• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teacher friend shared this photo in my whatsapp group chat.
Here's the underlying story. The online seminar was attended by Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia and China students.

1. Some people with links to MOE was actually behind these and got local schools to participate and pay them.
2. China and Singapore students were supposed to present their projects in the zoom session.
3. To make their money worth, the China schools sent huge teams and over-ran their allocated time. Their parents were so proud of them.
4. Every China student spoke clumsily for long period of time and took up the event's time. Singapore students (who were supposed to present) either shorten their presentation, removed Q&A and many didn't even get a chance to present their work at all.
5. The minister did not intervene. I guess it was not polite to offend foreigners and compromising local students was ok. Even the Singapore school teachers were disgusted and felt unjust for their kids.

Conclusion:
Local teachers & students were strawberries; none dared to protest to the moderators or fight for their rights. The China students were so competitive while our kids were soft and not hungry. They cannot survive in the real world. Worst of all, their very own minister was there and didn't voice out for them and happily nod his head for the China students who weren't following the rules.

What kind of leadership do we have, when an ex-army general can't even protect his country's students against unfair competitors?

Chan Chun Sing added 6 new photos.​

Covering environmental conservation strategies, wildlife and climate change, the programme supports Ministry of Education, Singapore’s efforts to nurture Environmental Stewards from young. To overcome constraints stemming from #COVID19, the Gardens has created a “Digital Twin” of its grounds – this is an interactive platform that allows virtual tours of the Gardens and highlights its sustainability features, such as how the Gardens recycle energy and rainwater to run its Conservatories.

Canberra Primary School has been working closely with the Gardens over several months to test this pilot project. Through its Global Sustainability Development Programme, the school collaborated with schools in China
1f1e8_1f1f3.png

, Malaysia
1f1f2_1f1fe.png

, Indonesia
1f1ee_1f1e9.png

and South Africa
1f1ff_1f1e6.png

on sustainability-related projects. Enjoyed meeting our students and their peers in these countries and learning more about their projects.
I hope that this “Digital Twin” will become a useful learning resource for teachers and students, and a bridge between education institutions in Singapore and the rest of the world.

1645616037419-png.135196

jw5

Loyal
Teacher friend shared this photo in my whatsapp group chat.
Here's the underlying story. The online seminar was attended by Singapore, South Africa, Malaysia, Indonesia and China students.

1. Some people with links to MOE was actually behind these and got local schools to participate and pay them.
2. China and Singapore students were supposed to present their projects in the zoom session.
3. To make their money worth, the China schools sent huge teams and over-ran their allocated time. Their parents were so proud of them.
4. Every China student spoke clumsily for long period of time and took up the event's time. Singapore students (who were supposed to present) either shorten their presentation, removed Q&A and many didn't even get a chance to present their work at all.
5. The minister did not intervene. I guess it was not polite to offend foreigners and compromising local students was ok. Even the Singapore school teachers were disgusted and felt unjust for their kids.

Conclusion:
Local teachers & students were strawberries; none dared to protest to the moderators or fight for their rights. The China students were so competitive while our kids were soft and not hungry. They cannot survive in the real world. Worst of all, their very own minister was there and didn't voice out for them and happily nod his head for the China students who weren't following the rules.

What kind of leadership do we have, when an ex-army general can't even protect his country's students against unfair competitors?

Covering environmental conservation strategies, wildlife and climate change, the programme supports Ministry of Education, Singapore’s efforts to nurture Environmental Stewards from young. To overcome constraints stemming from #COVID19, the Gardens has created a “Digital Twin” of its grounds – this is an interactive platform that allows virtual tours of the Gardens and highlights its sustainability features, such as how the Gardens recycle energy and rainwater to run its Conservatories.

Canberra Primary School has been working closely with the Gardens over several months to test this pilot project. Through its Global Sustainability Development Programme, the school collaborated with schools in China
1f1e8_1f1f3.png

, Malaysia
1f1f2_1f1fe.png

, Indonesia
1f1ee_1f1e9.png

and South Africa
1f1ff_1f1e6.png

on sustainability-related projects. Enjoyed meeting our students and their peers in these countries and learning more about their projects.
I hope that this “Digital Twin” will become a useful learning resource for teachers and students, and a bridge between education institutions in Singapore and the rest of the world.

