• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, but it won't be the problem of the current crop of politicians.

more and more are falling into the poverty trap. many children are denied proper nutrition. Will this result in poor health and sick adults in the future?

neglect these singaporeans and health care cost will balloon in the future

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
more and more are falling into the poverty trap. many children are denied proper nutrition. Will this result in poor health and sick adults in the future?

neglect these singaporeans and health care cost will balloon in the future

Don't say, that after one older PAP cronies come out and say last time when they can eat porridge with canned salted vegetable already very good and said the kids nowadays very pampered.:p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....,In Oz, we have decent interest rates for saving accounts........

This is a very interesting angle. Normally saving interest cannot compensate for inflation over the long term. During short inverse period, such things can happen but not for long, otherwise loophole for arbitrage. Wouldn't the cost of borrowing be also very high e.g. Housing loans? Of course you can also say pay for your accommodation in cash as well, in which case you have to earn that money first, perhaps in Singapore.

That is the reason why I commented to Tracy that I hope her children could be as lucky to have this cash upfront to support a lifestyle of not having to work hard but can depend on savings and welfare for a living.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
By now you should have realised that Tracy don't live like the rest of Singaporean at all. She can afford holidays trip all the time to make babies. Come in here and post comments almost constantly. What does it tell you about her? Of course her kids is going to be very lucky. The point is, Tracy is not your average day Singaporean to begin with.

This is a very interesting angle. Normally saving interest cannot compensate for inflation over the long term. During short inverse period, such things can happen but not for long, otherwise loophole for arbitrage. Wouldn't the cost of borrowing be also very high e.g. Housing loans? Of course you can also say pay for your accommodation in cash as well, in which case you have to earn that money first, perhaps in Singapore.

That is the reason why I commented to Tracy that I hope her children could be as lucky to have this cash upfront to support a lifestyle of not having to work hard but can depend on savings and welfare for a living.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By now you should have realised that Tracy don't live like the rest of Singaporean at all. She can afford holidays trip all the time to make babies. Come in here and post comments almost constantly. What does it tell you about her? Of course her kids is going to be very lucky. The point is, Tracy is not your average day Singaporean to begin with.

If that is the case it does not matter where she lives.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I worked hard and am blessed. I see many Singaporean work hard like me too...but they suffer because of bad pap policies which favour big businesses at the expense of Singapore workers.

In SG, a gal is more blessed than a guy. A guy fights an uphill battle because of NS, reservist, etc.

Also in the work place, a younger gal seems to get her way better than guys. It's hard to be a guy in SG

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait, where you working now? How come I see a lot of SG girl suffering as well?

I worked hard and am blessed. I see many Singaporean work hard like me too...but they suffer because of bad pap policies which favour big businesses at the expense of Singapore workers.

In SG, a gal is more blessed than a guy. A guy fights an uphill battle because of NS, reservist, etc.

Also in the work place, a younger gal seems to get her way better than guys. It's hard to be a guy in SG

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... She is a Singaporean and wants her child to be raised as an Australian. She intends to give birth to her child in australia.

I wonder what you think of her decision?

One day, her child will pine like this girl brought up in Europe:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lHc0wTh-qsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"One day I'll finally know my soul...
One day I'll come to you.. to say Hello [Singapura]"

What is wart to the mother over here may be beauty to the child.
The child may not want to feel like he/she is the Bangladeshi, Pinoy or PRC of Singapore - adopted by a foreign country. At least over here she is the bumiputra of Singapore.

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a very interesting angle.

Wouldn't the cost of borrowing be also very high e.g. Housing loans?

Hello Fook Seng,

NO!! Of couse not...

I will PM you the details about inflation rates, savings account rates and mortgage rates in Australia.

You will be shock to find the really fine margins here. Less than 1%.

And in one case the bank pay the savings account rates HIGHER than the mortgage rates - There is a catch of course which I will explain in that PM. Also will show you how to go around it and yet covered by the government's guarantee.

I choose to respond to you via PM because I have no intend of letting this scrum know about the details.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?126471-l-love-Australia-!!!&p=1204782#post1204782

Think about how much a good time banking businesses had in Sillypore :mad: Just look at their FAT FAT OBSCENE margins

Please post here that you received the PM without disclosing the details.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, but it won't be the problem of the current crop of politicians.

And yes, the high property prices is not a problem for those who have gotten a property now too. In fact for those who have more than one, they are rejoicing.

It is those who does not have any and those of the next generation... they will have the albatross about their neck was hung.... till the albatross falls from their neck and their loan partially redeemed.

Modern day slavery perhaps... Say thanks to the 60%.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One day, her child will pine like this girl brought up in Europe:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lHc0wTh-qsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
"One day I'll finally know my soul...
One day I'll come to you.. to say Hello [Singapura]"

What is wart to the mother over here may be beauty to the child.
The child may not want to feel like he/she is the Bangladeshi, Pinoy or PRC of Singapore - adopted by a foreign country. At least over here she is the bumiputra of Singapore.

Jocelyn is like any mother. We want the best for our children. But we also welcome them back with open arms should they decide to return to SG.

Do you think Jocelyn is making a wrong choice?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And yes, the high property prices is not a problem for those who have gotten a property now too. In fact for those who have more than one, they are rejoicing.

It is those who does not have any and those of the next generation... they will have the albatross about their neck was hung.... till the albatross falls from their neck and their loan partially redeemed.

Modern day slavery perhaps... Say thanks to the 60%.

the woes of the poor