• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Christopher Neo committed suicide?

hawker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah. I don't know him well enough.

Goh Meng Seng

As the nsp chief you claim you don't know him well enough, fair.

As the nsp chief in ge2011 I am very sure you have spoken in nsp rally on his behalf urging voters to give him his vote.

Since you claim not to know him well enough, why are you vouching on his behalf in ge2011 and asking people to vote him? Is it fair to say you are not being honest? You don't know someone's character and yet you can vouch for him and solicite votes for him.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
The truth will be revealed soon. There is no report of suicide note but reported that the body was found without shirt on. It is highly unlikely for Chris to commit suicide in such a way because he was always mindful of his image and bearing, wearing nice shirt and driving mercz or jaguar. In fact, I heard he has just "upgraded" from mercz to jaguar lately. To die using such method which make him half naked is unthinkable.

Goh Meng Seng

I think you should give an interview to Xinmin and Wanbao with your theory. I believe they will be very keen to hear from you.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, LTK claimed he didn't know about YSL's private life even though they have been in the same party for over a decade. LTK has been the SG of WP for over a decade. I am SG of NSP for only a couple of years.

LTK vouch for YSL so strongly and sent him to Hougang. Did I vouch for Chris Neo so strongly? I don't think as strong as LTK.

Goh Meng Seng

As the nsp chief you claim you don't know him well enough, fair.

As the nsp chief in ge2011 I am very sure you have spoken in nsp rally on his behalf urging voters to give him his vote.

Since you claim not to know him well enough, why are you vouching on his behalf in ge2011 and asking people to vote him? Is it fair to say you are not being honest? You don't know someone's character and yet you can vouch for him and solicite votes for him.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, LTK claimed he didn't know about YSL's private life even though they have been in the same party for over a decade. LTK has been the SG of WP for over a decade. I am SG of NSP for only a couple of years.

LTK vouch for YSL so strongly and sent him to Hougang. Did I vouch for Chris Neo so strongly? I don't think as strong as LTK.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh, why bring in LTK n YSL here? Whatever made you unhappy at WP, u must learn to let go.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Just to put things into perspective.

Opposition parties do not have the national machineries to conduct any THOROUGH character checks. Even PAP has problems in determine good characters among their candidates, sometimes ended up pulling out their candidates out of contest at the very last minute. Opposition doesn't have such machineries like ISD, police department not even funds for private investigators to do all these checks.

I have no unhappiness at WP at all but it seems that it is WP people who cannot let go. Just showing them that they must make sure their own favourite party must be all saints before they try to put down others. Same for PAP. When YSL saga happened, WP people (members and supporters) used Steve Tan as an example to rationalize WP's inability to have foolproof perfect character checks on their very own candidates and even MPs. Thus, for me now, I am just using apple to compare with apple. If they want to play the same game as PAP, I will use the same method. Simple as that.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr Goh, why bring in LTK n YSL here? Whatever made you unhappy at WP, u must learn to let go.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to put things into perspective.

Opposition parties do not have the national machineries to conduct any THOROUGH character checks. Even PAP has problems in determine good characters among their candidates, sometimes ended up pulling out their candidates out of contest at the very last minute. Opposition doesn't have such machineries like ISD, police department not even funds for private investigators to do all these check

I have no unhappiness at WP at all but it seems that it is WP people who cannot let go. Just showing them that they must make sure their own favourite party must be all saints before they try to put down others. Same for PAP. When YSL saga happened, WP people (members and supporters) used Steve Tan as an example to

rationalize WP's inability to have foolproof perfect character checks on their very own candidates and even MPs. Thus, for me now, I am just using apple to compare with apple. If they want to play the same game as PAP, I will use the same method. Simple as that.

Goh Meng Seng

Can you move on, Mr Goh? Live and lets Live!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I don't think I need to talk to the reporters. The NSP members have already told reporters that they don't believe Chris Neo will commit suicide, most probably due to the same reasons I have raised. Maybe they didn't put it in clear perspective and reasoning due to the overwhelming shock they are experiencing, but anyone who know Chris Neo would have feel the same way. As I have said, he was a man with strong mental strength than most ordinary people. He didn't back down even after arrested by police for "illegal gambling" when he was sitting in front of a jackpot machine. He didn't back down after being summoned by NEA officer for "illegal hawking".... Not many people could beat all these "adversities" and carry on to contest the GE in the end.

Goh Meng Seng

I think you should give an interview to Xinmin and Wanbao with your theory. I believe they will be very keen to hear from you.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
As I have said, I have already moved on long long time ago, though I will always try to put things into perspective without much emotional attachment in it. You should be telling WP people that instead.

