• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Republic Polytechnic.

Chan Chun Sing added 5 new photos to the album Visit to RP 2021.​

1 hr·

Do you spot any unusual ingredients in this protein bar? Yes, it’s made with cricket flour
Altimate Nutrition, a startup by Republic Polytechnic’s School of Applied Science alumni, Gavriel Tan and John Lee, specializes in the development of alternative protein bars and snacks derived from cricket flour. Based on their research, cricket farming uses way less resources than producing beef pork or chicken, and is hence more environmentally-friendly and sustainable. They hope to create a positive social economic impact through their brand and are also looking to do their part for Singapore’s #30by30 food security goal!
The journey of innovation and entrepreneurship is often underpinned by the positive desire to make a difference to the world around us, by improving a process, product or service, or coming up with something new to solve a problem. However, the entrepreneurship path is certainly not an easy one.
Was glad to launch of RP’s Entrepreneurial Partnership & Innovation Community (EPIC) facility today which houses an ideation, co-working and maker space for students, alumni, staff and industry partners to connect, exchange ideas and collaborate. The name EPIC exemplifies the importance of partnerships, innovation and community within the entrepreneurship ecosystem, and I was heartened to meet RP alumni who have already tapped into RP’s resources and networks to build their startups.

RP’s industry partners have been giving back to the entrepreneurship community by providing mentorship and funding to young entrepreneurs at RP. This is invaluable support for budding entrepreneurs. I hope to see more of such exchanges and collaborations, which adds to the education experience of our students and likewise promotes a spirit of continuous learning in our industry partners. CCS

1629899983105.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 2 hrs · Edited ·

20-year-old John Lee is the fo-founder of Altimate Nutrition, an innovative start-up that specializes in the development of alternative protein bars and snacks derived from cricket flour.

1629902027396.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu displays his kung fu.

Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 3 hrs · Edited ·

Photo credit: Republic Polytechnic – Launching EPIC by placing the central plaque on the mural wall. The plaques of the various industry partners forms a map of Singapore, which is a reminder that we need to stay connected and collaborate in the innovation journey.

1629905713139.png

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing​

Yesterday at 05:30 ·

Photo credit: Republic Polytechnic – Mr Brien Chua from Sheldon Global Pte Ltd has been sharing his experience and knowledge with RP students.

1629982820498.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · Yesterday · Edited ·

Photo credit: Republic Polytechnic – Using technology as a solution to the challenges of breastfeeding mothers on-the-go, Go!mama’s co-founder Vivian Lee shared that they aim to increase accessibility of public lactation spaces.

1629992434237.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits Ngee Ann Secondary School.

Chan Chun Sing added 5 new photos to the album Ngee Ann Secondary 2021.​

Yesterday at 03:10·

What does tech-enabled learning look like?
Enjoyed my chats with Yalenchka, Xintong and their Sec 3 schoolmates on their exploration of line animation and other digital art. They like being able to merge traditional art forms with digital art, which allows for broader creative experimentation and expression.
In addition to using padlets to engage students during lessons, Ngee Ann Secondary School also houses sPACE, a sandbox for pedagogical innovation. Featuring movable furniture and mobile screens, sPACE allows teachers to creatively configure the layout of the room based on their teaching needs. ICT mentors are also on hand to guide teachers in lesson design, to leverage technological possibilities in enhancing the teaching process.
As we incorporate more use of tech into our classrooms, I hope that this will enrich the school experience for both students and teachers. CCS

1630070406462.png

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just realised I can’t find my posts last night. which bastard owner or moderator deleted my spam of Jeremy Quek @glockman clone @Cottonmouth posts last night while keeping all these spamming scamming posts by your fellow bastards slandering me a real virgin a fake virgin dirty whore? @nayr69sg? @zhihau? @Leongsam? My guess is @nayr69sgbecause he is the most free and sneaky manipulative bastard. Shame on you bastards.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates SHG Joint Tuition Award recipients.

Chan Chun Sing

3 hrs·

Fostering strong bonds between our different races helps us to collectively uplift our community.
The “A little from all 一人一点心” by CDAC 华社自助理事会, MENDAKI Singapore, Singapore Indian Development Association and The Eurasian Association, Singapore have been working closely with our schools to jointly provide support to students who need more help to reach their full potential.
Today, I joined these Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in recognising the achievements of more than 600 students at the 18th SHGs Joint Tuition Awards ceremony. Some of them, together with their parents, were physically present to receive the Best Overall Academic Performance Award. My heartiest congratulations to all award recipients!
I am greatly heartened that they attribute their success to the opportunities given to all of us by society. They share our definition of success, which is how well we enable the next generation to do even better than us. It is this spirit of always paying it forward that allows Singaporeans to have the confidence that we can realise our full potential, and that our country can continue to grow from strength to strength. CCS
https://www.facebook.com/ChanChunSi...Ttlgv-9OQ60HzrQA4YZaTFM3-MB9SSw&__tn__=EEHH-R

1630154179722.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu celebrates 10th anniversary of The Mother Tongue Languages Symposium.

Chan Chun Sing added 8 new photos to the album MTLS 2021.​

22 hrs·

Learning our Mother Tongue goes beyond acquiring a language -- it shapes our personal, social and cultural identities, and strengthens the bonds within our communities.
The Mother Tongue Languages Symposium commemorates its 10th Anniversary this year. Was glad to celebrate this milestone with DPM Heng Swee Keat, Dr Maliki Osman, Xueling Sun, Vikram Nair and our community partners who have worked with us through the years, to motivate our young to love and learn our Mother Tongue Languages (MTL).
Every year, Ministry of Education, Singapore recognises our pre-school MTL teachers with the Outstanding Pre-School Mother Tongue Language (OPMTL) Teacher Awards at the symposium. Their exploration of creative ways to pique the interests of pre-schoolers, and efforts to make the learning of MTL engaging and interactive for our children, is truly commendable.
Had a fruitful discussion with our panelists on sparking engaging conversations with young children in their MTLs. There was much insightful sharing about the benefits of doing so to build their confidence in speaking the MTLs and deepening their understanding of culture, and strategies to create more opportunities to engage young children through their MTLs.
You can catch the discussion below:

https://www.mtls.edu.sg/eng/panel-discussion/

May we continue to make MTL learning fun, enriching and interesting for our children, and inspire lifelong learning of these languages!

#MTLS2021

1630238966443.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks teachers.

Chan Chun Sing

28 August at 16:51·

One of the great things about my job is meeting young people in our educational institutions. Be they budding musicians, aspiring athletes, robotics enthusiasts or experimental bakers. Our schools are full of hope and drive — when I visit a school, I always leave with some new perspectives and ideas. Most importantly, I leave with an inspired frame of mind. And I remember that none of this would be possible without our teachers.
Teachers are part of our children’s everyday life. They are there for them through the ups and downs, the good days and bad. Every day. And sometimes, we forget that teachers have their own ups and downs, too. They, too, have their good days and bad, especially over the last 2 years, when their roles have expanded greatly to keep our students safe during the pandemic. And they have risen magnificently to the challenge, putting the needs of our students above their own.
This Teachers’ Day, let us as a community show our appreciation to teachers and school staff to make this an extra special day for them. You can send in your notes and photos to the Gratitude Portal at https://thankyoucher.edu.sg.
Your child can post a note to their teachers and school staff. You can post a note to your teachers, too. They may be retired, but you can tag it to your school.
I have written mine, which you can read, along with messages from people across Singapore.

I do believe that our heartfelt words of thanks are the best gift that we can give our educators. CCS

1630326999378.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu recalls his first few months in MOE.

Chan Chun Sing

30 August at 05:57·

My first few months in Ministry of Education, Singapore have been eventful.
In this time, we have gone through some challenging moments and experienced many more heartening ones. On my visits to our schools, the one thing that struck me most is the dedication of our teachers – their commitment to the safety and well-being of our students, and their innovative ways to make learning come alive. This is not just for the youngest ones in MOE Kindergarten but all through to those in our Institutes of Higher Learning.
Education is a lifelong journey. As we continue moving forward together, let’s take the time to look out for one another, not just for our students but our educators too. CCS

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates LEAP award recipients.

Chan Chun Sing

Yesterday at 04:53·

Despite being medically unwell and facing personal setbacks, 72-year-old Mr Lim Ing Yew remained committed to teaching at the Tanah Merah Prison School. His resilient spirit has inspired his students not to give up on themselves.
Was glad to join 新加坡福建会馆 Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan in celebrating the contributions of Mr Lim and other dedicated educators at the LEAP Award Ceremony yesterday.
Congratulations to all our LEAP Award recipients for being good role models to our education fraternity and making a positive impact by nurturing our students from their hearts! I would also like to extend my appreciation to SHHK for their contribution to the education and cultural development of Singapore.
Our dedicated teachers are the reason why our education system has been able to function seamlessly amidst our battle against #COVID19 in the last 20 months. I believe that when our students look back on these COVID years, what they will remember is not despair, but the affection, tenacity and creativity of their teachers. CCS

1630502547819.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu celebrates President's Awards for Teachers.

Chan Chun Sing

8 mins ·
This evening, Ministry of Education, Singapore celebrated the remarkable contributions of the President's Awards for Teachers (PAT) 2021 recipients and finalists, together with President Halimah Yacob and other members of the education fraternity.
Among the PAT awardees is the Head of the Humanities department, Ms Khairiah Bte Hairoman from Peirce Secondary School. She brings her classroom to life with storytelling and spares no effort to provide her students with an enriching learning experience, including inviting a representative from the Migrant Workers’ Centre to give a talk during school assembly.
Another PAT awardee is Ms Tang Iman, a lecturer at the School of Informatics & IT at Temasek Polytechnic. Ms Tang conducts courses on data analytics for adult learners to improve their data literacy. With more companies looking to upskill their employees’ data capabilities last year, Ms Tang increased the number of course runs by more than two times and also trained a team of 10 instructors to meet the increased demand. Interestingly, Ms Tang is no stranger to lifelong learning – a former mathematics teacher, she made the transition to teach data analytics in 2012. Being an adult learner herself, Ms Tang is able to better understand students in her Continuing Education and Training (CET) classes and help them to connect the learning objectives with their prior experience.
Congratulations and a big thank you to our PAT winners for their dedication and professional excellence! CCS

1630586145035.png