1645616037419-png.135196

The Ministar should fight harder for his students. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits Haig Girls' School. :thumbsup:

14 hrs ·
These visually captivating pieces by the students left a strong impression during my recent visit to Haig Girls’ School.
From paintings to sculptures and installation art, the creations of the primary school students were beautifully and thoughtfully displayed in the school’s Art Gallery.
With a Values-Based Creativity Programme that features a visit to the National Gallery Singapore and collaboration with the Singapore Art Museum, students gain exposure to diverse art pieces and forms. The upper primary students learn about our local artists – and by extension our heritage and the role of art in our society.
From my chats with the students, I could tell that they enjoy having these avenues for creativity and self-expression. I also like how they take pride in their talents and appreciate artworks by their peers.
Well done girls! Keep it up.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu announces a retirement, but unfortunately not his own. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

8 hrs ·
Our Director-General of Education, Mr Wong Siew Hoong, will retire next month after almost four decades of exemplary service to education.
Siew Hoong is a veteran educator, caring leader and respected colleague, who has dedicated 38 years to the mission of nurturing Singapore’s future.
He has made indelible contributions to our education landscape. These include overseeing key education reforms such as PSLE scoring changes and the introduction of Full Subject-Based Banding to embed a shift away from an overemphasis on academic results, and to help students develop to their fullest potential based on their strengths. Siew Hoong also enhanced digital literacy of our students, and guided the education fraternity to keep learning going despite disruptions caused by #COVID19.
I am grateful that Siew Hoong has agreed to stay on in Ministry of Education, Singapore as Advisor, and will continue to share his wealth of experience with our MOE family.
Mdm Liew Wei Li will take up the baton as our next Director-General of Education. Wei Li is an experienced educator, and has excelled in her current appointments as Deputy Director-General of Education (Schools) and Director of Schools. I am confident that she will guide the education service with heart and purpose.
May be a close-up of 1 person

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu will continue to empower public officers. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 hrs ·
Amidst the pandemic, our public officers came together to forge new ways of working and stepped up to go beyond the call of duty to keep Singaporeans safe and our country running. Without a shared sense of purpose and solidarity, we would not have come this far. I thank all public officers for putting your best foot forward in our nation’s time of need.
At the PSD Singapore Committee of Supply debate today, I shared how the crisis has reinforced the importance of having a skilled and committed Public Service that can work well together with Singaporeans to jointly overcome our nation’s challenges. Hence, growing and developing our officers is a key priority. Through attachments at the private and people sectors, our public officers gain diverse skillsets and broaden their experiences. More importantly, they also build valuable partnerships.
We will continue to empower public officers to seek diverse working experiences. Starting this year, every public officer can use up to 40 hours a year to participate in developmental activities with private, social, and non-profit organisations. We hope our public officers will take up the opportunity, which will stand them in good stead in their strive for excellence.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu recommends Uncle Tham's stall. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

11 hrs ·
$1.80 mushroom soup made with 5 types of mushrooms.
Ice-blended chocolate for $1.10.
And salmon chowder made from Norwegian salmon for $2.80.
Students enjoy all these and more at 73-year-old Uncle Tham’s stall at Queensway Secondary School, where he has been arriving at the canteen at 4.30am every weekday to prepare food in the last 23 years.
His care for the students is evident “I always give our students the best food. They are growing and they must get good nutrition
1f642.png
.”
Other than being an excellent cook, Uncle Tham has a great sense of humour
1f609.png
– the fresh orange and pineapple juice sold at the stall is named “Sir Howard” as it’s the favourite order of one of the teachers.
Check out his annual festive decorations along his HDB corridor which has been featured in media several times, and his interview with Our Grandfather Story: https://www.facebook.com/ourgrandfatherstory/videos/1106160759483424/
[The beautifully plated rice has a generous portion of grilled chicken, wrapped in omelette and served with black pepper sauce]
#OurCanteenFood
#OurSchoolStories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to go back in time. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

12 hrs ·
If I could go back in time, what advice would I give to my younger self?
This is a good but tough question students often ask me.
It can feel difficult to chart our way forward in a world that is becoming increasingly polarised and defined by disruptions and compressed technological and business cycles.
• How do we prepare our students who will take on jobs that don’t yet exist?
• How will we enable our people to keep learning, unlearning and relearning?
• How can our students build meaningful and strong connections to our region and the world amidst the pandemic?
At Ministry of Education, Singapore Committee of Supply Debate 2022 in Parliament tomorrow, we will share the shifts that we will be making in our education system to enable every Singaporean to learn and thrive, at every life stage.
Dr Maliki Osman Gan Siow Huang 颜晓芳 Sun Xueling
May be an image of 6 people, people standing and indoor