It is interesting that people cannot face up to facts and reality but try to rationalize it again as some "anger" expressed here whenever something "not so good" were said about WP's past. Let's face it, all these happened and there are reasons to all these happenings. I am just putting up the common reasons or "problems" faced by all opposition parties. Although WP tried very hard to differentiate itself from other opposition parties, by shouting slogan of "First World Parliament", but the sad reality is that it is not able to be so different when it comes to candidate selection process. All opposition parties, even PAP, face the same problems in candidate selection. It is not possible to have full information on all candidates' private lives and background.

It is easy to call "move on" when something not so nice mentioned about your favourite party but these problems will still stick to it in future. At any one time, we could only base on our assessment and decision to field any candidates based on whatever limited information we have... this applies to NSP, SDP all other opposition parties INCLUDING WP.

Now you know why I didn't really point fingers at WP or LTK in putting up a "lemon" YSL to become MP, even though I have said that those who are in the know of YSL's "interests" who kept quiet should be blamed and taught a painful lesson that keeping mum about potential problems or time bomb isn't going to do their party good. This is because I understand the constrains opposition parties work under and even though WP wanted to be so different from other opposition parties, it is actually not much different from others, facing the very same problems that all of us face. But these WP people here are just pretty brainless and mindless in trying to hit at every opportunity at other opposition parties or me for such things. They didn't even understand that WP is actually carrying a very big "historical baggage" to start with. And these baggages will get bigger because they will be made as the "benchmark" for other happenings to other opposition parties.

In short, I want to caution WP people here, think before you shoot your mouth off. Whatever bullets or questions which you think could be used against other opposition parties or me, you better make sure that the very same bullets or questions cannot be used against your favourite party WP as well. Else, you will be just shooting yourselves in your own feet.

Goh Meng Seng

Can you move on, Mr Goh? Live and lets Live!

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody is going to say to the press that someone they know killed himself. From one of your posts, i am pretty sure you know what happenned and why. Expensive cars, image important etc etc. You should also know why the shirt is taken out.

I am sure everyone knows it has got nothing to do with politics.

I don't think I need to talk to the reporters. The NSP members have already told reporters that they don't believe Chris Neo will commit suicide, most probably due to the same reasons I have raised. Maybe they didn't put it in clear perspective and reasoning due to the overwhelming shock they are experiencing, but anyone who know Chris Neo would have feel the same way. As I have said, he was a man with strong mental strength than most ordinary people. He didn't back down even after arrested by police for "illegal gambling" when he was sitting in front of a jackpot machine. He didn't back down after being summoned by NEA officer for "illegal hawking".... Not many people could beat all these "adversities" and carry on to contest the GE in the end.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The question is this, what if it is really not a suicide?

Goh Meng Seng

Nobody is going to say to the press that someone they know killed himself. From one of your posts, i am pretty sure you know what happenned and why. Expensive cars, image important etc etc. You should also know why the shirt is taken out.

I am sure everyone knows it has got nothing to do with politics.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The family is not prepared to say anything and they will point to accidental death. It will be an open verdict or misadventure. Ours is an Asian society and we are not open to many things. I am sure they are not going to suggest anything sinister either.

By the way, its the overly confident ones that have such tendencies. The other category is the mentally ill or emotionally unstable due to relationship issues. Those that are less overly confident, tend not to over promise, over aspire and therefore have little in terms of ego and image issues and less burdened by stress.

Goh Meng Seng

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both of you share something in common other than being NSP members. Want to make a guess? No penalties for wrong answer.

GMS, I think GD is trying to say that you and Neo share a common trait in the way both of you make the best out of a hopeless situation. Very entrepreneurial. I take my hat off your replies. You could have made an excellent PAP MP with the tenacity of your delusional replies. Alas, you are of peasant ancestry and there was nothing exceptional about you at all. Scroobal sums it all up in his last reply to you. Sit on it and let it all sink in, baby.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

Why don't you just ask his family members? Alternatively, wait for the CI. The case was attended to by police officers, IO, Tong Aik undertakers. Mortuary attendants did the necessary thereafter. Can it be a secret?

Do not be too stubborn or too clever by half.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You have been doing a good job here, your master will be very glad with your performance!

Goh Meng Seng

Why don't you just ask his family members? Alternatively, wait for the CI. The case was attended to by police officers, IO, Tong Aik undertakers. Mortuary attendants did the necessary thereafter. Can it be a secret?

Do not be too stubborn or too clever by half.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He didn't back down even after arrested by police for "illegal gambling" when he was sitting in front of a jackpot machine. He didn't back down after being summoned by NEA officer for "illegal hawking".... Not many people could beat all these "adversities" and carry on to contest the GE in the end.

Goh Meng Seng

You call these two events adversities? To me, small matter. These two incidents pale in comparison to whatever reason(s) why CN ended his life. Wake up, GMS.