• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NICOLE SEAH: Now I await the backlash.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]NICOLE SEAH: THE WHOLE 'ROY VS PM LEE' SAGA HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
11 Jun 2014 - 4:46pm

<ins style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

<above pic: popular NSP member Nicole Seah>

I believe in the need for diversity in opinion and freedom of expression. But I cannot take on a us-versus-them at all cost approach when it comes to discussing such matters.

So even though I am an opposition supporter, I will also say that the whole defamation suit is thoroughly ridiculous on both parties and it's been politicized to create a false underdog martyrdom, when the whole crux of thematter really is - Don't make false and damaging claims that are unfounded and steeped in lies.

I know a lot of opposition parties and supporters are positioning this as a repression of the 99% in Singapore and human rights and whatnot, but it really isn't. And the whole matter has been blown out of proportion on both fronts.

For those who argue that it is about CPF, the bugbear with CPF is not transparency. It's really a stretch to claim that the government is cheating us of our money. The issue is with mismanaged expectations on how it's been allowed to be used for healthcare, housing, investment, etc. when one has all these big-ticket expenses to fulfill and finite funds in the pocket. That's another issue that takes into account housing prices, healthcare premiums and subsidies, and the like.

It's good for society to have the ability to express ourselves, but we also need to have discernment to look beyond seeing a situation in a simplistically black or white fashion.
Had to say it. Said in personal capacity. Now I await the backlash.

Nicole Seah
*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/sheerpoultry

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like i said Roy should have accused PM Lee of being a bapok and manhunter,then it would be harder to dispute and "steeped in lies".singapore is not islam but bapoks must go!!!!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like a pro-PAP piece. Maybe she got offered a job by Ruler Loong to go back to S'pore.

She did say " both sides". But yeah she did think Roy went overboard in his blog. Most of us agree with that. Most of us also agree he doesn't need to get dragged to court.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy going overboard is agreed. She however is hitting below the belt.

Despite mentioning both sides, the venom is directed at Roy and his supporters. And she conveniently claims that the CPF as "mismanaged expectations"

The call to clarify issues with CPF has been going on for some years. There is still no clarity. The fair share of returns is being disputed. People are aware of financial markets and information is following freely thanks to the internet.

She must be in idiot to think that this is mismanaged expectations. She is belittling the issue and the few people that are brave enough to challenge the status quo.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't help but suspect she feels a slight tinge of jealousy that Roy has surpassed her as the "it" person - 红人 in the non-msm world.:rolleyes:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is voicing her opinion only, but no matter what she or anyone else say, the crux is that the original promise to
return our CPF had been broken. This affects those who begin to accumulate CPF in their working life before the govt
decided to break the promise by introducing the minumum sum lockup. She does not fall into this category. That's why
she will never understand the enormity of breaking that original promise.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walau aye min sum keep on rising and hc keep losing money on investment. She cannot connect these two dots together.

Every Singaporeans will be one million in debt in wawasan 2020!!!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

.... the whole defamation suit is thoroughly ridiculous on both parties
....politicized to create a false underdog martyrdom,
....Don't make false and damaging claims that are unfounded and steeped in lies
.....this as a repression of the 99% in Singapore and human rights and whatnot, but it really isn't.

.....the bugbear with CPF is not transparency. It's really a stretch to claim that the government is cheating us of our money.
.....The issue is with mismanaged expectations

Nicole Seah

This is the best anti-government writeup.

Let's track her achievements :

First she embarrassed old man by apologising on his behalf and nothing happened.

Then she fought hand in hand with TJS to ensure that the right person becomes the president.

Then she quit the scene.

And now she is back with such a glaring attack on the authority.

When there is a need to recall a top agent from hibernation, it is an indication of how desperate the situation is.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]NICOLE SEAH: THE WHOLE 'ROY VS PM LEE' SAGA HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
11 Jun 2014 - 4:46pm

<above pic: popular NSP member Nicole Seah>

I believe in the need for diversity in opinion and freedom of expression. But I cannot take on a us-versus-them at all cost approach when it comes to discussing such matters.

So even though I am an opposition supporter, I will also say that the whole defamation suit is thoroughly ridiculous on both parties and it's been politicized to create a false underdog martyrdom, when the whole crux of thematter really is - Don't make false and damaging claims that are unfounded and steeped in lies.

I know a lot of opposition parties and supporters are positioning this as a repression of the 99% in Singapore and human rights and whatnot, but it really isn't. And the whole matter has been blown out of proportion on both fronts.

For those who argue that it is about CPF, the bugbear with CPF is not transparency. It's really a stretch to claim that the government is cheating us of our money. The issue is with mismanaged expectations on how it's been allowed to be used for healthcare, housing, investment, etc. when one has all these big-ticket expenses to fulfill and finite funds in the pocket. That's another issue that takes into account housing prices, healthcare premiums and subsidies, and the like.

It's good for society to have the ability to express ourselves, but we also need to have discernment to look beyond seeing a situation in a simplistically black or white fashion.
Had to say it. Said in personal capacity. Now I await the backlash.

Nicole Seah

Look like she has been bought.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
she is getting more and more pretty
damned it how i wish i can shake her hand
anyway i can just shake her please
she looks so very charmiong and huggable
well done nicole ticko uncle loves you

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Roy going overboard is agreed. She however is hitting below the belt.

Despite mentioning both sides, the venom is directed at Roy and his supporters. And she conveniently claims that the CPF as "mismanaged expectations"

The call to clarify issues with CPF has been going on for some years. There is still no clarity. The fair share of returns is being disputed. People are aware of financial markets and information is following freely thanks to the internet.

She must be in idiot to think that this is mismanaged expectations. She is belittling the issue and the few people that are brave enough to challenge the status quo.

I agree with your view. Even though she tried to stay neutral, she was clearly hitting out at Roy and no mention about the apology and the 5k

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why am I less hardnosed than before? As someone who wants to contribute in a small way to the best interests of the country regardless of being in public office or not, that stance was necessary 5 years ago when the climate was a lot more tilted and different than it is today. Today, there are several camps who are trying to stir anxiety and anger from both ends, and it is not healthy to feed either extreme. I also recognize that there are even more Singaporeans who want to have their issues with CPF addressed but are uncomfortable with pulling their weight behind an unsubstantiated and defamatory stance.

Nicole Rebecca Seah
7 hours ago near Klong Toey, Thailand

I think PAP will kick out Tin pei Ling for her.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's good for society to have the ability to express ourselves, but we also need to have discernment to look beyond seeing a situation in a simplistically black or white fashion. Had to say it. Said in personal capacity. Now I await the backlash.

Girl girl, it is one thing to express oneself, that's perfectly fine.

It is a totally different ball game to make baseless accusations.

Suppose you are the Minister in charge of say, Social Service... and LKY accuse you of siphoning money from the government... is that a simple case of expressing oneself? In this case, if LKY accusation of you is baseless, you have the full right ignore him or sue him. Recall Durai vs SPH?

For me, I see good in this lawsuit because it is through these court cases that we the Pandora box is open... which would otherwise be closed.

Without the Durai vs SPH lawsuit, the guy who first whistle-blow about the gold tap in Durai office would not be able to clear his name, there wouldn't be news of Durai flying first class, and other juicy details. Therefore, for those who has extra cash for Roy, sure, go ahead and donate it to him - he needs the $$$ for both lawsuit and livelihood (post TTSH).

Last edited: