• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

netizen: 36 year old friend got biz degree but cannot find white collar job.

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
“He got a polytechnic diploma in marketing. Later he went to take a private degree in business, I think it is not really recognised as it is completed in 1 year part time.”

He shared that his friend started working at 23-years-old after he ORD, but he could only get an administrative job and his salary never went beyond $2500/month.

“He got retrenched at 36 years old. Went for more than 10 admin job interviews in 1 month but did not have any job offer.”

More at https://tinyurI.com/b8ndusem

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple-because he is a local?
If he is a foreigner, he would now be staying in a private property , earning big bucks and ordering around locals who also have to serve reservist .
Long live CECA and all foreigners due to the great PAP

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal, we are displace, many are jiuhukia, they employ only their own kind ,I myself encountered before ,it already started 20 plus years ago, nowlagi worse hv pinoy ,China n worse u will see ceca, u ask him who he voted for ,look around so many grab drivers ,delivery ,some drivers even convert their own car ,but with a sticker there damp embarrassing ,especially staying in EC n condo, I even see grab delivery staying in EC n condo , they should down grade to hdb.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normal, we are displace, many are jiuhukia, they employ only their own kind ,I myself encountered before ,it already started 20 plus years ago, nowlagi worse hv pinoy ,China n worse u will see ceca, u ask him who he voted for ,look around so many grab drivers ,delivery ,some drivers even convert their own car ,but with a sticker there damp embarrassing ,especially staying in EC n condo, I even see grab delivery staying in EC n condo , they should down grade to hdb.
Some are retirees driving Grab to pass time..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
A basic degree is a dime a dozen these days, nothing special. I went for my master degree after my basic degree. And I have not found a job in 30 years. Oh wait, it's because I am self-employed.:biggrin:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should migrate to India and later come back to Singapore via CECA programme and I will guarantee that he will have fat salary job in DBS

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got the wrong qualification.He should go get a ALTRON Diploma accreditated by MOM and Singapore Employers.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is a foreigner, he would now be staying in a private property , earning big bucks and ordering around locals who also have to serve reservist .

I'm not sure about banks. But I'm local. I made 2.3. Take home pay about 1.8 contribution only $851 from me and agency. Something is wrong here.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some are retirees driving Grab to pass time..
Without the CECA Indians here in Singapore, our local can't even get a job in Grab delivery or even be a Grab driver. These good jobs available for local are created by CECA Indians, more these good jobs will be created for local if we allow more CECA Indians cone here to take over our PMET jobs.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fren no degree no diploma. Start makan biz now hiring MBA to run biz. Study get degree for fuck ? End up as employee.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinks were businessmen and were even richer than bankers. Now their ambition is to be someones bitch. And an unemployed bitch at at

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is not a Foreign Tenant, need to contribute to rent seeking economy...

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 50s & 60s, GCE 'O' levels is already equivalent to a degree. Nowadays having a normal degree is nothing even a Master degree don't guaranteed you will be landed with a well paying job

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should make full advantage of CECA and move over to India and find a good job there and ultimately bring his entire family there and get PR status there....