• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New S’pore citizen defends PRs during discussion on housing

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, a post about lil ol' me! I'm flattered, everyone! And to use some of my best photos, oh boy! But aiyah, next time ask me for permission la.Later all kena trouble then how? Plus I could have given you the photos of me in my SAF Number 4 to use! Ah well. Now let me clear up some misconceptions here.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
One, I'm not an FT. I know this may be hard for you all to conceive, but I'm very much born and bred. I was born a PR because my dad was foreign and my mother was a PR. That's the only reason why I'm technically a new citizen.I gave up my British Citizenship after serving NS to take up Singapore Citizenship. You'd be surprised by just how many there are like me. Or you would be, if you bothered to pull your heads out of your asses long enough to find out.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Turkish blood, my mother was Indian. So Loofydralb, you racist bastard you(you spelt the insult wrong by the way), yes, I do have the blood of the race you referred to in such a derogatory manner. As for being an "excommunicated Jew"(the proper term for such a thing happening to a Jew would be "herem"), no. Don't try so hard, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself :wink:

Yes, I am a mongrel. Very proud of it too, genetic diversity does have its benefits.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the fella who doesn't know what Allied Educators are, nah :http://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/allied-educators/
I do give tuition on the side and I'd be more than willing to tutor you guys in English. I can do Social Studies too, so that you can learn about more about the ethnic diversity of out country as well as what goes on generally. Also, I really wouldn't go around putting down foreigners if I were you, seeing how you don't even know what's going on in our country in the first place.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the people wondering about my dad, he may be a PR but I think that's his prerogative la, considering he was part of the army that was fighting for Singapore during Konfrontasi. So no, Zeddy, we aren't going to "fuck off from here" considering my father has been here for a good 50 years and I was born here. If you have an issue with it though, you're more than welcome to follow your own advice.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, I know how everyone pays for their flats. The point of TNP writing how it was paid for, I guess, was to show that we're not a buncha people who throw around cash for everything, but are pretty much regular people doing their best to make their way. Not everyone qualifies for grants, but not everyone has the luxury of choosing not to take the grant either.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also,the differentiation is quite large. You can actually find the differentiation listed out online, to get a clear picture of just how big it is. I never disagreed with how there should be differentiation, I was just pointing out that the existing differentiation was both quite large and applied in various aspects of our lives(by the way, PRs pay both tax and CPF). What I was disagreeing with was blaming the minority for driving the market. And yes, PRs are the minority of the market.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, anyone interested in all that was said by me and the others at the dialogue, drop me a message and let's talk shop. Those who're just interested in being bigots who bash, you may wanna find a target who isn't actually Singaporean at heart.

Koteks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That's the only reason why I'm technically a new citizen.I gave up my British Citizenship after serving NS to take up Singapore Citizenship. You'd be surprised by just how many there are like me.

Yes I am surprised. What's wrong with you and those just like you? Was there a sudden drop in Oxygen levels?

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I am surprised. What's wrong with you and those just like you? Was there a sudden drop in Oxygen levels?

No, we just love the country we grew up in as our home. But yes, many Singaporeans have asked me that. It's ironic. On the one hand, the complaints are we don't wanna take up citizenship, don't wanna integrate, etc. But when we do, everyone is in disbelief and asking why we would do it.

And guess you're gonna have to prove it's only temporary, aren't you Winnipeg? Point is, born and bred Singaporean and not an FT.

Thatguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the country I grew up in too but the point is it doesn't exist anymore. It's gone for good.

You're welcome to how you feel, and I am sorry you feel that way.

I don't see it that way, personally. And I'm one of those born in the 80's kids, so it's not like it's all about the flashy, glitzy stuff for me. Honestly, we could scale back on certain things and invest in other areas. But I don't see the country itself as gone. Changed in some ways, both for better and worse, but roots are still there, albeit needing some searching to find.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love the country I grew up in too but the point is it doesn't exist anymore. It's gone for good.

The time that you had to share with 50 families one shit bucket to shit in also gone for good
Even if no smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY existed, the world move on.

Your eternal gratefulness to smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY is based on faulty connections in your neurons of your head

One good cure to get right thinking back into your head is to stick your head below waterline in your house toilet bowl
One hour should be enough

If you still have eternal gratefulness to smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY, repeat that for 2 hours

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And guess you're gonna have to prove it's only temporary, aren't you Winnipeg? Point is, born and bred Singaporean and not an FT.

It is a fact. If you ever want to leave sinkapore, UK will always take you back. Not for us born here with only one citizenship.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
As though Sinkie gene pool isn't bad enough as it stands with so many born with Down syndrome, mildly retarded, incease in number of GAYS, BEING BALLESS, they have to inject a mongrel blood line to interbreed with the daft local Sinkies! LOL

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, a post about lil ol' me! I'm flattered, everyone! And to use some of my best photos, oh boy! But aiyah, next time ask me for permission la.Later all kena trouble then how? Plus I could have given you the photos of me in my SAF Number 4 to use! Ah well. Now let me clear up some misconceptions here.

How did you know we were talking about you, were you egotistically stalking yourself?

Let's get the fact's straight, a large proportion of PRs don't do NS, sama sama for new citizens. Just because you are the few who do NS, I guess you do feel you are somewhat deserving, and I will agree with you on that, and maybe you can call propose better deals for PRs who serve their NS obligation. After all, 1/3 of PRs with NS obligation rather give up their PRs than serve NS.

btw. allied educators is a glorified name for teaching help.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What happened to your hair? You are 29?