• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MY LUNCH/DINNER/BREAKFAST/SNACK/SUPPER Thread for sharing your meals/food/cooking

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20210904_133208.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
20210906_181418.jpg

20210906_181849.jpg

First flip all pointing same direction

20210906_181923.jpg

2nd flip point to left now.

20210906_182132.jpg

3rd flip still point to left. This way you get the criss cross grill patterns (theoretically)

20210906_183329.jpg

20210906_183624.jpg

20210906_183357.jpg

Some pieces I think in middle more well done than the ones on periphery. But about there lah. Medium to medium rare.

20210906_183939.jpg

20210906_185454.jpg

@Charlie99 share some photos of your striploin!

Today's striploin softer than the top sirloin usually. Nice.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Doctor @nayr69sg

Good that you are still around.
You love cooking and food.
So, just carry on with this joy.

Take care.
Hey @kelvin Thanks!

I was going to thank you for your earlier response to me.

I dont love cooking actually. And I am not a foodie. But my sons like steak. So I thought I would grill some today since I went to Superstore with my wife this morning and the striploin steaks were on sale. $19.80/kg is pretty good for Striploin.

Also inspired by @Charlie99 always saying he grills Striploin. Haha.

Hope you are doing well and have a good week!

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
@nayr69sg

Buddy,
No worries. Just helping a virtual friend in need.
Life has its ups and downs.

Listen to this lovely sweet song.
Hope some kind of wonderful comes to you pretty soon.:whistling:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey @kelvin Thanks!

I was going to thank you for your earlier response to me.

I dont love cooking actually. And I am not a foodie. But my sons like steak. So I thought I would grill some today since I went to Superstore with my wife this morning and the striploin steaks were on sale. $19.80/kg is pretty good for Striploin.

Also inspired by @Charlie99 always saying he grills Striploin. Haha.

Hope you are doing well and have a good week!
I may grill Angus AAA striploin steak, or AAA Sterling Silver striploin steak (from Sobeys or Foodland), or AAA striploin steak from Longos, when it is on sale, once a week.
Before COVID, when it is on sale, it was about Cdn $10 to 14 a pound.
But recently, Angus striploin was $17 at Longos, and the other striploin was $14 a pound.
We eat more fish and chicken, than steak.
Organic salmon fillets on Saturday and Monday.
Smoked salmon on light rye bread for lunch on every other Sunday. Or grilled sun dried tomato sausage and hot Italian sausage.
Fresh cod for Sunday dinner.
Chicken breasts on Tuesday, and on Thursday, if it is not steak.
Wednesday dinner is almost always pasta with mixed vegetables, or tortellini or ravioli.

Last edited: