• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My baby and I nearly died tonight

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 13 Aug, 2008 11:53
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"My baby and I nearly died tonight"

STOMPer Mary said she encountered a 'road bully',who nearly killed her four-month-old baby through his reckless driving.

This STOMPer recounted:

"At 8.05pm this evening (Tuesday, 12 Aug 2008), I exited the PIE towards the direction of Changi and entered Lornie Road, heading towards Upper Thomson Road.

"At this exit, a metallic-coloured multi-purpose vehicle(MPV) tried to cross into my lane forcefully. I horned at him to alert him of the danger but he furiously horned back in retaliation.

"At 8.08pm, after driving a few kilometres on Lornie Road, this MPV driver suddenly sped up beside me, swerved into my lane and braked his vehicle to a complete halt, while travelling at 70km/h!

"I braked extremely hard to avoid hitting him. As a result, my baby was thrown off her seated position and was found lying on her side. She went into a state of shock!

"I pray she has not suffered any chest injuries, she's only four-months-old!

"If the cars behind had not braked in time, my baby would've been seriously injured or worse, killed!

"The driver of the MPV then got out of his vehicle and spewed vulgarities at me before speeding off. The driver was a man in his late thirties. He was wearing an orange t-shirt and had spiked-up hair.

"I am pleading for fellow motorists who have witnessed this incident to contact me. I am going to make a formal police report.

"I could not remember his car plate number as I was in shock.

"I cannot fathom this driver doing the same thing to other motorists. What if someone seriously gets hurt or killed?"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
_my baby was thrown off her seated position and was found lying on her side> >

no proper child seat

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civilians driving cars and scolding each other = civil case.

Police need not be involved. Low crime doesn’t mean no crime. It just means they are reclassified.

Aussie Pete

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely no excuse for road rage... but how could the baby be thrown from a seated position? At 4-months old it must have have been in a baby seat. If not, the mother was already risking the baby's life... most other countries, you will receive demerit points against your license for not restraining the baby correctly, along with a hefty fine... get caught three times and there is no more problem - you will lose your license, and then you'd be playing 'bullrush' with the MRT commuters and your pram, as well as contending with the 'Great Pretenders' (feigning sleep to avoid offering their seat for the baby-toting parent)... I think that's even more dangerous than road-rage... :p
:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What on earth has happened to the country??:confused:

Are the inhabitants all going looney or what?:eek:

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is only her side of the accident.
she is breaking the law and endanger her own child by not having a child seat else how can the child be thrown off her seat.

glad that both her and her child is safe.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Road rage..... increasing incident in sgp.....

A baby at 4 months cannot sit on his own... so likely he is in a baby seat.... but the seat is not secured... so when emergency brake, the baby seat fell forward and then sideway onto the floor....

The MPV driver should be jailed.... road rage can kill....

beng