.... you SBF lowlifes better don't play play with me. I am now the Chairman of the all powderful BOI that has the potential to bring down all 82 PAPpies MPs in one fell swoop. Better show some respect, understand? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't imagine this not being a BE issue! Let the voters judge!

It has NEVER been explained why PAP wards can lease the software from the company but opposition wards cannot.

Even if there is genuinely no criminal intent, the fact remains that all this is just another tactic to deny opposition wards access to facilities and infrastructure developed by the PAP using taxpayer money. This is pettiness and smacks of desperation.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A key point is the sales value of the software and where the sales proceed went to. So far I have not seen anything mentioned about them.

There is no accountability here. I had the impression we elected MPs to keep the town councils accountable. I guess this is Singapore. The system here is rigged to make life for opposition as hard as possible, transparency and accountability be damned.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My sources just told me. There was screaming and shouting over this scandal, and some people were so worked up, a few beer glasses were broken. You know beer bravado or really till boiling point, I do not know. But perceptions just stink now. PAP and shit in the toilet are about the same right now.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE: A disagreement between Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) and a company that used to provide its computer and financial systems continues.

In a letter to the media, Action Information Management Pte Ltd (AIM) said AHTC Chairman Sylvia Lim's allegation that a service extension with AIM had to be "fought for" was inaccurate.

AIM said two service extensions were granted - in August and September 2011 - before the contract lapsed.

AIM also said it would have agreed to a further extension if the AHTC had asked for it.

As AHTC did not do so, the contract was allowed to lapse.

AIM Chairman S Chandra Das said the company's current directors, three former People's Action Party (PAP) MPs, namely himself, Chew Heng Ching, and Lau Ping Sum do not receive directors' fees or any other benefits.

In a separate letter, PAP Town Councils said its Town Councils Management System (TCMS) was sold to AIM through an open tender, and their contract was in accordance with the Town Councils' Financial Regulations.

Ms Lim had earlier asked why PAP Town Councils (TCs) had transferred ownership of its computer software to a third party, and questioned the AIM's contract with the PAP TCs.

Coordinating Chairman of 14 PAP TCs Dr Teo Ho Pin said the TCMS owned and used by them was developed by National Computer Services Pte Ltd.

In 2010, PAP TCs called an open tender to sell the ownership of the developed application software.

Dr Teo said although five companies collected the tender agreement, the sole bid was submitted by AIM, a company fully owned by the PAP.

AIM offered to buy the software for S$140,000 and manage the system for a monthly fee of S$785 per TC, for an initial term ending 31 October 2011.

Dr Teo said after the 2011 general election, AIM decided to end the contract with AHTC.

AIM only owns the rights to the software, so all computer hardware belong to the respective TCs and these remained with AHTC when its contract with AIM ended.

Dr Teo also said the handover by AIM to AHTC took place from 27 May to 9 September, and during the transition, AIM had promptly handed over all data and information to AHTC in accordance with the TC's preferred format.

- CNA/xq

Sold by open tender?? Like the tender they did with the Brompton bicycles??

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I told you guys that they did not get a cent and the aim was not grease the palms of their associates but to cripple Aljunied Town Council.

The question to ask is who funded $140k to the $2 company to buy the software. The money trail will be interesting. $2 shell companies are commonplace and is a feature of the modern business. Typically they are used as vehicles of convenience.

As I said before, there is no corrupt practices involved here. Its a blatant attempt to sabotage of municipal body because they lost the elections.

That they are NOT paid a single cent for their 'services' tells you everything - that they are out to screw anyone in the opposition. That all three are PAP hardcores is not accident. Yes, CD should answer the main question: WHO PAID THE $140,000 for the software?

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why did Sylvia Lim misrepresented what actually happened?
Why did she choose on purpose to deceive singkies?

助李为孽, 其后人将世世为奴,代代为娼!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
News: Dr Teo says AIM was the sole bidder of its TCs Management System

In a separate letter, PAP Town Councils said its Town Councils Management System (TCMS) was sold to AIM through an open tender, and their contract was in accordance with the Town Councils' Financial Regulations.

Ms Lim had earlier asked why PAP Town Councils (TCs) had transferred ownership of its computer software to a third party, and questioned the AIM's contract with the PAP TCs.

Coordinating Chairman of 14 PAP TCs Dr Teo Ho Pin said the TCMS owned and used by them was developed by National Computer Services Pte Ltd.

In 2010, PAP TCs called an open tender to sell the ownership of the developed application software.

Dr Teo said although five companies collected the tender agreement, the sole bid was submitted by AIM, a company fully owned by the PAP.

AIM offered to buy the software for S$140,000 and manage the system for a monthly fee of S$785 per TC, for an initial term ending 31 October 2011.

Dr Teo said after the 2011 general election, AIM decided to end the contract with AHTC.

AIM only owns the rights to the software, so all computer hardware belong to the respective TCs and these remained with AHTC when its contract with AIM ended.

Dr Teo also said the handover by AIM to AHTC took place from 27 May to 9 September, and during the transition, AIM had promptly handed over all data and information to AHTC in accordance with the TC's preferred format. CHANNEL NEWSASIA

Walao another Brompton Bike case

Last edited:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: News: Dr Teo says AIM was the sole bidder of its TCs Management System

There are so many estate management softwares and development compnaies out there and AIM was the sole bidder????

I smell a big fat rat.........

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tks GD

If kukubird does not report this back to his masters and sue, then it must be correct and truthful.

This chap was investigated by the CPIB in the 90s. Managed to 'escape'. GCT was behind him. Was he corrupt? 100%! Let me expose him ok? He used to get nightclub bills when he wasn't entertaining to make claims. My info 100% accurate.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

the only time I can bring myself to believe anything that comes out of any papee's mouth is
when someone can show me a pig and an elephant up on a durian tree playing chinese chess.........

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The more the PAP and its cronies defend themselves, the bigger the hole they're digging beneath their legs.

It's quite entertaining to watch really. Great end to the year.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

a la brompton....